User Tag List

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Quote Originally Posted by wankie View Post
    ciao Dario,

While the conversation is on the topic of the frame markings, i would like to ask about the frame notes on the chainstays. I am fortunate enough to own 2 of your frames and i noticed the writings on the chainstays as below :

I assume the year (2011, 2012) indicates the year the frame was built, what does the other word/term refer to?

thanks...
    Ciao,
    According with the gregorian calendar we use to write on the chainstay the saint of the day that the frame is ready for the clearcoat :
    The first one is San Simplicio
    Pope Simplicius - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The second is San Emilio , 28 of may
    Calendario dei santi - Wikipedia
    D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    Ciao,
    According with the gregorian calendar we use to write on the chainstay the saint of the day that the frame is ready for the clearcoat :
    D
    very cool tidbit, thanks very much...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao,
    D
    I was a little disappointed when I learned this. I thought Dario was trying to send me some coded message about Dionysus. It turns out it was just my frame's birthday...
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao ,
    all the frames that were delivered last year have this sticker, it was made from Columbus to brand their product, I asked for something unconventional and personal , Antonio Colombo, which is a great art lover and owns a gallery in Milan has used her portrait painted by an artist of his gallery to design the sticker, the artist has combines the passion of Antonio Colombo for the cycling and the art , and used a famous art installation of Marcel Duchamp as a source of inspiration.
    d
    Surrealism - Smarthistory
    Antonio Colombo arte contemporanea the site is hacked at this moment
    Thank you Master Dario!

Is Zoo De is the sub-contractor to paint some of your frames? I dont see any "Handmade In Italia" on my Love#3

However I have it on my Responsorium "Catch The Spider"

How is that so?

Thanks again Master Dario

Regards
    sbw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry double post
    somewhere between apricot trees and vineyards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Dario,

could you finish my cx duende then November 11th? San Martino di Tours, that would mean a lot to me, if this would be too early (take your time, you know - piano) the 13th of June would be perfect Sant'Antonio da Padova my dad's and my oldest son's "titolare" - I can wait - I am happy riding my Marcelo.

Best,

Martin aka advineas
    Ciao,
    D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Dario,

Trying to get in touch with you regarding a possible visit to Caldonazzo around 31 Aug to 4 Sep.

-Khiem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by advineas View Post
    Ciao Dario,

could you finish my cx duende then November 11th? San Martino di Tours, that would mean a lot to me, if this would be too early (take your time, you know - piano) the 13th of June would be perfect Sant'Antonio da Padova my dad's and my oldest son's "titolare" - I can wait - I am happy riding my Marcelo.

Best,

Martin aka advineas
    Cx Duende?...cannot wait to see it dear Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg71 View Post
    Cx Duende?...cannot wait to see it dear Martin
    I hope I can pick it up the last week of November, I will take Liesi my wife with me, maybe she wants a luigino, would be some quite nice shopping trip - not to New York but to Caldonazzo ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope I can pick it up the last week of November, I will take Liesi my wife with me, maybe she wants a luigino, would be some quite nice shopping trip - not to New York but to Caldonazzo ;)
    Lugino? Wife? Absolutely not....wife's had to give to their husbands a Luigino as a birthday present :)
    And remember, the hurried cat gives birth to blind kittens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SDG 71 says Stay tuned for 2013 Pegoraduno

Say What??

Zio Franco
    Il vero lusso č il tempo da dedicare alle proprie passioni.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fc356 View Post
    SDG 71 says Stay tuned for 2013 Pegoraduno

Say What??

Zio Franco
    Ehi Zio! Be patient....here in Italy, as you've experienced, when it's time to have fun, we are second to none!

ps This year central Italy.....don't smoke me out!!!
    And remember, the hurried cat gives birth to blind kittens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg71 View Post
    Lugino? Wife? Absolutely not....wife's had to give to their husbands a Luigino as a birthday present :)
    gender mainstreaming, Emancipation, have you heard about that already, you macho

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear all,

It is for me a pleasure to read a thread with so many insightful contributions.
    I find it hard to believe that nobody has asked a single question on frame geometry.
    Dario, Richard and Dazza are among the illustrious framebuilders that read this thread and
    I find a privilege to be able to type some questions here, hoping that they might answer.

Please, find Eddy Merckx's custom Colnago frame built in 1970 for the Tour of France:
    http://spinwell.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=450&h=325

and a very similar Century geometry in the following table:
    South Africa Merckx list +updates photo from the Road bike photo Gallery

To make things easy on readers, I just quote measurements for a sized 60 frame:
    Seat tube 60cm, top tube 58.3cm, setback 18.5cm, seat angle 72degrees, fork rake 4.3cm and bottom bracket drop 7.5cm.

1. I would like to know which is your opinion about the kind of ride a racing steel frame with those measurements would provide,
    bearing in mind that those frames were designed to race long stages on 70's quality roads.

2. 42 years have passed since inception of that frame. Steel tubing has improved and presumably the understanding
    of the trade-offs involved in altering those parameters and effects on bike handling, riding and weight distribution of
    someone measuring 1.85cm and weighting 95kg.

3. Given today's technology and knowledge, what would you change of those parameters if the goal is to achieve a bike which is a pleasure to ride,
    with the necessary compliance yet efficiency, at 30km/h average and spend 4 hours on the saddle?

With respect, admiration and eagerly awaiting your opinions,
    SteelRules.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ED.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelRules View Post
    Dear all,

It is for me a pleasure to read a thread with so many insightful contributions.
    I find it hard to believe that nobody has asked a single question on frame geometry.
    Dario, Richard and Dazza are among the illustrious framebuilders that read this thread and
    I find a privilege to be able to type some questions here, hoping that they might answer.

Please, find Eddy Merckx's custom Colnago frame built in 1970 for the Tour of France:
    http://spinwell.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=450&h=325

and a very similar Century geometry in the following table:
    South Africa Merckx list +updates photo from the Road bike photo Gallery

To make things easy on readers, I just quote measurements for a sized 60 frame:
    Seat tube 60cm, top tube 58.3cm, setback 18.5cm, seat angle 72degrees, fork rake 4.3cm and bottom bracket drop 7.5cm.

1. I would like to know which is your opinion about the kind of ride a racing steel frame with those measurements would provide,
    bearing in mind that those frames were designed to race long stages on 70's quality roads.

2. 42 years have passed since inception of that frame. Steel tubing has improved and presumably the understanding
    of the trade-offs involved in altering those parameters and effects on bike handling, riding and weight distribution of
    someone measuring 1.85cm and weighting 95kg.

3. Given today's technology and knowledge, what would you change of those parameters if the goal is to achieve a bike which is a pleasure to ride,
    with the necessary compliance yet efficiency, at 30km/h average and spend 4 hours on the saddle?

With respect, admiration and eagerly awaiting your opinions,
    SteelRules.
    Ciao ,
    at the beginning just to two considerations , the Colnago frame is a 58 c-c seat tube but i don't know if the second table is expressed center to center or center to top , anyway here you can find the development of the colnago geometry , there are some small differences between the two geometries , the drop ,the lenght of the top , probably the fork rake and the angles but my opinion is that the second table reflect the spirit of the "old school" framebuilding in terms of geometry choices.
    As you can see there is not head angle written , was normal to consider just the distance between bb center and front axle , the development of the geometry confirm that
    These are just my opinions :
    1)the Colnago geometry is a perfect example of the point of view in the 70's about the frames geometry and is still perfectly modern .
    It is true that the quality of the road surface is much better today than the past but you must consider that the vertical stiffness of the today's frames and wheelset is higher (in many cases this hasen't a great sense).
    2)Nothing changes , geometry is geometry , is 2000 years old and i haven't heard about humans mutations in the last 50 years . We don't invent the bicycle , we can only adjust what was made in the past .
    3) I didn't changed anything respect to what i learned from my father in law in the 70's, i just tried to understand if what they used to do was right , why it was correct and why they did it .
    In the end what i use to do now is a reflection of my past , i just apply very small changes , I did this according to the change of materials and forms .
    If i can suggest don't focus your main interest in the geometry , geometry is only a part of the result .
    thanks
    dp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grazie mille, Dario.

I really appreciate that you have found the time and decided to answer my question.
    It is common for lesser mortals, to fantasise on geometry, fit, bikes, components.
    I admire classic road geometry, cyclists and races from the 70's.
    Many thanks,
    SteelRules.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Dario,

How do you deal with customers who are so enthralled with your bicycles that they assign meaning to the day you build them, and so demanding that they would ask you to juggle your schedule to fulfill their fantasies?

Ciao Dario,

Best,

Martin aka advineas
    Yours,
    David
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi David,
    you should really join us at next year's Pegoraduno! You could find an answer to your question by knowing every one of us (a wild bunch of fools). :-D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David,

I think you got me wrong, I do not care when my frame arrives, November2012 or June 2013, Dario does not change his schedule (he would not anyway), it does not matter, but it would be nice if the date would be at my name day or the one of my dad or oldest son, written on the bike. I am passionate about bikes, as the majority of the people here I guess, that is it. I ride a lot, my wife does, my boys do, my friends do, we ride everything from track to BMX, from Downhill to road from cross to whatever, but Dario's bikes are special.

I am not stalking, I am not a freak, my bikes are my bikes, I do not have any weird relationship to steel tubes ;)

Is this what you are aiming at?

Best,

advineas

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Dear Dario,

How do you deal with customers who are so enthralled with your bicycles that they assign meaning to the day you build them, and so demanding that they would ask you to juggle your schedule to fulfill their fantasies?

Yours,
    David