User Tag List

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

This is one of my favorite threads. Someday soon I'll visit Italy and settle some debts over strong coffee and maybe a few hills :)
    There will be a Peg. in my future and if the master is in the mood I'll ask him to do his worst, chef's choice.
    My wife has trained on and raced a bright red CCKMP for some time and recently asked me to sell it. I'll admit it is hard to part
    with something that was made for her by Dario when that tubeset had already become obsolete.

Someone post some pictures of some large BLEs please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hum. I also really want one, but it is really hard to justify or something would have to go between the Sachs (no way!), the Zank or the Strong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    This is one of my favorite threads. Someday soon I'll visit Italy and settle some debts over strong coffee and maybe a few hills :)
    There will be a Peg. in my future and if the master is in the mood I'll ask him to do his worst, chef's choice.
    My wife has trained on and raced a bright red CCKMP for some time and recently asked me to sell it. I'll admit it is hard to part
    with something that was made for her by Dario when that tubeset had already become obsolete.

Too tall

Have you sold it already? My wife needs a road bike, or at least I think she needs one. Would you have any details on the size of the frame.

Thank you

Martin
    somewhere between apricot trees and vineyards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by advineas View Post
    Too tall

Have you sold it already? My wife needs a road bike, or at least I think she needs one. Would you have any details on the size of the frame.

Thank you

Martin
    I'll send you a PM. It is a 53.5 top tube. All the right stuff, very normal race bike in other respects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    it's true.
    Excellent.

By the way, the jerk sweet-talked me into going with this paint scheme - hand-painted panels on a Responsorium. He was correct as usual:

P1010336.JPG

respo+03.09.12+%u0025232.JPG
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Excellent.

By the way, the jerk sweet-talked me into going with this paint scheme - hand-painted panels on a Responsorium. He was correct as usual:
    Beautiful rig. I'll be going full blown ciavete. In for a penny, in for a pound.
    Last edited by burgess1108; 07-24-2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Understated compliment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgess1108 View Post
    Beautiful rig. I'll be going full blown ciavete. In for a penny, in for a pound.
    Ciavete was more than I could embrace - I go more for exquisite than flamboyant.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Form sent. Now just to sit here and wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Ciavete was more than I could embrace - I go more for exquisite than flamboyant.
    I'm the same way in most every other area; classic lines or style. But this, the idea of letting the master have his way with the paint intrigues me, though, I did throw an idea out there and requested that the base color not be white. But if he says "ciavete" to that idea, I'm fine with that as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post

I've wanted a BLE since I first saw one at Above Category several years ago now. AWESOME.

Unfortunately, I

1. Don't deserve one, and

2. Can't imagine that conversation with my wife!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EFHeath View Post
    I've wanted a BLE since I first saw one at Above Category several years ago now. AWESOME.

Unfortunately, I

1.a. The world could end tomorrow
    2.a. Suggestion "Baby, I have not been giving you the love you deserve. Here is that XXXYYZZ necklace you've always wanted...oh I got that Peg from my pal Dario. I love you.
    3.a. Duck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ad 2. I always tell my wife that bikes are cheaper than an affair and she knows that I love her.
    But if you try this, I just want to let you know that I will not be liable for any damage caused by the above statement/advice.

Btw: my wife told me recently that she is looking forward to go to Caldonazzo to pick up my new frame.

Quote Originally Posted by EFHeath View Post

Unfortunately, I

somewhere between apricot trees and vineyards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find what works for me is to have a wife who is also an avid cyclist and shares the love for great bikes. So now Marguerita and I await the delivery of our Respos as soon as the Master is finished with them. Everybody is happy!![/B]

Franco
    Il vero lusso è il tempo da dedicare alle proprie passioni.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same for me ZF - no smuggling of bicycle paraphernalia past my missus

p

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are only two ways to work this. The first is you have the conversation about adding a new rig to the stable. Of course, that requires planning years in advance. Yes, you should have figured this out before you asked her to marry you.

The second is the covert method. Stick to one color choice in frames and components and rotate in the new rig. As long as the number of rigs stays constant, she might not notice. This pretty much rules out any ciavete Pegorettis. Although, maybe if you stick to all ciavette Pegs, she'll get confused like a tiger looking at a herd of zebras.

Zebra-Herd-Drinking-.jpg

I haven't told my s.o. that I actually placed the order for the MxxxxxO, but she knew it was coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgess1108 View Post
    Although, maybe if you stick to all ciavette Pegs, she'll get confused like a tiger looking at a herd of zebras.
    The tiger is probably confused because he's wondering how he ended up in Africa. Sorry, I couldn't resist. But I agree that your idea of a fleet of Ciavetes might well work.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed some frames delivered with this type of sticker, while some is not....

Can any of U explain the differences?

Thanks & regards
    sbw

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there everyone, especially whom this thread is about, someone called Dario,

I read at the beginning something about making a question (it´s all i have, doubts).
    I have a Taurus Bike Machinery Jig (second hand) and it´s being hell to try to use it for custom builds (i can imagine it was designed to make the same frame one thousand times).
    I want to buy i new jig (perhaps also some fixtures) but i would like to know if theres something in europe as Sputink, Anvil or HJ.
    Do we have, in europe, to buy something from usa?
    Joder! no me lo puedo creer! tiene que haber algo italiano o Alemán!!!!

any tips???

Best,

Andrés

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wshah View Post
    I noticed some frames delivered with this type of sticker, while some is not....

Can any of U explain the differences?

Thanks & regards
    sbw
    Ciao ,
    all the frames that were delivered last year have this sticker, it was made from Columbus to brand their product, I asked for something unconventional and personal , Antonio Colombo, which is a great art lover and owns a gallery in Milan has used her portrait painted by an artist of his gallery to design the sticker, the artist has combines the passion of Antonio Colombo for the cycling and the art , and used a famous art installation of Marcel Duchamp as a source of inspiration.
    d
    Surrealism - Smarthistory
    Antonio Colombo arte contemporanea the site is hacked at this moment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ciao Dario,

While the conversation is on the topic of the frame markings, i would like to ask about the frame notes on the chainstays. I am fortunate enough to own 2 of your frames and i noticed the writings on the chainstays as below :

I assume the year (2011, 2012) indicates the year the frame was built, what does the other word/term refer to?

thanks...