User Tag List

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Quote Originally Posted by Lanerossi View Post
    I think I was there when these pic was taken...

Anyway, did you solve all the troubles with chainline and those horrible wheels?
    Horrible wheels built up by an handsome man!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg71 View Post
    Dear Leo,

it is strange (not for me though) that every people i meet describes their feelings from Dario's bikes exactly in the way you did.....enjoy your Duende...hope to see some pictures someday!
    It is hard to describe it with a straight face . When I use my description or analogy of the ride feel describing to people why this bike feels so special , they roll their eyes. I have a few bikes in my stable and I figured it would be hard to up them , after riding the Peg for three weeks . I can definitely say it is something else .

Its funny , my friends were admiring the frame then started teasing me about the name, DUENDE . In our dialect it means dwarf . Me and my 60 cm bike definitely don't look like a dwarf, thus the ribbing .

When I got home after that ride I googled Duende and I guess the other meaning Dario was referring to is in a musical sense or feeling . It has so much to do with passion , raw energy and soul . Precisely the feeling i got when i was hammering the ride earlier . The ride was very smooth , but I could feel the road it's dips and undulations . Never jarring though , you just want to spin the cranks faster and get lost in enjoying the bike . kinda like people firing away on their violins in a lively orchestra piece . If Duende refers to passionate expression , oomph and some deep feeling . That name hits it on the nail !

Pictures to follow soon , right now am ashamed to say it is on a borrowed shimano groupset from my beater . while my record and the rest of the build is coming in the mail .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Dario -

I just wanted to introduce myself ahead of Pegoraduno. First I have admired your work for a very long time. Simply stunning work that is truly art. I admire your passione for the biciclette. You have a gift and it is wonderful how you express it to the world and share it with us. Grazie mille. One day I will own one of your works. I have an idea in my mind how I would like you to express the paint scheme...in your way...Ciavete. I hope to have a chance to express it to you in Caldonazzo. I hope to come with some inspiration for you...

I look forward to meeting you and my visit to Caldonazzo and I am very excited about Pegoraduno. Grazie in anticipo.

a presto,
    Guy Fazzio
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liv2bike View Post
    Ciao Dario -

I just wanted to introduce myself ahead of Pegoraduno. First I have admired your work for a very long time. Simply stunning work that is truly art. I admire your passione for the biciclette. You have a gift and it is wonderful how you express it to the world and share it with us. Grazie mille. One day I will own one of your works. I have an idea in my mind how I would like you to express the paint scheme...in your way...Ciavete. I hope to have a chance to express it to you in Caldonazzo. I hope to come with some inspiration for you...

I look forward to meeting you and my visit to Caldonazzo and I am very excited about Pegoraduno. Grazie in anticipo.

a presto,
    Guy Fazzio
    Only 5 days to the second Pegoraduno......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only 2 days.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Dario -

a presto,
    Guy Fazzio
    Hi Guy! And now that the second Pegoraduno's finished what do you think? Looking forward to hear some more news from you! Nice to meet you there!

Nicola

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guy! And now that the second Pegoraduno's finished what do you think? Looking forward to hear some more news from you! Nice to meet you there!

Nicola
    oh man,but the first is unforgettable!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These days were very nice, pleasant people, lovely weather and fabulous rides.
    Special thanks to Albert for the organization.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Nicola! Back in the States this morning already. It was absolutely amazing. From beginning to end. I made many friends and memories I will always have with me. It was more than I ever expected. For me one of the best parts was meeting everyone and making friends that I will always have. All of you were so very nice and generous. I cannot thank you and everyone enough. I hope we meet again soon. Grazie mille!!!!

a presto,
    Guy

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Guy
    I enjoyed our time together a lot,sorry if sometimes I looked dumb, my skill of conversation in english is very low...
    I hope you had no toubles in tacking the wine back to the States.

See ya next time

Fabrizio
    Ciao Nicola! Back in the States this morning already. It was absolutely amazing. From beginning to end. I made many friends and memories I will always have with me. It was more than I ever expected. For me one of the best parts was meeting everyone and making friends that I will always have. All of you were so very nice and generous. I cannot thank you and everyone enough. I hope we meet again soon. Grazie mille!!!!

a presto,
    Guy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a presto,
    Guy
    Ciao Guy.....maybe this pictures reminds you something!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Fabrizio! Your english is very good...it is my Italian that is not good. I will try to learn more so next time we meet we can talk in Italian!
    The vino made it home back very safe. I am looking forward to opening it. We will enjoy it for sure Fabrizio.

See you soon my friend...

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Boar View Post
    Ciao Guy
    I enjoyed our time together a lot,sorry if sometimes I looked dumb, my skill of conversation in english is very low...
    I hope you had no toubles in tacking the wine back to the States.

See ya next time

Fabrizio

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Guy.....maybe this pictures reminds you something!!
    what a beautiful marcelo in baci in the foreground - I am just kidding. Guy, whenever you are coming to our region, the Wachau, you are cordially invited to stay at our place.

All the best

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by advineas View Post
    what a beautiful marcelo in baci in the foreground - I am just kidding. Guy, whenever you are coming to our region, the Wachau, you are cordially invited to stay at our place.

All the best

Martin
    Grazie Martin. You never know. The invitation is much appreciated. Likewise...if you ever find yourself in Orlando. Had a wonderful time in Caldonazzo.

a presto,
    Guy

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DSCF0170.jpg

Dear Dario, Greetings from Singapore! There is a small but growing group of cyclists who are getting to know you and your fascinating body of work. This is my 1st post on this Forum and I want to use it to thank you for making yourself available to those of us who admire your work. Being personally engaged and answering our queries helps us tremendously to better appreciate your thinking and the rationale behind many decisions in the crafting of your frames, that you make that may not be immediately apparent to most of us.

I think of all your frames as your children. They are each unique and different in their own ways and some of them will have their birthing pains and will evolve with the accummulated experience and continuous refinement that you bring to your art form. But all of them, without question, will bear your DNA - the signature of your genius and will always be a part of you bestow upon us.

By being open and sharing your thoughts, only helps us better understand why your children under our adoptive care behave in a certain way and perform the way that they do. This gift of knowledge is the greatest thing that you can impart to us all in the care and nurture of your offspring.

I have just only recently managed to adopt a 49cm Responsorium with a "Fuck You" (Ciavete) paintjob. This is after I read (sometimes a few times) every single item, blog, review, forum discussion that I could find on you and your frames through multiple Google searches. I have read every single post in these 26 Pages on this forum. I am posting some pictures of my build and of course, I also have some questions that remain unanswered even after the volume of material that I have researched on the subject.

DSCF0165.JPGDSCF0194.JPGDSCF0207.jpgDSCF0213.JPGDSCF0224.JPGDSCF0225.JPGDSCF0237.jpgDSCF0255.JPG

Needless to say, I love this frame (Responsorium) to bits and it now remains the only road frame that I have with me. This comes after a history of having lived through a list of other frames (De Rosa King, Fondriest TF1, Pinarello Dogma (Magnesium), Colnago C50, Pinarello Paris, Pinarello Prince and most lately Pinarello Dogma2). Singapore is a hota nd wet tropical often with a constant humidity of 95%. Steel frames generally do not do well in this climate without extraordinary care. A stainless steel Columbus XCR frame is thus a Godsend!

I have to apologise for bastardising your racing frame with a flat bar and mountain bike clips. I know that some of you will invoke heresy and claim that I have blasphemed thus. Others may be interested to note the interesting and fairly unsual Campy Chorus Flatbar carbon Brakes and finger shifters that I was lucky to have retained from the 10 speed cassette days (I can't find any replacements or upgrades now). I have made these changes as old age creeps up on me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dario, if I may, I have 3 questions that I would like to ask of you:

1) DSCF0154.JPG In this Chain stay picture, It is written "Handmade in Italia, /.Clemente Papa 2011". What does it mean? I read that in some frames, the date of manufacture or painting is written there.

2) In your Columbus Tubing label, there is always some hand written alpha-numerals near the bottom. Mine reads "2 J 11". What does this mean? Is it the date the tubing was made/drawn?

3) Finally, I am about to make a decision whether to order your CNC'd Twin Crowned Steel fork. i know that there have been a few previous queries about fork material etc, but here is my very specific question: I now have the Falz Carbon Fork, if you ignore the weight differences for a moment, what perceptible differences in ride quality (comfort - vertical compliance, stability - lateral compliance? etc) can I expect to perceive if I change from the Falz to your Steel Fork. Is there more "springiness, reactive" feel. I'd like to know since my major focus is to increase the comfort of the Responsorium. Just for reference, i have already gone to wider clincher rims and will be putting on 28mm or even 30mm tires with lowered pressures.
    3A) Is there bigger/more tire clearance with the Steel fork? It does look to be the case in the pictures, but I cannot be sure.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on these questions that weigh on my mind.

And thank you once again for entrusting me with a beautiful frame!

Cheers, TC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attachment 42868

Sorry, I failed multiple times to upload this picture. This is pertaining to my Question 2 about the handwritten numbers on the Columbus label. Hope this Picture helps explain what i was trying to ask about.

TC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Attachment 42868

Sorry, I failed multiple times to upload this picture. This is pertaining to my Question 2 about the handwritten numbers on the Columbus label. Hope this Picture helps explain what i was trying to ask about.

TC
    TC, that shld be the serial number. check under the bb to see if it matches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TC, nice bike btw :D how does the Falz fork ride?

cheers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    bastardising your racing frame with a flat bar and mountain bike clips. I know that some of you will invoke heresy and claim that I have blasphemed thus.
    Absolutely.