Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Gibson View Post
    PDAR, I can see what you mean about Greenaway and achingingly beautiful. That seques (sp?) nicely into my question. An open one to all. and a specific one to "Round".

All: What do you love about the bicycle?
    For my part, putting aside the beautiful mechanical efficiency, I see a metaphor. The bike, like the earth, spins. It "cycles" around the sun, and the spin contributes to our rekoning of time. Likewise, the seemingly deterministic repetitive motions on the bike lead to a journey, which is also usually circular in nature. And like life, the trick is to enjoy the ride!!!!

Round: I am blessed enough to be waiting for a Ciavete Responsorum via Kyle in Philadelphia...Beethoven "Ode to Joy" and "clockwork". The question I have is, for 30-80 km rides through rolling hills, what wheelset would give the most aesthetic (not nec. fastest or lightest) ride??

Thank you for your art!
    Ciao
    If I understand correctly the question, the answer is:
    don't ask me brand and model , it is just for ahestetic ,
    a nice pair of high-profile wheels, 80 mm minimum, where I have sufficient space to make a wild "ciavete".
    take care
    d
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know by heart that road ... the cyclists have been a real torture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    For the record , some pictures of Custoza , near Verona , great food like the "bollito con la pearà .
    We had wonderful moments, and incredible, the day was not perfect, a little cloudy, but from the Windows of the restaurant we could see no less than 300 cyclists riding on the front road . fantastic!!
    d
    Dario
    Is this the trattoria that we will visit for the Pegoraduno event in May?

Franco
    Il vero lusso è il tempo da dedicare alle proprie passioni.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fc356 View Post
    Dario
    Is this the trattoria that we will visit for the Pegoraduno event in May?

Franco
    No Franco....absolutely no.....but it has been a good test! This Restaurant is freshly opened by a client of our friend Ezio (a great collector ad user of Pegoretti's Bikes) that you will meet in the Raduno....almost all the things we have eaten and drank went from the farm outside the restaurant....in Italy we call it "Agriturismo".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao
    If I understand correctly the question, the answer is:
    don't ask me brand and model , it is just for ahestetic ,
    a nice pair of high-profile wheels, 80 mm minimum, where I have sufficient space to make a wild "ciavete".
    take care
    d
    d
    But don't go out on a windy day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg71 View Post
    No Franco....absolutely no.....but it has been a good test! This Restaurant is freshly opened by a client of our friend Ezio (a great collector ad user of Pegoretti's Bikes) that you will meet in the Raduno....almost all the things we have eaten and drank went from the farm outside the restaurant....in Italy we call it "Agriturismo".
    Alberto
    Thank you for the reply. See link below for one of my favorite Agriturismos that I enjoyed in January 2010. It is near Parma

http://www.anticacortepallavicinarelais.com/

Franco

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alberto
    Thank you for the reply. See link below for one of my favorite Agriturismos that I enjoyed in January 2010. It is near Parma

http://www.anticacortepallavicinarelais.com/

Franco
    ...my name's Nicola....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Re: Pegoretti Cicli

mi scuisi
    sorry Nicola

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    good morning dario -

what is the status of the framebuilding in italy (not including brands that have parts made under license, be it from china or elsewhere)?
    is there any interest from younger people to come in to the trade and make it a career path?
    or, can you see the close of the era when the amount of folks making frames like this will be more of a curiosity and sidebar to the industry as we know it?

in short, what is next?

ciao atmo.
    Ciao Riccardo,
     the situation here is not very nice, I don't see a new wave, it is true that the economic situation and the bureaucracy and costs do not encourage  to begin to follow this path, we must also consider that new generations have lifestyle model  and aspirations that contrast with the career of a framebuilder.
     To give an idea I am getting a dozen of requests for apprentice every  year,  80% of these from other country , not from Italy. There are some contractors that work for big brands and a little for themselves but I don't see a real new wave as there is in the United States.
    Need to add that in Italy there is not a large market for framebuilder, there is not a large interest in our work.
     The spirit of the customer towards the handmade frame is very critical, it is often brought to criticize or minimize the efforts that you make, you know well the reality of some italian forum and the spirit that lies within.
    It is very sad but is the reality.
    Take care
    D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mi scuisi
    sorry Nicola
    No problem Franco....Alberto is a friend of mine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the laugh! Good answer for a verbose hack!
    Now, I will go ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao ,
    i was referring to the Brad Mehldau version , I also love the Nick Drake version , is really difficult to make a choice but I was referring to Brad Mehldau.
    take care
    d
    i was hoping it was brad's album. i saw him on this tour (circa 2005). i'll be seeing him again in april with josh redman in boston. i want a 'day is done' even more now:)

another question for you -- at what point does a 'day is done' become more appropriate than a luigino?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dario
    Never heard of Brad Mehldau but I just watched him playing River Man on Podcast. Excellent. Im a big Nick Drake fan.
    'A Remark You Made' would be a good name for a frame especially as you are a Jaco fan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dario,
    Why the insistence on setback seat posts?
    Is it not the saddle position over the rear wheel and with respect to the bottom bracket all that matters?
    If so, why bother with how you get there?
    Am I missing something?
    Henrique
    un abrazo,
    Henrique Tono

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashwa64 View Post
    i was hoping it was brad's album. i saw him on this tour (circa 2005). i'll be seeing him again in april with josh redman in boston. i want a 'day is done' even more now:)

another question for you -- at what point does a 'day is done' become more appropriate than a luigino?
    I have always thought, in the design of my tubesets ,to a specific use or a specific rider which meant the frame.
    Would not be correct to say that the DID is better than the luigino and vice versa , is correct to say that the luigino is more suitable for this or that rider and for a specific use and DID is more suitable for another rider or for another uses, in this sense i am always convinced that it is possible to build an extremely high performance lugged steel frame.

in this sense I believe that DID may be considered a step forward in the construction of a lugged steel frame ,a frame competitive vs other materials, and other techniques.
    Steel is a wonderful material to build frames, we only keep it updated and use all the positive features of this material for the rider, and I believe that these positive features are many and varied.
    the DID is intended as a pure racing frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashwa64 View Post

I have always thought, in the design of my tubesets ,to a specific use or a specific rider which meant the frame.
    Would not be correct to say that the DID is better than the luigino and vice versa , is correct to say that the luigino is more suitable for this or that rider and for a specific use and DID is more suitable for another rider or for another uses, in this sense i am always convinced that it is possible to build an extremely high performance lugged steel frame.

in this sense I believe that DID may be considered a step forward in the construction of a lugged steel frame ,a frame competitive vs other materials, and other techniques.
    Steel is a wonderful material to build frames, we only keep it updated and use all the positive features of this material for the rider, and I believe that these positive features are many and varied.
    the DID is intended as a pure racing frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry for double message
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Dario,

In one of your earlier posts you talked about your relationship with Pietro.
    As he has become such an important part of Pegoretti Cicli, I was just curious how the two of you came together - does Pietro have a long history in the bike industry like yourself?

grazie,
    paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htono View Post
    Dario,
    Why the insistence on setback seat posts?
    Is it not the saddle position over the rear wheel and with respect to the bottom bracket all that matters?
    If so, why bother with how you get there?
    Am I missing something?
    Henrique
    ciao Enrico,
    If I design a geometry for a frame following the old rules, using the experience and knowledge that comes from the past, I will determine the correct seat angle for this frame and the seat will be placed in the middle position of the saddle rails , now if you replace the seatpost with a straight post you cannot find the same correct position relative to bb because the clamp on the seatpost is about 45 mm long and the linear part of rails is about 75 mm, so you can move back and foward with the saddle for +-17 mm , but the classic post have a seatback of 25 mm . The correct way, if you want to use a straight post , is to change the seat angle to compensate the lack of setback post but at this point is necessary to redesign all the frame geometry.
    And last thing,maybe someone understand that I do not like the straight post , my eyes refuse to watch them, maybe I'm too old?
    d

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And last thing,maybe someone understand that I do not like the straight post , my eyes refuse to watch them, maybe I'm too old?
    d
    i hate to pile on, but i couldn't agree more with this ^ ^ and believe it should be on a DP tee shirt atmo.
    forza dario.