User Tag List

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Dario
    Glad you like the socks. I had a feeling that you would....art on your feet

When you come to visit, we'll have Sonny and Zach at our home for a little private concert. Zach wants one of your bikes too...

All the Best
    Franco et Margherita
    Il vero lusso è il tempo da dedicare alle proprie passioni.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Boy View Post
    Nice socks.
    Have you been tidying that desk again big fella?

P
    Paul....if i didn't knew Dario i should say "a tidy desk is a sign of a serial killer" :))

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nic...haven't seen my desk in months, there's that much crap on it!

at least it looks as though I'm busy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...when also the petalini(socks) of the master became a form of art.....

"fatti con i piedi"
    maestro,non me ne voglia,non ho saputo resistere!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excuse the stupid question, but is there a guide to the characteristics of each frame? pegoretticicli.com is beautiful, but leaves me guessing a little and not being able to immediately fly over for Dario's personal appraisel, I'm trying to figure out which frame to order on my own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgess1108 View Post
    Excuse the stupid question, but is there a guide to the characteristics of each frame? pegoretticicli.com is beautiful, but leaves me guessing a little and not being able to immediately fly over for Dario's personal appraisel, I'm trying to figure out which frame to order on my own.
    Who are you ordering from? They could probably help you.

No wait, let's do this another way. You should be buying your Pegoretti from International Bike in Boston, specifically from Craig Gaulzetti. Here's what he had to say about the models a few years ago:

Quote Originally Posted by jerk
    there's nothing beyond what is in those catalogs that anyone here needs to know about pegoretti frames. they are all race bikes; built with love and an exacting attention to detail and the pedigree of dozens of race victories oozing through and through. they are simple machines which don't follow any trends. you want to know the difference between the models?

the 8:30 is an aluminum race bike.

the love#3 is a slightly lighter aluminum race bike.

the marcelo is a slightly lighter steel race bike that may be a bit stiffer torsionally.

the duende is a marcelo with the less expensive rear end from a palosanto.

the big leg emma is the big leg emma.

see how much worse that sounds than comparing a bike to bob marley?

just ride one. you'll understand.

jerk
    I'll add that the Responsorium is like the Marcelo but maybe a little smoother/softer over rough pavement. Dario told me it was what I wanted to go with my Love #3.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    I'll add that the Responsorium is like the Marcelo but maybe a little smoother/softer over rough pavement. Dario told me it was what I wanted to go with my Love #3.
    Davids - thank you for pulling that post and adding some additional thoughts. I'd called Arrow Bikes in MD and haven't been impressed with the service so far; the kid on the phone didn't know anything about them and the guy that he was supposed to have call me, didn't.

When you say you spoke to Dario, did you make the trek over to his shop to be sized? I think that's part of the process I'm most worried about. Obviously, a good shop would probably be able to take care of the measurements, though.

Right now, I'm probably leaning toward the MxxxxxxO and the Responsorium.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

feel free to call me anytime at the shop or on my cell if you want to talk about pegorettis. i'd be happy to talk you through the options. nelson at gita (the us importer) is also an incredible resource.

me (craig) 617.783.5804 w
    617.901.1865 cell

gita sporting goods: 800.729.4482

anyway- you can't go wrong with any of'em they're all great- but there are differences.

thanks,
    craig
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Davids - thank you for pulling that post and adding some additional thoughts. I'd called Arrow Bikes in MD and haven't been impressed with the service so far; the kid on the phone didn't know anything about them and the guy that he was supposed to have call me, didn't.

When you say you spoke to Dario, did you make the trek over to his shop to be sized? I think that's part of the process I'm most worried about. Obviously, a good shop would probably be able to take care of the measurements, though.

Right now, I'm probably leaning toward the MxxxxxxO and the Responsorium.
    Craig sold me the Love #3 after fitting me over the Internet. Yes, he's that good.

I met Dario at the Richmond NAHBS and he "fit" me for my second Pegoretti. The process took all of 2 minutes and mostly involved him jamming Nelson's laptop into my sitbone. The choice of which bike he was building me was almost as involved: Me: "Dario, which frame?" Him: "You live in Boston, right? Bad roads." Me: "Yep. And I want a nice all-day ride." Dario: "You get a Responsorium." Me: "That's what I figured."

And seriously - Both my Pegs fit perfectly great, and probably measure the same within a handful of millimeters. But they have vastly different personalities. The Love is solid, light and quick. The Respo is smooth and stable. After 10 minutes on either I'm just riding a wonderful bike.

So call Craig. He will take care of you.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Davids - in your case (after measurement by laptop) was there a controlling measurement on the bike like top tube length? Just curious. The dropped top tube design on some frame sizes seems to allow riding a different numeric frame size to get the top tube length required.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Davids - in your case (after measurement by laptop) was there a controlling measurement on the bike like top tube length? Just curious. The dropped top tube design on some frame sizes seems to allow riding a different numeric frame size to get the top tube length required.
    I have no idea. This isn't magic - millimeters certainly don't matter when it comes to fitting on a bike that's well designed. I never saw a design and, frankly, didn't care. If you can't be measured by the man himself trust a competent, knowledgeable guy like Mr. Gaulzetti. I am completely serious when I say he fit me for my Love over the web.

My advice is not to obsess over arcania like frame measurements. They don't matter unless you're the builder and, based on eavesdropping on their conversations, the best ones don't care too much about every last angle and millimeter.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Duende tubes arent heat treated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd throw a little poll to have your opinion.Which would you choose for coloring and graphics:

1 Big Leg Emma

2 Responsorium

3 Day is Done

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Roberto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Roberto,

would the bike be for you, being relatively tall, go for 1 the BLE and for piant Ciavete with a reference to the "squadra di calcio del Verona" - gialloblù. A yellow blue Ciavete BLE, I think I can not sleep tonight.

Best,

Martin (baci marcelo from Austria - remember?)

Quote Originally Posted by ciofecca gialloblù View Post
    I'd throw a little poll to have your opinion.Which would you choose for coloring and graphics:

1 Big Leg Emma

2 Responsorium

3 Day is Done

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Roberto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You people are evil, now I'm thinking. Curse you people ;)

I've always admired Darios race bikes and the most admired are the ones that are owned by friends that ride them to dust. One of my teammates uses a BLE exclusively for training and when asked why he never races it the answer is "I don't want to risk crashing my best bike". That about sums up my feelings as to what bike I'd like from Dario.

Carry on, I'll do my best to ignore all of you.

Peace, Too Tall

PS - The paint scheme would be one color with a panel of contrast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also really like what Dario calls the panel paint job. I would pick a Marcelo in black with red panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Roberto,

I agree with Martin........ BLE with ciavete.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Roberto
    I would trust Dario for the type of frame. He will make the best frame possible for your intended use. For Peggy and I Dario suggested the Responsorium, so we are waiting for them now. For us we went with Ciavete..Dario's choice, so it will be a surprise. I really like the panels also.

Frank
    Il vero lusso è il tempo da dedicare alle proprie passioni.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by advineas View Post
    Hi Roberto,

would the bike be for you, being relatively tall, go for 1 the BLE and for piant Ciavete with a reference to the "squadra di calcio del Verona" - gialloblù. A yellow blue Ciavete BLE, I think I can not sleep tonight.

Best,

Martin (baci marcelo from Austria - remember?)

Hi Martin,i remember very well of you, i'm trying to put together ideas for projects that i'd like to make a short, 193 cm tall and have overcome the 110 kg weight (should I lose weight!), i already have a Big Leg Emma, is a bike that i adore, but seeing as i tend to be repetitive in the choice of colours, always going to end up Classic solutionsI thought i'd ask your opinion.
    Take care.
    A hug.

Roberto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Responsorium Ciavete or Catch the spider, white and red (or red and white).