User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: ENVE Shipping track fork production to ASIA WTF? Beginning of the end US production?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENVE Shipping track fork production to ASIA WTF? Beginning of the end US production?

So I upsold three clients on US Made ENVE track forks. Today I find out the molds are on a boat to ASIA. **Directly from the ENVE sales rep**

Sad.

On another note does anyone on this board have a couple enve track forks they want to unload at SBA pricing levels?

Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ENVE Shipping track fork production to ASIA WTF? Beginning of the end US producti

Sad indeed. There's clearly a market for quality US made stuff (like most builders on this forum, or stuff like Paul Comp or Phil Wood). You'd think on a high end product like ENVE they'd recognize that and not want to relegate themselves to just being another over-seas made bike part.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: ENVE Shipping track fork production to ASIA WTF? Beginning of the end US producti

Since ENVE is one of my select OEM component manufacturers, US production is important to me and I have high regard for their product I'd like to say something:

I just spoke with ENVE's sales department while placing an order for a client's handlebar and seat post and they are on backorder until August. The reason is that ENVE is making an effort to transition both Riser Mtn. and DH Bars and Seat post production BACK to the U.S. to better control quality and availability. The goal, as it was explained to me direct from ENVE H.Q. is that U.S. production of their hoops have been AND will always be in the U.S. and that the long term goal is to bring all production back to the U.S. for their components. For the next 6-12 months and beyond, there will be a split between U.S. production and overseas production of their components. All tooling is made here in the states, and sent to their factories overseas if applicable for a given component utilizing the same materials. However, as stated above direct from ENVE, the long term goal is to bring it all here.
    Kristofer Henry : 44 BIKES : Made to Shred™
    www.44bikes.com · Flickr · Facebook · Instagram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you put your buisness head on Profit is KING

If you also see what they (taiwan) are also doing technically its not going to be long before they reign supreme

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My business 'hat' never comes off.
    Kristofer Henry : 44 BIKES : Made to Shred™
    www.44bikes.com · Flickr · Facebook · Instagram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Eldridge View Post
    So I upsold three clients on US Made ENVE track forks. Today I find out the molds are on a boat to ASIA. **Directly from the ENVE sales rep**

Sad.

On another note does anyone on this board have a couple enve track forks they want to unload at SBA pricing levels?

Adam
    Why is this SAD? Sounds like you misrepresented the product. It has been my understanding since the beginning that all production EDGE/ENVE forks are made overseas. The tubing and rims are manufactured here in the states but beyond that? I have never seen any ads or literature promoting the production forks as being made here in the US. A phone call or a little interweb research goes a long way.

Enve makes some great products period. While I'd love to see the whole line made in the USA the fact that the company is clearly driven by a passion for cycling and innovation gets my support. Add to that their loyalty to the framebuilding community and you see why it's the clear choice for carbon on handmade bikes. The products really are made with the builders in mind. So while they work on bringing the production home I'll keep supporting the cause.
    Seth Rosko
    Rosko Cycles
    New York City
    www.rosko.cc