Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Dario,

I just wanted to say thanks for your creations. I'm currently riding a Love #3 and a Marcelo. They are wonderful.

I wonder if you might answer these somewhat random questions:

A book you would recommend?

A film?

A piece of music?

Thanks again!

William

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ciao dario,

can you confirm that the design of the falz with a 45mm rake is compatible with circa 2007 respos. many thanks!

michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by takashi View Post
    Dario,

I just wanted to say thanks for your creations. I'm currently riding a Love #3 and a Marcelo. They are wonderful.

I wonder if you might answer these somewhat random questions:

A book you would recommend?

A film?

A piece of music?

Thanks again!

William
    Ciao William,
    thanks , i'm really happy that you like the two bikes , about your question it is too hard to recommend only one , i try with a list:

books
    the adventures of Pinocchio collodi
    to have ot to be? fromm
    living on borrowed time bauman

movie
    il padrino (first and second) coppola
    the big lebowski coen
    crazy heart
    ladri di biciclette de sica
    roma cittā aperta rossellini
    la battaglia di Algeri pontecorvo

music
    brasilian classic eliane elias
    chiaroscuro towner fresu
    my song jarrett garbarek
    1000 rainbow jim rotondi
    just a little lovin shelby lynne
    standards live jarrett peacock dejohnette
    ojos negros dino saluzzi
    ma l'amore no stefano bollani

thanks to be here with us
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashwa64 View Post
    ciao dario,

can you confirm that the design of the falz with a 45mm rake is compatible with circa 2007 respos. many thanks!

michael
    Ciao Michele,
    yes , the falz is compatible .
    ciao
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

movie
    the big lebowski coen
    crazy heart

Dario
    I love your ideas of great movies. The two Godfather movies are at the top of my list also. And who does not love :The Dude" and other great movies that Jeff Bridges has done..The Coen Bros are incredible filmakers.

And what do you think of Sergio Leone and Giorgio Tornatore as film makers? Also in music I had a chance to see Ennio Morricone, Il Maestro in his only USA performance at Radio City Music Hall in 2007,IIRC. Do you enjoy his work?

Franco

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by advineas View Post
    Dear Mr. Pegoretti,

Why not keep it simple, the paintjob should be named "Mamma"

Best regards from the Wachau valley(Austria)
    btw. I ride a Marcelo and my friend Andreas was just recently at your workshop to order his Luigino

Martin
    Dear Friend,

due to the fact that you and your friend Andreas are from Austria, which is very near from Caldonazzo...why don't you think to come to the next "pego-raduno" in may-june (we are not sure about the exact date) in 2012? Please pm me your e-mail and i will be glad to keep us in touch!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D, grazie. You answered perfectly. Thank you for the well thought out reply.

I too am an admirer of your work. I thank you for the joy and the release your work brings whenever I ride your bike. Grazie mille.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ciao Dario,

I was lucky enough to see a lot of your bikes in Austin and they really blew me away. Is there a type of bicycle that you want to make, but don't?

thanks, it's been really interesting reading your thoughts in this thread so far.

steve
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    Ciao William,
    thanks , i'm really happy that you like the two bikes , about your question it is too hard to recommend only one , i try with a list:

books
    the adventures of Pinocchio collodi
    to have ot to be? fromm
    living on borrowed time bauman

movie
    the big lebowski coen
    crazy heart
    ladri di biciclette de sica
    roma cittā aperta rossellini
    la battaglia di Algeri pontecorvo

music
    brasilian classic eliane elias
    chiaroscuro towner fresu
    my song jarrett garbarek
    1000 rainbow jim rotondi
    just a little lovin shelby lynne
    standards live jarrett peacock dejohnette
    ojos negros dino saluzzi
    ma l'amore no stefano bollani

thanks to be here with us
    d
    Some yrs. ago I was wandering in the Israeli desert with my brother and we happened on what appeared to be an abandoned Western (American) Ghost Town. This was formerly a place where low budget Italian "Spaghetti Westerns" were filmed. Life can be very amusing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ciao dario,

a few years ago you talked about maybe wanting to move to america. do you still think about it?

italy is going through a lot of economic and political change (as are we all.) how is the economy impacting you? are you hopeful for italy's future?

do you happen to know where most of your frames go? is america your biggest market? are your frames popular in europe?

last, but very important, how is your son doing? it was so much fun meeting him that night at dinner in the castle. he is such a smart, funny kid. you're very lucky to be his papa.

take care,
    james

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Lorenzo ,
    yes is possible to chance the base color , will be nevessary to chance the other 3 colors of the paintscheme to have a nice balace , please note that there is not the pegoretti logo on the frame but a Bampi logo that was the lastname of my mamma .
    it is an hommage to her .
    I forgot to give a name to the paintscheme , any idea?
    d

My first post showing the 'no name' Duende. For Krazemoney who might appreciate the pic and thank you for asking Dario those questions. I too wondered what the paint scheme was called. Fact that Dario's mamma's name is on is pretty cool. Lots of love went into this frame for sure.

To Dario, thank you for making such wonderful pieces of rolling art. This Duende with the larger diameter tubing has such a lovely smooth ride and still feels stout and stiff when getting out of the saddle and cranking it. I'm sure that's exactly how you must have planned it. I really treasure this bike and it'll be with me for many many years to come.

Fangio300
    Singapore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fc356 View Post
    movie
    the big lebowski coen
    crazy heart

Dario
    I love your ideas of great movies. The two Godfather movies are at the top of my list also. And who does not love :The Dude" and other great movies that Jeff Bridges has done..The Coen Bros are incredible filmakers.

And what do you think of Sergio Leone and Giorgio Tornatore as film makers? Also in music I had a chance to see Ennio Morricone, Il Maestro in his only USA performance at Radio City Music Hall in 2007,IIRC. Do you enjoy his work?

Franco
    Ciao Franco,
    I must confess that I am not a big fan of soundtracks,
    I really like the music and the movie together , but listening just soundtracks alone is not the same.
    I forgot to put in the film section "C'era una volta in America" by Sergio Leone, I think it's a masterpiece, as is a masterpiece Morricone's music, and if I had to add a great composer of soundtracks, I'd say Nino Rota.
    I do not know if it is easy to find in usa "La Battaglia di Algeri" (The Battle of Algiers, 1966) , but is still a contemporary movie that does reflect.
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roguedog View Post
    D, grazie. You answered perfectly. Thank you for the well thought out reply.

I too am an admirer of your work. I thank you for the joy and the release your work brings whenever I ride your bike. Grazie mille.
    Grazie mille a te
    un abbraccio
    take care
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    ciao Dario,

I was lucky enough to see a lot of your bikes in Austin and they really blew me away. Is there a type of bicycle that you want to make, but don't?

thanks, it's been really interesting reading your thoughts in this thread so far.

steve
    Ciao Steve,
    it is a long time that i am thinking about something like a city bike , a bike to use all the day , for pleasure or to move from home to the office but i need some quiete time to design some crucial part like fenders and rack and the protection of the chainring etc. etc , i think that is not a very easy project but is something like a challenge .
    grazie mille
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Some yrs. ago I was wandering in the Israeli desert with my brother and we happened on what appeared to be an abandoned Western (American) Ghost Town. This was formerly a place where low budget Italian "Spaghetti Westerns" were filmed. Life can be very amusing.
    Ciao Josh,
    meny spaghetti western was filmed in spain , Sergio Leone movies included . and it is true sometimes life can be very amusing.
    PS Charles Bronson face is always amazing.
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Dario,

What a priviledge to have you on the forum. I have been thinking of ordering a frame from you for a long time, and hopefully will soon do so.
    I have been looking at the graphics. I quite like the "Somebody" but the first picture on your webpage has yellow,green and red in the design, which I cannot see in the other pictures( red, white and black only)?
    Are the colours different , depending on the base colour?

Hope to see you in Bristol (or Caldenazzo) soon!

Bontie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by climb01742 View Post
    ciao dario,

a few years ago you talked about maybe wanting to move to america. do you still think about it?

italy is going through a lot of economic and political change (as are we all.) how is the economy impacting you? are you hopeful for italy's future?

do you happen to know where most of your frames go? is america your biggest market? are your frames popular in europe?

last, but very important, how is your son doing? it was so much fun meeting him that night at dinner in the castle. he is such a smart, funny kid. you're very lucky to be his papa.

take care,
    james
    James carissimo,
    It is true that we discussed a few years ago about the possibility of moving to us and we were pretty confident but when cancer arrived ,everything stopped, now we do not talk any more.
    The economic situation here is terrible, has no impact on my work because I even export most of my frames but people is in a serious trouble.
    If I have to be honest I'm a little pessimistic, I believe we need a clear change of mentality, starting by politicians passing through business and finally to the common people. But it is not easy.
    US is always my main market, Southeast Asia is incredible at this moment and the European market is much better than years ago, also in Italy, my market is much better.
    it is true ,I'm lucky to be Andre papā , he's incredible, the next year he will be 18 years old and is almost 2 meters tall, he wants to be a chef and I'm happy about that ( nice dinner for the future), we have a wonderful relationship, we are now in the mid of a big discussion because he wants to buy a scooter but the problem is that he like a honda but ...... I prefer the Vespa, maybe i'm too old , is a long discussion sometimes very funny ....
    un abbraccio
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fangio300 View Post

My first post showing the 'no name' Duende. For Krazemoney who might appreciate the pic and thank you for asking Dario those questions. I too wondered what the paint scheme was called. Fact that Dario's mamma's name is on is pretty cool. Lots of love went into this frame for sure.

To Dario, thank you for making such wonderful pieces of rolling art. This Duende with the larger diameter tubing has such a lovely smooth ride and still feels stout and stiff when getting out of the saddle and cranking it. I'm sure that's exactly how you must have planned it. I really treasure this bike and it'll be with me for many many years to come.

Fangio300
    Singapore
    grazie mille to you ,
    hope that you really enjoy the bike for a long time.
    take care
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bontie View Post
    Dear Dario,

What a priviledge to have you on the forum. I have been thinking of ordering a frame from you for a long time, and hopefully will soon do so.
    I have been looking at the graphics. I quite like the "Somebody" but the first picture on your webpage has yellow,green and red in the design, which I cannot see in the other pictures( red, white and black only)?
    Are the colours different , depending on the base colour?

Hope to see you in Bristol (or Caldenazzo) soon!

Bontie
    Ciao Bontie,
    Since i use stencils i can change all the colors of a paintscheme , from the base colore to the accents , you can mix some different colors , tha main difficould is to find a good balance and a nice harmony of the colors that you use on a paintscheme.
    hope to see you in Bristol or you are welcome here in Caldonazzo
    take care
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James carissimo,
    It is true that we discussed a few years ago about the possibility of moving to us and we were pretty confident but when cancer arrived ,everything stopped, now we do not talk any more.
    The economic situation here is terrible, has no impact on my work because I even export most of my frames but people is in a serious trouble.
    If I have to be honest I'm a little pessimistic, I believe we need a clear change of mentality, starting by politicians passing through business and finally to the common people. But it is not easy.
    US is always my main market, Southeast Asia is incredible at this moment and the European market is much better than years ago, also in Italy, my market is much better.
    it is true ,I'm lucky to be Andre papā , he's incredible, the next year he will be 18 years old and is almost 2 meters tall, he wants to be a chef and I'm happy about that ( nice dinner for the future), we have a wonderful relationship, we are now in the mid of a big discussion because he wants to buy a scooter but the problem is that he like a honda but ...... I prefer the Vespa, maybe i'm too old , is a long discussion sometimes very funny ....
    un abbraccio
    d
    You can't leave Italy Dario, it's too beautiful and the food is the best - also I cannot ride over to the workshop from Lago di Garda if you bid Italia arrivederci - the US is just too many kilometres!

I agree, Vespa is the way to go................maybe I'm getting old too!

Ciao,
    Paul