Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Boy View Post
    You can't leave Italy Dario, it's too beautiful and the food is the best - also I cannot ride over to the workshop from Lago di Garda if you bid Italia arrivederci - the US is just too many kilometres!

I agree, Vespa is the way to go................maybe I'm getting old too!

Ciao,
    Paul
    I am still young and there can be no question - it has to be a Vespa. It also helps the local economy, and every little helps...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by climb01742 View Post
    ciao dario,

a few years ago you talked about maybe wanting to move to america. do you still think about it?

italy is going through a lot of economic and political change (as are we all.) how is the economy impacting you? are you hopeful for italy's future?

do you happen to know where most of your frames go? is america your biggest market? are your frames popular in europe?

last, but very important, how is your son doing? it was so much fun meeting him that night at dinner in the castle. he is such a smart, funny kid. you're very lucky to be his papa.

take care,
    james
    Hi James,
    I confirm that the political and economic situation of Italy at this time is not good, but this speech, with the necessary differences of case can be made also for many other Nations.
    Dario Pegoretti man, even before Dario Pegoretti framebuilder, is a valuable presence for all the people who know him and who want good, let Dario in Italy.
    I'm not a famous person and note, I'm glad though that a man like Dario, famous and known throughout the world, harbours a strong and positive image of Italy abroad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    Ciao Steve,
    it is a long time that i am thinking about something like a city bike , a bike to use all the day , for pleasure or to move from home to the office but i need some quiete time to design some crucial part like fenders and rack and the protection of the chainring etc. etc , i think that is not a very easy project but is something like a challenge .
    grazie mille
    d
    All we need is a 29" mtb with xcr (stainless steel tubes)...i wanna be the first to ride it in the Dolomites....c'mon Dario!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James carissimo,
    It is true that we discussed a few years ago about the possibility of moving to us and we were pretty confident but when cancer arrived ,everything stopped, now we do not talk any more.
    The economic situation here is terrible, has no impact on my work because I even export most of my frames but people is in a serious trouble.
    If I have to be honest I'm a little pessimistic, I believe we need a clear change of mentality, starting by politicians passing through business and finally to the common people. But it is not easy.
    US is always my main market, Southeast Asia is incredible at this moment and the European market is much better than years ago, also in Italy, my market is much better.
    it is true ,I'm lucky to be Andre papā , he's incredible, the next year he will be 18 years old and is almost 2 meters tall, he wants to be a chef and I'm happy about that ( nice dinner for the future), we have a wonderful relationship, we are now in the mid of a big discussion because he wants to buy a scooter but the problem is that he like a honda but ...... I prefer the Vespa, maybe i'm too old , is a long discussion sometimes very funny ....
    un abbraccio
    d
    Dear Dario,

I am glad you stayed in Italy. A Pegoretti made in USA just doesn't sound right and will lose some of its appeal. It's like a Vespa made in Japan, would it not lose some of its character? But that's my selfish reason. I will probably still buy another Pegoretti even if it's made in USA but it's just a bit strange...

Dario, you made such wonderful bikes to ride and just to look at! Riding my Pegoretti just makes me feel so happy and free. It's one brand that I have no hesitation recommending to bike lovers. Our group started with 2, now we have 7 within a year, and 7 more pending delivery in 2012 :) If you come to Singapore, we will be thrilled to meet you in person.

cheers!
    king young
    Singapore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good to see you on here dario, i was lucky to vist you last november with my mate micheal from stuttgart when he picked up his frame, we had no address, you were´nt expecting us and we only found your gaff thanks to the birds on the windows and that took awhile to spot thanks to the roadworks. your son needs to get a vespa but an old one or even better a lambretta. regards daniel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Franco,
    I must confess that I am not a big fan of soundtracks,
    I really like the music and the movie together , but listening just soundtracks alone is not the same.
    I forgot to put in the film section "C'era una volta in America" by Sergio Leone, I think it's a masterpiece, as is a masterpiece Morricone's music, and if I had to add a great composer of soundtracks, I'd say Nino Rota.
    I do not know if it is easy to find in usa "La Battaglia di Algeri" (The Battle of Algiers, 1966) , but is still a contemporary movie that does reflect.
    d
    Once Upon a Time in the West is possibly my favourite film. I must have watched it at least six times. The titles at the beginning, which take about 20 minutes are sublime. The soundtrack is perfect. It was the turning point for Leone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Dario, Steve here - no questions for you I am happy to sit back and learn - thank you so very much for taking the time for everyone!
    I know I toil in the shadows of giants and your shadow is very large. Also, thank you for you work with steel. Gracie.
    Some day come out to see Sedona, the Grand Canyon & my mountains & rivers and the fishing and mexican food are on me.
    Or, we could meet in Baja.
    Your call.
    that's it. Thanks for everything.
    - Steve.
    Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    Frames & Bicycles built to measure and Custom wheels
    Hecho en Flagstaff, Arizona desde 2003
    www.coconinocycles.com
    www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by over-the-hill View Post
    Once Upon a Time in the West is possibly my favourite film. I must have watched it at least six times. The titles at the beginning, which take about 20 minutes are sublime. The soundtrack is perfect. It was the turning point for Leone.
    OTH
    I completely agree. What a great strory told by Leone. Using John Ford's favorite landscape, Monument Valley, the incredible casting of Fonda, Bronson, Cardinale and Robards, and the unforgettable music of Morricone. Morricone's use of theme songs for each character was pure genius. Harmonica's haunting wail, Robards' kind of jaunty verses, Fonda's menace, and Cardinale's beautiful soaring type arias. My favorite scene is where she comes into the town on the train, and the camera pans over the station, showing the teeming city beneath and beyond the station, as the music builds. A metaphor for the westward push and America's destiny. Can't see it enough..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a perfect 8:42 of filmmaking:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by savine View Post
    good to see you on here dario, i was lucky to vist you last november with my mate micheal from stuttgart when he picked up his frame, we had no address, you were´nt expecting us and we only found your gaff thanks to the birds on the windows and that took awhile to spot thanks to the roadworks. your son needs to get a vespa but an old one or even better a lambretta. regards daniel
    Ciao Daniel,
    nice to meet here , i completly agree with you , i will continue the discussion.....
    have a nice day
    d
    ciao Dazza !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Round; 11-29-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

morning dario, boy that is one beautiful looking scooter, the colour everything about it just warms my heart and brings the mod in me out............a nice pair o loafers, blue suit (italian cut) ray bans and no helmet pure dolce vita. my workmate showed me a vespa made completly out of wood, i´ll have to dig on the net and post it up here.
    you said that daniel has moved to hungray to start building, where abouts is he........do you have contact info, only asking as i´m every year there and would be safe to see what he´s doing. cheers

daniel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope this has worked...............................now ain´t that runnin!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dario,

My Mxxxxxo came with an Enve 45 mm rake fork.
    Bikyle sells your steel forks.
    Do you expect the frame to handle better with the steel?
    What differences in ride characteristics should be expected by switching?
    Why have you replaced many of your steel forks for carbon?

Teo loves your painting and it is hung in my bedroom next to the bike.
    Colors match too.

Henrique
    un abrazo,
    Henrique Tono

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys,
    as my friend sdg71 said, somewhere in between the months of May and June 2012 Caldonazzo will host the second Pegoraduno, a friendly meeting where all Pegomaniacs are welcome. It doesn't matter if you have or not a Pego, the purpose of the event is to share some good time with nice people who love Dario's work... and italian red wine, of course.
    As many of you may know, Caldonazzo is surrounded by dozens of fantastic mountains, with steep climbs through woods, peaks, rivers... you can bet we'll gonna have a GREAT ride!
    If anyone is interested, I can give you all the details, including accomodation, etc..
    C'mon, join us! ;-)
    Cheers from sunny (and freezing) Italy!
    -A.-

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by savine View Post
    morning dario, boy that is one beautiful looking scooter, the colour everything about it just warms my heart and brings the mod in me out............a nice pair o loafers, blue suit (italian cut) ray bans and no helmet pure dolce vita. my workmate showed me a vespa made completly out of wood, i´ll have to dig on the net and post it up here.
    you said that daniel has moved to hungray to start building, where abouts is he........do you have contact info, only asking as i´m every year there and would be safe to see what he´s doing. cheers

daniel
    Ciao Daniel , i paint two helmets that match the lambretta colors with a small ciavete on the back , if i find a picture i will post here , here the Daniel facebook page , shot him a message i think that he will be happy.
    Daniel Merenyi | Facebook
    take care
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dario,

I told my Marcelo riding friend Andrew that you were answering questions here. He wants to know how he can become your apprentice.

Also, besides the ciavete, which I love, which are your favorite paint schemes?

Thanks again,

William

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dario,

Thank you for being here. I now want to add a few of your bikes to keep my Marcelo company!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dario,

Today I found out (*google translate) that Ciavete means screwdriver, how dod you get to that name?

Bontie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the translator of google is not perfect!
    Ciavete is not an Italian word, but local dialect. I leave the honor to Dario to translate the true meaning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loscaligero View Post
    the translator of google is not perfect!
    Ciavete is not an Italian word, but local dialect. I leave the honor to Dario to translate the true meaning.
    Please , go ahead ! will be a pleasure to read your translation , I am sure that will be perfect , don't forget that you live in Verona .
    D