User Tag List

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Ciao Mycroft,
    thanks for your kind words , it is a pleasure that one of my frames is rolling down Singapore streets , no apologies for the flat bar , enjoy it however you want.
    Dario

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao ,
    /=San(Saint) San Clemente Papa 2011 is the date on the gregorian calendar when the frame has been painted , the serial on the Columbus decal is the same of the serial that you can find on the bottom part of the BB , 11 is the production year of the frame.
    When i decided to design my own carbon fork i took as a starting point the parameters of the steel fork ( front and lateral stiffness ) but i increased the lateral stiffness to create a fork that is pure racing fork , probably a steeel fork would be a bit more comfortable than the falz fork but a little less precise in direction changing.
    ciao
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Dario, if I may, I have 3 questions that I would like to ask of you:

1) Attachment 42867 In this Chain stay picture, It is written "Handmade in Italia, /.Clemente Papa 2011". What does it mean? I read that in some frames, the date of manufacture or painting is written there.

2) In your Columbus Tubing label, there is always some hand written alpha-numerals near the bottom. Mine reads "2 J 11". What does this mean? Is it the date the tubing was made/drawn?

3) Finally, I am about to make a decision whether to order your CNC'd Twin Crowned Steel fork. i know that there have been a few previous queries about fork material etc, but here is my very specific question: I now have the Falz Carbon Fork, if you ignore the weight differences for a moment, what perceptible differences in ride quality (comfort - vertical compliance, stability - lateral compliance? etc) can I expect to perceive if I change from the Falz to your Steel Fork. Is there more "springiness, reactive" feel. I'd like to know since my major focus is to increase the comfort of the Responsorium. Just for reference, i have already gone to wider clincher rims and will be putting on 28mm or even 30mm tires with lowered pressures.
    3A) Is there bigger/more tire clearance with the Steel fork? It does look to be the case in the pictures, but I cannot be sure.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on these questions that weigh on my mind.

And thank you once again for entrusting me with a beautiful frame!

Cheers, TC
    sorry forgot to say that the clearence of the steel fork is bigger thatn the carbon fork.
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by happycampyer View Post
    Well, at least he's using a setback seatpost.

P.S. I think that Dario has been completely smoked out of his Smoked Out thread.
    hey , i am still in business .....................but ready to retire !!!!!!!!!!!
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Dario -

Wonderful to see you here again. Had much fun in Caldonazzo. I will always remember those good times we had at II Pegoraduno. The Mxxxxxo...was absolutely amazing! I hope to be in the queue before long. Ciao for now Dario.

a presto,
    Guy
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    hey , i am still in business .....................but ready to retire !!!!!!!!!!!
    d
    You mustn't retire...you haven't built mine yet Dario!!!

Guy
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the question, "Is Dario's Frame a work of Art and Passion, or the supreme execution of a mathematical implementation of a functional Outcome?". My answer is, "It is both!" IMHO.
    my work is just what i feel and i like to do and i think that i am a lucky man for that .
    sorry , old man !
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dario, Thank you so much for taking the trouble to answer my questions! They certainly help give me a better understanding and certainly a deeper appreciation for my frame and your work.

I have ordered my steel fork already, since the tolerance is too small upfront for a true 28mm sized tire on a wide clincher rim. I wonder if you ever thought about building your steel forks using the Columbus XCR material, so that it will not rust and may be a little lighter and stronger?? I would be the 1st in line for this since the humid weather in Singapore favours stainless steel as the material of choice.

Thanks once again for your thoughts. BTW, Taipei is a great place to go! The food is fabulous (much better than in mainland China) and the people are very nice! Hope you had a great time there! You should have thought about stopping by Singapore on the way back. Perhaps on your next trip?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao ,
    /=San(Saint) San Clemente Papa 2011 is the date on the gregorian calendar when the frame has been painted , the serial on the Columbus decal is the same of the serial that you can find on the bottom part of the BB , 11 is the production year of the frame.d
    Hi Dario, I'm sorry to bother you with this other question, but what date is San Clemente Papa 2011, so that I can have this for my reference??

Greatly appreciate your kind allowance for my idiosyncratic build. It rides so beautifully. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dario, I'm sorry to bother you with this other question, but what date is San Clemente Papa 2011, so that I can have this for my reference??

Greatly appreciate your kind allowance for my idiosyncratic build. It rides so beautifully. Thanks!
    Ciao,
    San Clemente Papa is 23 november .
    have a great weekend.
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dario, Thank you so much for taking the trouble to answer my questions! They certainly help give me a better understanding and certainly a deeper appreciation for my frame and your work.

I have ordered my steel fork already, since the tolerance is too small upfront for a true 28mm sized tire on a wide clincher rim. I wonder if you ever thought about building your steel forks using the Columbus XCR material, so that it will not rust and may be a little lighter and stronger?? I would be the 1st in line for this since the humid weather in Singapore favours stainless steel as the material of choice.

Thanks once again for your thoughts. BTW, Taipei is a great place to go! The food is fabulous (much better than in mainland China) and the people are very nice! Hope you had a great time there! You should have thought about stopping by Singapore on the way back. Perhaps on your next trip?
    Columbus is working on a project about a xcr steerer tube and blades but it is not ready yet , there are some big problems to solve regarding the tapered part of the blades and the costs of the material , i thinks that will be a project for the nexy year , you can solve the problems of the rust with a periodical use of the frames saver from JP Weigle.
    take care
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao,
    San Clemente Papa is 23 november .
    have a great weekend.
    d
    Thanks so much for the info, Dario. I did a quick search on this and found out that Papa refers to Pope (in English) and so this can be translated to be Pope St Clemens' Day, which is as you say, 23 November (same month as my birthday). I also found it very ironical and extremely befitting that Pope St Clemens I was the patron saint of Blacksmiths and metal workers! How coincidentally meaningful is that?

I thank you for the remembrance!

I'm a little disappointed to hear that there are some teething problems with the XCR Fork project. I hope that it can be solved and in the mean time, I shall eagerly await the normal one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Mycroft,
    thanks for your kind words , it is a pleasure that one of my frames is rolling down Singapore streets , no apologies for the flat bar , enjoy it however you want.
    Dario
    I was 1.000.000% sure this would be the answer of the builder.

You guys are just to puritanical... it's a bike and it's used as a bike. Good enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Mycroft,
    Dario
    class act.
    david corr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just arrived at the shop , a big thanks to Franco e Margherita alias Frank and Peggy , socks make my feet like those of a dancer , and also a big thanks to Sonny , great artist and great guitar player wizard !!!

20120626_153555.jpg

20120626_153651.jpg 20120626_153708.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice socks.
    Have you been tidying that desk again big fella?

P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Boy View Post
    Nice socks.
    Have you been tidying that desk again big fella?

P
    ohh yeah.................... and for some day I hope to be able to keep everything on order ......................
    anyway a clean desk is a sign of a sick mind ?
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, chaos is cool ;)