Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Ciao Dario,

I've been hopeful and anxious you'd eventually be 'Smoked Out' here - this is GOOD stuff!! Thank you for your participation, for answering all our questions...for allowing us to better get to know you. Like others here, I met you at the 2010 NAHBS in Richmond, and again this year in Austin. I own four of your fine frames - 2 8:30 A.M.'s - 1 cyclocross, 1 road, a Marcelo, and a Love #3 and have a question re: the originally spec'd Stella Azzurra Bellagio carbon 'cross fork of the 8:30 A.M. Unfortunately, the fork's carbon steerer tube cracked. I had to replace it but couldn't find another identical fork and was informed Trialtir wasn't importing them anymore. For that reason, and since you have history with Reynolds, I replaced it with an Ouzo Pro carbon 'cross fork. While I believe the rakes are the same, I'm not sure on the axle to crown lengths, thus seeking your input & feedback. Another question - have you always built exclusively with round tubes and was this decision based on supplier availability or influence, or an evolutionary change in your design due to years of experience, rider feedback, etc.?

Thanks,
    -Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bontie View Post
    Glad to hear it si not only me that struggles with google translate ;-)
    No you are not alone, do not worry, I still use Bing Translator.
    Hello.

Roberto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Dario,
    First of all I would like to introduce myself to the forum: my name is Marco and I am writing from Italy, piedmont, Turin (nearby). Some years ago I decided to begin to ride bicycle and I decided that the frame had to be of steel. My intention was to buy a good steel frame made in Italy, so I looked for some manufacturers or sellers of steel frame. After some investigation I found a big list of builders/sellers (obviously including Pegoretti cicli) but at that time I choose a traditional Italian steel frame, bought by Gios Torino: It is aesthetically beautiful, vertically compliant and also has a quite good performances. With increasing passion for cycling, I tried to improve the bike changing some parts: the wheel, the tires, the saddle, the pedal and actually the bike improved a lot.
    Now I would like to get a race frame (even if I do not do race) in order to have the bike of my dream.
    I understood that yours frames are the result of a research for the best performances, best geometries and best material/dimension of tubes; moreover you advise one of your frames based on the characteristic of the rider and the type of use. This is exactly the kind of product and human experience that I am looking for; these characteristic are very rare today (I mean the passion for the job and the research for the best result and I think all this regardless the time necessary to achieve the results). And another good news is that you have developed a fork specifically for your frame.
    In the future (if Italy and my job do not disappear for the crisis) I would like to meet you to focus the choice of the frame, the graphic and so on so on….
    Thank you for the patience and excuse me for my English, I am trying to improve it.

Take care

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Dario,

So great to see you here on this thread sharing your thoughts and insight! I am fortunate enough to have two of your frames - first a Love #3 in Manovella and subsequently a Responsorium in Goze. I have put thousands of km on them in all sorts of riding conditions (climbing, descending, multi-day supported tours, gravel roads, and even snow once!) and they have performed flawlessly. The first time a riding friend sees one of my bikes, they will always pick it up and then ask why I don't ride a lighter weight carbon frame. All I tell them is that these bikes are so perfectly balanced and confidence-inspiring that the additional weight is simply not an issue.

I hope you can make it out to California next year for the NAHBS. It will be the first time I attend the show and it would be great to meet the man who built my frames!

Grazie mille,

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao a tutti,
    for those of you interested in next year's Pegoraduno in Caldonazzo, I'm gonna tease you with some pics of the places we'll discover in the saturday ride. Don't worry, no MTB required. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
    Ciao a tutti,
    for those of you interested in next year's Pegoraduno in Caldonazzo, I'm gonna tease you with some pics of the places we'll discover in the saturday ride. Don't worry, no MTB required. :-)

Thank you Alberto!

Let me just say that it's very important to join us cuz you'll have the (unique?) chance to use your bikes where they're born! We are waiting for you...in the very next weeks we will be able to tell you exactly the date of the event "everybody's waiting for".....stay tuned!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pegoraduno Update:
    The Organizing Committee (myself :-)) just released the date of 2012 Pegoraduno in Caldonazzo (TN), Italy: May 25-26-27.
    The accomodation that best suits our needs is in Hotel Monte Cimone, a nice and cheap hotel just a walk away from Dario's workshop. The hotel keeper, Tiziano, is also Dario's friend. Here's the homepage: Hotel Monte Cimone Caldonazzo - Valsugana
    How to get to Caldonazzo: by air, the easiest way is to land in Verona, then I will arrange a shuttle to the destination. If you get there by car, you have to take the A22, exit Trento Sud and follow towards Padova, until you get the indications "Lago di Caldonazzo". It's pretty easy.
    On Saturday we will go for a PegoRide on the mountains surrounding Caldonazzo, a relaxed, non-competitive ride where fun is the key. We will stop by a small chalet on the mountains for a fast lunch and, then, head back to Caldonazzo. The length of the ride will be approx. 100 km.
    In the evening we will have a great dinner with Dario, details are top secret, but rest assured that this will be an experience well worth the wait...
    Please, feel free to refer to me for any doubt, request, or additional info.
    Cheers
    -a.-

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jtferraro View Post
    Ciao Dario,

I've been hopeful and anxious you'd eventually be 'Smoked Out' here - this is GOOD stuff!! Thank you for your participation, for answering all our questions...for allowing us to better get to know you. Like others here, I met you at the 2010 NAHBS in Richmond, and again this year in Austin. I own four of your fine frames - 2 8:30 A.M.'s - 1 cyclocross, 1 road, a Marcelo, and a Love #3 and have a question re: the originally spec'd Stella Azzurra Bellagio carbon 'cross fork of the 8:30 A.M. Unfortunately, the fork's carbon steerer tube cracked. I had to replace it but couldn't find another identical fork and was informed Trialtir wasn't importing them anymore. For that reason, and since you have history with Reynolds, I replaced it with an Ouzo Pro carbon 'cross fork. While I believe the rakes are the same, I'm not sure on the axle to crown lengths, thus seeking your input & feedback. Another question - have you always built exclusively with round tubes and was this decision based on supplier availability or influence, or an evolutionary change in your design due to years of experience, rider feedback, etc.?

Thanks,
    Hi Jeff,
    Thanks for being here and sorry if I'm late in replying, but I was out of the workshop.
    About the fork there are small differences between the two forks about the distance from the axis to the fork crown , but are more than acceptable, it should work fine.
    About the round tubes, I used in the past other tubes, this happened around 90's, shaping the tubes was mainly due to the fact that it was necessary to fit inside the shape of 1 inch head tube , then when the standard 1 1/8 became popular I am returning to build frames exclusively with round tubes because the larger head tube allowed the use of larger top and down tube.
    have a nice day
    Dario

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arlok3 View Post
    Ciao Dario,
    First of all I would like to introduce myself to the forum: my name is Marco and I am writing from Italy, piedmont, Turin (nearby). Some years ago I decided to begin to ride bicycle and I decided that the frame had to be of steel. My intention was to buy a good steel frame made in Italy, so I looked for some manufacturers or sellers of steel frame. After some investigation I found a big list of builders/sellers (obviously including Pegoretti cicli) but at that time I choose a traditional Italian steel frame, bought by Gios Torino: It is aesthetically beautiful, vertically compliant and also has a quite good performances. With increasing passion for cycling, I tried to improve the bike changing some parts: the wheel, the tires, the saddle, the pedal and actually the bike improved a lot.
    Now I would like to get a race frame (even if I do not do race) in order to have the bike of my dream.
    I understood that yours frames are the result of a research for the best performances, best geometries and best material/dimension of tubes; moreover you advise one of your frames based on the characteristic of the rider and the type of use. This is exactly the kind of product and human experience that I am looking for; these characteristic are very rare today (I mean the passion for the job and the research for the best result and I think all this regardless the time necessary to achieve the results). And another good news is that you have developed a fork specifically for your frame.
    In the future (if Italy and my job do not disappear for the crisis) I would like to meet you to focus the choice of the frame, the graphic and so on so on….
    Thank you for the patience and excuse me for my English, I am trying to improve it.

Take care
    Ciao Marco,
    Gios is a great choice , it's a piece of cycling history .
    regarding your visit here, you are always welcome and ... hey your English is much better than mine.
    Ciao
    (d)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by majl View Post
    Ciao Dario,

So great to see you here on this thread sharing your thoughts and insight! I am fortunate enough to have two of your frames - first a Love #3 in Manovella and subsequently a Responsorium in Goze. I have put thousands of km on them in all sorts of riding conditions (climbing, descending, multi-day supported tours, gravel roads, and even snow once!) and they have performed flawlessly. The first time a riding friend sees one of my bikes, they will always pick it up and then ask why I don't ride a lighter weight carbon frame. All I tell them is that these bikes are so perfectly balanced and confidence-inspiring that the additional weight is simply not an issue.

I hope you can make it out to California next year for the NAHBS. It will be the first time I attend the show and it would be great to meet the man who built my frames!

Grazie mille,

Mike
    Hi Mike,
    Thanks for your kind words, at this moment I do not know if i will be at nahbs, I hope to be in california, the framebuilder's community is fantastic and it's always a pleasure to stay in US.
    take care
    D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davyt View Post
    Ciao,

It pleases me to hear that you and your family are well. As for the Vespa, I'm sure it's very nice, but Andrea should really have a proper bike, don't you think?

Auguri!
    --
    Davy

P.S. Will you let us know if you decide to come to Sacramento in March? Grazie!

P.P.S. If you do ever leave Italy, you should move to Santa Cruz. You know you want to...
    Ciao Davy,
    i don't know if i will be in Sacramento the next year , but i hope to be in California for some days , and Santa Cruz is fantastic , nice idea , a workshop close to the beach would be fantastic!!!
    take care
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkboyrob View Post
    Dario,

Consistent basis = regularmente.

Your frames are beautiful and your work and creativity are inspiring!

Ciao,
    Robert
    Ciao Roberto,
    grazie mille, for the translation help and for your kind words.
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    Yes we shall. Two of my favourites as well, Negra is a fantastic beer. Mexico did well bringing the Germans in to set up the breweries, and all Mexican beer is brewed to German purity laws.
    Most people do not even know the scope of mexican food, it is like Thailand or Malaysia, crossroads of the word linking continents and taking the best for thiers - most don't know about corn fungus, squash flowers, green corn tamale..........
    But, I am thinking more basic, like wild trout tacos with three salsas, fresh beans, parbroiled rice, slaw with lime.........maybe a chili relleno on the side, eh? Maybe two?
    - Steve.
    Steve,
    two is better , much much better , your fishing pictures on FB are fantastic ,I really have to come to see you one day......
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a small ciavete for a lambretta helmets
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    Steve,
    your fishing pictures on FB are fantastic I really have to come to see you one day......
    d
    Insert You - Garro.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    Frames & Bicycles built to measure and Custom wheels
    Hecho en Flagstaff, Arizona desde 2003
    www.coconinocycles.com
    www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dario,

Is there a particular reason why the Duende ordinarily has a head tube decal and not a metal head tube badge as on your other frames?

Grazie,
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dario
    Who makes your new carbon fork?
    Thanks
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkboyrob View Post
    Dario,

Is there a particular reason why the Duende ordinarily has a head tube decal and not a metal head tube badge as on your other frames?

Grazie,
    Robert
    ciao Roberto
    There is not a particular reason because we don't put the badge on the duende , it is true that painting the stencil is a little less expensive and this is the only real reason , however from this year all the frames will have the badge.
    for the record 10% of customers prefer the decal .
    have a nice day
    D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by over-the-hill View Post
    Hi Dario
    Who makes your new carbon fork?
    Thanks
    Paul
    hi Paul,
    We have design the 3d model here at the shop and developed the molds and test for the fork with a company in China. Pegoretti owns the molds so we can use whichever manufacturer offers the best quality. The company we have been working with prefers we not give their name, but they have made forks for many top companies.
    have a nice day
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dario,

Which of your paint schemes are your favorites? I ride a Love #3 Manovella and it is beautiful.

Thanks,

William