User Tag List

Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Quote Originally Posted by wankie View Post
    TC, that shld be the serial number. check under the bb to see if it matches.
    Yes, Wankie, I checked, you are absolutely correct! However I still think that Dario has some coded numbering system that I would be keen to hear about. Although I just bought it, I'm pretty sure that the frame was made in 2011 as stated on the Chainstay. That explains the 11 part of the "2 J 11". So what intrigues me is what if anything does the 2 J part stand for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Yes, Wankie, I checked, you are absolutely correct! However I still think that Dario has some coded numbering system that I would be keen to hear about. Although I just bought it, I'm pretty sure that the frame was made in 2011 as stated on the Chainstay. That explains the 11 part of the "2 J 11". So what intrigues me is what if anything does the 2 J part stand for?
    Enjoy the bike, don't sweat the minor stuff :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wankie View Post
    TC, nice bike btw :D how does the Falz fork ride?

cheers...

Wankie, it is very difficult just to isolate the ride of the fork alone if there is no previous frame of reference (for me). The ride of the Responsorium is an integrated whole. However, I can compare it with the Pinarello Dogma 2 which I had been riding with almost exactly the same gruppo and wheelset for 1 month before this arrived.

The Dogma 2 is quicker off the line from a standing start. But once moving, there is little to tell them apart in terms of acceleration. The Responsorium is clearly the more comfortable of the 2 and soaks up road jitter and vibration better (both on Campy Shamal Ultras with Vred TriComps 700x25mm at 85/90 psi F/R). A somewhat flawed analogous comparison would be (and I know I will get killed for this in this Forum) that the Dogma 2 is closer to a Formula 1 Car - fast, ultraquick reflexes, very little suspension travel vs the Responsorium in the guise of a Grand Tourer Club Racer - still quick enough that few will be able to truly explore its limits, more suspension travel (but not by a huge margin), very quick reflexes, a bit more stable.

These are just initial impressions, since I have not ridden the Responsorium as extensively as the Dogma 2 to explore its idiosyncracies beyond the obvious. It's just been between my legs for a week or so and since then, I have just changed to Zipp 303s with 28mm Conti 4 Seasons in a search for even more comfort. Gonna try the Challenge Parigi-Roubaix tires at 27mm (labelled, but actual on rim width is more like 30mm) with even lower tire pressures. That is why I had to change from my Zero Gravity brakes to the hideously kooky industrial design Ee Brakes. But they really stop on a dime!

Would be interested to see how the Steel Fork (CNC sandwich and not Twin crowned - I made a mistake) does to this mix. The ultimate comfort Flat Bar racer??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wankie, it is very difficult just to isolate the ride of the fork alone if there is no previous frame of reference (for me). The ride of the Responsorium is an integrated whole. However, I can compare it with the Pinarello Dogma 2 which I had been riding with almost exactly the same gruppo and wheelset for 1 month before this arrived.
    Do you also have a flat bar on the Dogma? If yes, I would love to see a picture.

Bastardizing is probably an appropriate term(*cringe*)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bontie View Post
    Do you also have a flat bar on the Dogma? If yes, I would love to see a picture.
    DSCF0144 copy.jpg

Here you go. I went to a flat bar because I found that in my type of riding, I am seldom in the drops, so no point having them if it is just for esthetic reasons.

MTB pedals are there so that I dont have to walk like a duck - after years of having to suffer through various unsatisfactory road iterations, the last being the excellent Speedplay X1 Tis. Now on Crank Bros.

These are my 2 concessions to practicality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    Absolutely.
    Well, at least he's using a setback seatpost.

P.S. I think that Dario has been completely smoked out of his Smoked Out thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by happycampyer View Post
    Well, at least he's using a setback seatpost.

P.S. I think that Dario has been completely smoked out of his Smoked Out thread.
    If he wasn't before, he will be now.

I can't even comment beyond that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3A) Is there bigger/more tire clearance with the Steel fork? It does look to be the case in the pictures, but I cannot be sure.
    While I'm not Dario, I can tell you that the steel fork on my Responsorium has loads of clearance. On mine the brake is what limits the tire size....but a Parigi-Roubaix fits with no problem. It's much tighter in the back.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting bikes. given your fondness for Pegs, it does surprise me to hear you say that you are averse to purely aesthetic decisions. it seems to me that that is one of the features that distinguishes his bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by choke View Post
    While I'm not Dario, I can tell you that the steel fork on my Responsorium has loads of clearance. On mine the brake is what limits the tire size....but a Parigi-Roubaix fits with no problem. It's much tighter in the back.
    Thanks for the helpful feedback, Choke. Would you hazard a ride comparison between your steel Peg fork and the carbon one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JBLANDE View Post
    interesting bikes. given your fondness for Pegs, it does surprise me to hear you say that you are averse to purely aesthetic decisions. it seems to me that that is one of the features that distinguishes his bikes.
    Thanks. For me, it has always been the axiom of "Form Follows Function" that drives my mindset. Where the emotive is juxtaposed with logic is where the thin line that separates my dominant left brain from my right.

So the question, "Is Dario's Frame a work of Art and Passion, or the supreme execution of a mathematical implementation of a functional Outcome?". My answer is, "It is both!" IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the helpful feedback, Choke. Would you hazard a ride comparison between your steel Peg fork and the carbon one?
    You're welcome. I can't offer a ride comparison as I don't have a carbon fork, only the steel one.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this fucking April fools?
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, Mods, might have to embed a 'Report' button alongside 'Share' and 'Like'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chooey View Post
    Eh, Mods, might have to embed a 'Report' button alongside 'Share' and 'Like'.
    Would that be to report flat bars on a Pinnarello or the April Fool's comment?

To each his own, but that thing makes my eyes hurt. If you want a flat bar cruiser, buy a Cannondale Quick or any other bike like it. Putting flat bars on a Pinnarello is like putting spinner rims on a Ferrari.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgess1108 View Post
    Would that be to report flat bars on a Pinnarello or the April Fool's comment?

To each his own, but that thing makes my eyes hurt. If you want a flat bar cruiser, buy a Cannondale Quick or any other bike like it. Putting flat bars on a Pinnarello is like putting spinner rims on a Ferrari.
    I think it a bigger sin to put flat bars on a Pegoretti, but anyhow. This is wrong on so many levels. I couldn't sleep last night. Heartache and tears...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gents, this is Dario's Smoked Out page. Respect the master yo.
    Go ride a bike!!! Peace, Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Gents, this is Dario's Smoked Out page. Respect the master yo.
    Go ride a bike!!! Peace, Josh
    excuse me,are we talking about the same master yo?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What tires are you using on your dogma?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loscaligero View Post
    What tires are you using on your dogma?
    As TooTall suggested, this is the Pegoretti thread. Can you please move this convo about flat barred Pinarello's to the Pinarello thread? Pretty please. With whip cream on top.