User Tag List

Thread: Outlier Shorts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Outlier Shorts.

Just ordered a set of these shorts for myself. They are pricey but I'm convinced by their pants. This is good quality stuff made with top quality materials in the US, NYC.

I'll let you know how they turn out.

OUTLIER Three Way Shorts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Outlier Shorts.

i like three ways.

lettuce know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wearing a pair of their original shorts right now. They nice. I've had them for years and the only problem they've developed is a little burn spot where a bonfire ember burnt them.

Also got some trousers from them which are the only pair of pants that I receive compliments on regularly (including this afternoon). Considering what I paid they damn well better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I've had the chance to wear these a few times now. Having shorts that stretch and move with you like these do is a dream. These are definitely the nicest shorts I've ever owned. I never realized I needed nicer shorts than what I've always had but now I know I do.

For some they will be too short but I like them. And they look great too. As previously stated in this thread the only clothing I ever get compliments on is product from Outlier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After lifeguarding for a decade, I still can't get away from Birdwell's. I still have a pair from 99'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tried a pair of the outlier shorts upon this treads recommendation. i have worn them a few times and like them a lot. i will have to wear them a few more before i decide if im going to drop more cash on them.

trying to work out a pattern w/ birdwell right now also......thanks for sharing as i hadn't heard of either of these companies before.

cheers,
    shaner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any idea on sizing for these things?

I wear a 33" generally and trying to decide whether to size up or down...
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    Any idea on sizing for these things?

I wear a 33" generally and trying to decide whether to size up or down...
    I think they have sizing guidelines on their site per product. Actual waist measurement versus sizing.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been needing some good shorts. I think I'm gonna do it.
    Mark Edwards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping this old thread.

I bought a pair of 60/30s (pants). I don't want to wear any other pants since I received them. Very well made, very comfortable, don't stink, and wipe clean very easy. In fact, I've worn them every day but 2 for the last month. I need more Outlier in my life. I plan on buying a pair of shorts to get me through the summer (April to November).
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    Bumping this old thread.

I bought a pair of 60/30s (pants). I don't want to wear any other pants since I received them. Very well made, very comfortable, don't stink, and wipe clean very easy. In fact, I've worn them every day but 2 for the last month. I need more Outlier in my life. I plan on buying a pair of shorts to get me through the summer (April to November).
    I've been in the Nyco Slims for work this winter, been great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SignatureJustin View Post
    I've been in the Nyco Slims for work this winter, been great.
    My go-to denim is shaking in its boots. I have my eyes on the Dungarees. I'd really like to try the Nyco slims too.
    Auk's words to live by:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My go-to denim is shaking in its boots. I have my eyes on the Dungarees. I'd really like to try the Nyco slims too.
    The Slims are killer just because they are half the price of all the others! I have been loving them way more than denim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Slims are killer just because they are half the price of all the others! I have been loving them way more than denim.
    Yo Justin. How much pocket flare do you get on your 3-ways? (this is such a styleforum question .....). I don't see a lot on the model pics but wonder if "normal" people are getting a little. Thinking about sizing up since there is a draws string.

Otherwise - the 3-ways are awesome and I'll be in them every day.
    Auk's words to live by:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo Justin. How much pocket flare do you get on your 3-ways? (this is such a styleforum question .....). I don't see a lot on the model pics but wonder if "normal" people are getting a little. Thinking about sizing up since there is a draws string.

Not much in terms of pocket flare, nothing noticeable. I sized down in the shorts from pants in the Outlier line. 30 in the pants and 29 in shorts. The shorts for what ever reason seem to run a little fuller fitting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much in terms of pocket flare, nothing noticeable. I sized down in the shorts from pants in the Outlier line. 30 in the pants and 29 in shorts. The shorts for what ever reason seem to run a little fuller fitting.
    Maybe I have womanly hips. Maybe I'm just pocket flare paranoid. I sized up from my pants, but I think the actual waist is about the same. Also, my pants are a "loosies" 60/30 version so they are definitely fuller fit than the nyco slims. I don't actually _need_ loosies though I realized after getting them.
    Auk's words to live by:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF is "pocket flare"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
    WTF is "pocket flare"?
    It is that thing you use to signal distress when your boat is foundering at sea, only pocket sized.

Or it is this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    It is that thing you use to signal distress when your boat is foundering at sea, only pocket sized.

Or it is this.
    "In one case, I had a client/friend who was tired of this issue (the dreaded pocket flare)and asked his chiropractor about it. Apparently his posture was putting unhealthy pressure on his lower spine. He ended up solving all the issues above with some routine stretches and an exercise plan that focused on straightening and strengthening the lower spine and pelvis. He’s never felt more athletic and energized, and his pants have never looked so good."

All I have to do is exercise and my pants will quit flaring? I wish the thread would have started years ago!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cautiously optimistic for beach weather soonish, it is time to refresh my board shorts.
    Whoever said Birdwell, thank you. Got a pair of the origionals two years ago and Jonesing for more. The 311s look great.
    FWIIW Jbag, my outlier shorts get a ton of use. They wont wear out, unfortunately those are no longer made in solid colors.

All Birdwell 311 Boardshorts | Birdwell Beach Britches