User Tag List

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    <snip> I have watched many frames , hungry to understand how he did this or that, I remember, for example, a track frame build by nagasawa showed in Milan fair after he was back in Japan, it was incredible,<cut>
    it's some kind of parallel universe atmo.
    i fell under the nagasawa spell in the late 1970s -
    arrange disorder: Search results for heluvit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Lionel,
    yes the DID is available .
    ciao
    d
    to be precise....it's available just for the "young at heart"......i'm joking forgive me!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Lorenzo ,
    yes is possible to chance the base color , will be nevessary to chance the other 3 colors of the paintscheme to have a nice balace , please note that there is not the pegoretti logo on the frame but a Bampi logo that was the lastname of my mamma .
    it is an hommage to her .
    I forgot to give a name to the paintscheme , any idea?
    d

Mamma Mia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dario thank you so much for doing this! any stories you can share with us about making frames for the pros? you needn't name names- but what did you learn from this?
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dario does not tell but what have you learned from that great professional Roberto (am), a professional Yes .... but to eat at will ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    Dario thank you so much for doing this! any stories you can share with us about making frames for the pros? you needn't name names- but what did you learn from this?
    This is the mother of all questions!!! And now Dario it's your turn to reply to us!!! Well done Jerk!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it possible buy a new marcelo without the fork?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    Hi Gaulzetti-issimo ,
    How is the life in Boston? I have to find time for a visit you, and staying a long time for a dome drinks, meet James and Maurya, go fishing in the Riccardo lake and ........maybe I'm dreaming too?
    Back on topic, the first time I had to do with a pro team was in 1978/9 i don't remember well, was the team scic-bottecchia with Saronni, Baronchelli, Paolini and others, from that moment during the years I worked , before with my father-in-law and after alone , for many teams, I must say ,in honesty , that many times it was not a very interesting work.
    We had a piece of paper with written the basic measures of the frame and it was just to build a frame with the respect of the geometry that was required, we , as contractors, hadn't a direct relationship with the rider and we don't know the measures of its body .
    For me , that at that moment I was very interested in the relationship between measures of the body-measures of frame , have no fundamental data like the body measures made the thing a little frustrating.
    There was an interesting aspect in materials , as we had always available new materials and new solutions to try.
    The things have changed a bit in the late 80, at that moment I began to have the opportunity to meet the riders, to relate the body measurements with measurements of the chassis, listen the requests, discuss piossibilities and try and check if the solutions were positive .
    I must say that in the early 90 I was lucky to meet excell as I had many variants, variants for tybes diameter or shape or thicknesses, in those years I believe that 90% of the frames I built for the pro in this years used excell tubes .
    For the truth, I must also say that over the years I noticed that not all pro, contrary to what is believed, have the sensitivity required to be able to give good feedback to the builders , I also know pro who had any interest in the bike they were using.
    ciao
    d

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the truth, I must also say that over the years I noticed that not all pro, contrary to what is believed, have the sensitivity required to be able to give good feedback to the builders , I also know pro who had any interest in the bike they were using.
    this is very interesting atmo. is it safe to assume from the above that, by and large, the racers are athletes but not always the best lab rats for design choices? i realize that, athlete or not, the bicycle should fit. but regarding other parameters such as frame drop, or chain stay length, or alignment, or material, or pipe size (these are all examples...), maybe the bicycle maker should listen to a different voice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pasquino View Post
    Good point Mr Pasquino!

Le freak c'est chic!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi ,
    there is a reason because you don't need the fork?
    As you know , there is a narrow relation between the frame geometry and the fork .
    I think it is not correct to change the fork without knowing the geometry of the fork which was designed the frame.
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Gaulzetti-issimo ,
    How is the life in Boston? I have to find time for a visit you, and staying a long time for a dome drinks, meet James and Maurya, go fishing in the Riccardo lake and ........maybe I'm dreaming too?
    Back on topic, the first time I had to do with a pro team was in 1978/9 i don't remember well, was the team scic-bottecchia with Saronni, Baronchelli, Paolini and others, from that moment during the years I worked , before with my father-in-law and after alone , for many teams, I must say ,in honesty , that many times it was not a very interesting work.
    We had a piece of paper with written the basic measures of the frame and it was just to build a frame with the respect of the geometry that was required, we , as contractors, hadn't a direct relationship with the rider and we don't know the measures of its body .
    For me , that at that moment I was very interested in the relationship between measures of the body-measures of frame , have no fundamental data like the body measures made the thing a little frustrating.
    There was an interesting aspect in materials , as we had always available new materials and new solutions to try.
    The things have changed a bit in the late 80, at that moment I began to have the opportunity to meet the riders, to relate the body measurements with measurements of the chassis, listen the requests, discuss piossibilities and try and check if the solutions were positive .
    I must say that in the early 90 I was lucky to meet excell as I had many variants, variants for tybes diameter or shape or thicknesses, in those years I believe that 90% of the frames I built for the pro in this years used excell tubes .
    ciao
    d
    ciao dario,
    i have many memories of visiting your shop. two of them relate to building frames for pro riders. one was looking through the box (which sat simply on the floor and was collecting a lot of dust) of old build sheets for pro frames and the names of the riders on the build sheets, so many famous names. and i remember a story you told of how many frames you made in just one year for a famous italian racer. he kept asking for new frames, with many changes just mm different. if my memory is correct, i think you said you made something like 21 frames (or was it 12?) just for him in one year. did i get the number right? i just remember it was a crazy number and that he seemed to be looking for something that wasn't there.
    take care, james
    Last edited by climb01742; 11-25-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Dario,

Did you ever consider building with titanium?

I guess during the early 90's - when you were building for the pro's - we first started to see titanium bikes become popular in the peloton.
    Other builders in Italy, such as Doriano De Rosa, started producing titanium frames around this time - and continue to do so. Did you have any interest in using it?

Ciao,
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    this is very interesting atmo. is it safe to assume from the above that, by and large, the racers are athletes but not always the best lab rats for design choices? i realize that, athlete or not, the bicycle should fit. but regarding other parameters such as frame drop, or chain stay length, or alignment, or material, or pipe size (these are all examples...), maybe the bicycle maker should listen to a different voice?
    Ciao Riccardo,
    I believe that we must listen to all, the hard part for us is to recognize the sensibility of who we're talking about, recognize if what gives to us in terms of feedback is good or bad or find the good part and loose the bad part , and sometimes is not easy.
    an anecdote, I remember a pro that i knew very well because we race in the same time as amateurs .
    I don't remember exactly the year but I was a mechanic at the gis gelati, during a Giro d'italia, in the morning at the exit from the hotel he recognized his bike only by the lastname on the top tube and the race number under the top tube and he was a good and strong rider but he confess that he haven't interest instrument of his job .
    d
    Last edited by Round; 11-25-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pegoretti Unicycle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dario
    Are you coming to Bristol, UK next year? I would like to try and get there and meet you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by over-the-hill View Post
    Pegoretti Unicycle?

It's funny that some questions comes only from Italy....sometimes i think that in Italy we don't deserve people like Dario. btw Dario will come to Bristol (not me unfortunately).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg71 View Post
    It's funny that some questions comes only from Italy....sometimes i think that in Italy we don't deserve people like Dario. btw Dario will come to Bristol (not me unfortunately).

It's true Nicola.
    But you know the saying "nobody is a prophet in his homeland" in the case of Dario does not apply.
    In Italy, as in the rest of the world, Dario has many admirers, friends and clients happy, very happy indeed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, yes, the luigino that fits is a forever bike:)

my mom wanted to take one of me today:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi ,
    there is a reason because you don't need the fork?
    As you know , there is a narrow relation between the frame geometry and the fork .
    I think it is not correct to change the fork without knowing the geometry of the fork which was designed the frame.
    d
    yes,of course.
    my aim is to drive with a normal lenght head tube and using a straight fork( enve,e.g),obviously with the correct rake.
    is it possible?
    it's a sort of after marketing....