Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
    Dario, who are some of the better fit experts in the United States (that obviously sell your frames/forks)?
    I know of one in Bryn Mawr, PA that is very adamant that he is the finest fitter in all the land, but I know of a few people who were fit there that do not agree with his end result.
    But, the rider may know very little about what is proper positioning vs. what feels good to them.
    Craig Gaulzetti at International Bike in Boston.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
    Dario, who are some of the better fit experts in the United States (that obviously sell your frames/forks)?
    I know of one in Bryn Mawr, PA that is very adamant that he is the finest fitter in all the land, but I know of a few people who were fit there that do not agree with his end result.
    But, the rider may know very little about what is proper positioning vs. what feels good to them.
    I've spoken with the fitter you are referring to. Stated he would take all sorts of measurements and dial in my fit "to the millimeter". I smiled politely, as I'd spoken to Dario about sizing a few weeks earlier at NAHBS, and he only cared about 2-3 dimensions - inseam, arm length, and maybe overall height? I don't think you can fit something, or really have any business selling it, if you don't understand/respect the priorities of the guy making the frames. Or maybe all that precision BS is what customers want/need to hear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    I've spoken with the fitter you are referring to. Stated he would take all sorts of measurements and dial in my fit "to the millimeter". I smiled politely, as I'd spoken to Dario about sizing a few weeks earlier at NAHBS, and he only cared about 2-3 dimensions - inseam, arm length, and maybe overall height? I don't think you can fit something, or really have any business selling it, if you don't understand/respect the priorities of the guy making the frames. Or maybe all that precision BS is what customers want/need to hear.
    I ordered a Pegoretti from Craig at International. He used the standard form that Dario uses for measurements. So sizing the frame and getting you fit on the bike are two different things. Are you sure Craig wasn't talking about the fitting, which would actually come down to millimeters?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgess1108 View Post
    I ordered a Pegoretti from Craig at International. He used the standard form that Dario uses for measurements. So sizing the frame and getting you fit on the bike are two different things. Are you sure Craig wasn't talking about the fitting, which would actually come down to millimeters?
    I'm not talking about Craig.

I'm talking about the contrast between a pompous, type-A, sales-BS laden approach versus Dario's "lets drink some wine, eat some cheese, and have a quick look at you" approach.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr. Gaulzetti will not dazzle you with "expert fitting" bullshit.

While, admittedly, he'd seen me face-to-face plenty before I bought my Love #3, he "fit" me for it over the web: "David, I have a NOS Team Nerac that's your size..." After riding it for five years it's still my favorite bike.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kyle knows what he's doing. Dario himself will tell you the same. I'm 6'6", 185. He's measured me for a Basso in '84, a Merlin in '99, and a Pegoretti in 2010. i feel great on all three.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    I'm not talking about Craig.

I'm talking about the contrast between a pompous, type-A, sales-BS laden approach versus Dario's "lets drink some wine, eat some cheese, and have a quick look at you" approach.
    can't be me because i combine the best of both worlds. i take a quick look at you, drink some wine, eat some cheese and pompously bullshit you.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi to all here

im from chile so my inglish it's no good.
    let me tell yo that i found an register to this site just for looking some pictures of pegoretti bikes. i must know of pegoretti about just a year and in this year this bikes find they way in to stick in my brain.. im sure that the placebo effect of their paint sheme (specially the ciavete) can make me much faster than a ligther, aero, stiffer frame...

i only have read this topic to page 15 for now, so sorry if this have been asked before.
    what are the bigest tire that fit on pegoretti frames? and what size is the optimal? have you considered make a frame around 700x30 or 32 for rough road?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by erick View Post
    hi to all here

im from chile so my inglish it's no good.
    let me tell yo that i found an register to this site just for looking some pictures of pegoretti bikes. i must know of pegoretti about just a year and in this year this bikes find they way in to stick in my brain.. im sure that the placebo effect of their paint sheme (specially the ciavete) can make me much faster than a ligther, aero, stiffer frame...

i only have read this topic to page 15 for now, so sorry if this have been asked before.
    what are the bigest tire that fit on pegoretti frames? and what size is the optimal? have you considered make a frame around 700x30 or 32 for rough road?
    I too am looking for a more comfortable fat tire ride from a Responsorium frame, so would very much value Dario's input on what he designed his frames to be able to take.

However, in answer to the OP, here's my experience. I can fit up to 28C Conti GP 4 Seasons front and back on my Responsorium. However, the 28C contis (true 26mm across) have very little tolerance upfront on the Falz carbon fork. So I would say that the bike is comfortable with 25C tires generally.

I recently changed to the Peg Steel fork upfront and this truly opens up the spacing here with lots of space for the 28C Contis. Now the limiting factor is at the chainstays in the rear. I don't think that the bike will be able to take 32C tires, although I have not tried them. 30C may be possible. The brake calipers and chainstays become the limiting factors then.

Would be curious to hear from the rest and certainly from Dario regarding your respective experiences.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be comfortable using anything larger than a 25C.

I used 25mm Veloflex Arenberg tubulars on my Responsorium last season and there wasn't a huge amount of clearance.

The frames are intended for 23mm tires/tubs (they are race frames fater all) and this is what I will use this season

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am waiting for my duence CX, cyclocross, the geometry is based on my 58cm Marcelo. Once I have it I will try different wheel/tire combinations, also 28mm for gravel rides, and let you know. I have ordered the duende CX not for racing cyclocross, but for having the opportunity to ride the gravel roads and trails on my commute.

Dario said, he will try to imitate the characteristics of my Marcelo and adapt it to a gravel monster!
    somewhere between apricot trees and vineyards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also would confirm that on both of my Pegs clearance for 25mm is a challenge. On the peg steel fork, a 25mm tire on the HED rim would touch under power. My Trigon fork has a bit more room but not much. 23mm tires are the max IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel it's appropriate to say 'Happy Birthday Dario'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, happy birthday Dario, buon compleanno Dario.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag Dario!
    somewhere between apricot trees and vineyards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I too am looking for a more comfortable fat tire ride from a Responsorium frame, so would very much value Dario's input on what he designed his frames to be able to take.

However, in answer to the OP, here's my experience. I can fit up to 28C Conti GP 4 Seasons front and back on my Responsorium. However, the 28C contis (true 26mm across) have very little tolerance upfront on the Falz carbon fork. So I would say that the bike is comfortable with 25C tires generally.

I recently changed to the Peg Steel fork upfront and this truly opens up the spacing here with lots of space for the 28C Contis. Now the limiting factor is at the chainstays in the rear. I don't think that the bike will be able to take 32C tires, although I have not tried them. 30C may be possible. The brake calipers and chainstays become the limiting factors then.

Would be curious to hear from the rest and certainly from Dario regarding your respective experiences.
    I use pavé 27 Tubulars on my Luigino. Not a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, yesterday I was in the new TIGcave in Marter, here are some photos about my visit!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Albert Einstein

ASD V.I.MO Squadra corse del Buonsenso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)