Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Baum Cycles

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Baum View Post
    Hi Grant,

I would have to say that the greatest influence outside of the industry has been having the opportunity to work with some brilliant old school tradesmen.
    They have a wealth of skills and knowledge to teach and if you are willing to listen it is yours for the taking.
    Fit/biomechanics - l have had the opportunity to learn from Steve Hogg Welcome » Steve Hogg's Bike Fitting Website and given that he was able to fit my body to a bike and enable me to ride pain free l rate him fairly highly.
    Handling- Jo Banks worked as a Crew Chief for a V8 Supercar racing team (like Nascar) here in Australia. He introduced me to the concept of post Race/Testing debriefing which we then applied to the bikes.
    Comfort - My rear end and a whole lot of miles!
    Stiffness - We have worked with elite athletes using SRM's as a base point
    Graphics - We have been able to collaborate with a group of talented and passionate designers and through constructive/dec-constructive/argumentative discussion we have arrived at our current graphics point.

Thanks for your interest.

Darren
    Geez, was 2003 that bad?
    FRAMEBUILDING PARTS FOR SALE!

Somewhere between the Right and Left in San Francisco
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Baum Cycles

Just home from the Above Category / Baum evening. I was blown away by not on the the display of jaw-dropping bikes there (headed for Sac...you HAVE to see the track Corretto) but the depth of knowledge that Darren showed about his frames, materials, process and biomechanics. One of them most rewarding builder presentations I've been to for sure. I was lucky enough to spend about an hour with Darren prior to event getting the fit dialed on my Corretto. He clearly has a passion for fit, and as someone with some anatomical oddities I really appreciated his his attention to detail. I'm somewhat flattened after hearing about all the thought and work that went into producing my frame...amazing stuff.

Many thanks, and see you in Sacramento!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123