User Tag List

Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Many of Dario's frames (and paint schemes) are named for music. Day is Done is a Nick Drake song as interpreted by Brad Mehldau. CCKMP was for a Steve Earle song. Big Leg Emma came from Zappa (as well as Dario's mother's name). Fina Estampa was from Caetano Veloso. Love #3 was from the Charles Lloyd Quartet. Responsorium was from Dino Saluzzi. Duende is related to the Spanish arts, particularly Flamenco. The Luigino is named after Dario's mentor Gino Milani. Paint schemes, such as Ciavete, have been influenced heavily by artists such as Emilio Vedova. The stock Big Leg Emma orange paint scheme was derived from a Ray and Charles Eames design. Of course, the Thelonious paint scheme is a tribute to Thelonious Monk, while the Jaco scheme is for Jaco Pastorious. I've thoroughly enjoyed tracking down some of Dario's influences over the years and have discovered some great music and art in the process.

Nelson Frazier
    Gita Sporting Goods, Ltd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nortonnels View Post
    Many of Dario's frames (and paint schemes) are named for music. Day is Done is a Nick Drake song as interpreted by Brad Mehldau. CCKMP was for a Steve Earle song. Big Leg Emma came from Zappa (as well as Dario's mother's name). Fina Estampa was from Caetano Veloso. Love #3 was from the Charles Lloyd Quartet. Responsorium was from Dino Saluzzi. Duende is related to the Spanish arts, particularly Flamenco. The Luigino is named after Dario's mentor Gino Milani. Paint schemes, such as Ciavete, have been influenced heavily by artists such as Emilio Vedova. The stock Big Leg Emma orange paint scheme was derived from a Ray and Charles Eames design. Of course, the Thelonious paint scheme is a tribute to Thelonious Monk, while the Jaco scheme is for Jaco Pastorious. I've thoroughly enjoyed tracking down some of Dario's influences over the years and have discovered some great music and art in the process.

Nelson Frazier
    Gita Sporting Goods, Ltd.
    great stuff. i actually went out & bought that charles lloyd album after i ordered my Love #3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dario,

What is the paint reference (ral #) for the baci red?

Henrique
    un abrazo,
    Henrique Tono

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Dario,

Andi (the guy who has orded a Luigino last year at your workshop) and I we will be coming to the Pegoraduno this year. I have two important questions and one that is not so important, let me start with the important ones:

A) Due to the fact that the both of us come from a wine growing region know for its white wines (the region is called the Wachau) and my brother in law is a wine maker, I would like to ask you if you also like/drink white wine? Red wine from our region I would not recommend (in other words it sucks). We will bring a decent amount of white wine supplies with us.

B) I would like to "upgrade" my Marcelo in Baci paint with a Falz fork. Would it be possible that you paint one for me in white, so that it fits to the frame and I can take it with me end of May? If not, no problem.

C) The not at all important question ;-) Will Andi (the little guy from Austria with the green glasses) be able to show up on his Luigino at the Pegoraduno? You know what I mean.

Buona pasqua,

martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh.. very nice. Love the black oo- and the lovely panels. What is the name of the oo- scheme and what is its meaning?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htono View Post
    Dario,

What is the paint reference (ral #) for the baci red?

Henrique
    Ciao Enrico,
    is a ral 3020
    ciao
    dp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roguedog View Post
    ahh.. very nice. Love the black oo- and the lovely panels. What is the name of the oo- scheme and what is its meaning?
    Ciao ,
    the name is "oi oi"
    ciao
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little tribute to Dario and Pero.
    Hi Mr. Round :-)))
    Do you remenber this?
    The name is Rugosa (craggy in english, I think). This is mine. The only thing, I say about, is " I love my bike"
    IMG_0432_1.jpgIMG_0433_1.jpgIMG_0436_1.jpgIMG_0439_1.jpgIMG_0441_1.jpgIMG_0443_1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love your bike too :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot....Thanks a lot Dario & Pero

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcarp View Post
    I forgot....Thanks a lot Dario & Pero

Ehi ! Why no me? Remember that i'm your president!!! :))

Ok stop joking! This Mxxxxxo is very nice and i think you will be very glad on use it!

Have a good ride dear Paolo!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Dario,

I am not sure how to explain without quoting all the pictures above, the white bike in picture 2 and 3 , it looks like Ciavete and Oi Oi on one frame? Is that a Ciavete or a new scheme. I am referring to the frame with stripes on the headtube. It is truly beautiful, I can see one in my crystal ball...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcarp View Post
    A little tribute to Dario and Pero.
    Hi Mr. Round :-)))
    Do you remenber this?
    The name is Rugosa (craggy in english, I think). This is mine. The only thing, I say about, is " I love my bike"
    IMG_0432_1.jpgIMG_0433_1.jpgIMG_0436_1.jpgIMG_0439_1.jpgIMG_0441_1.jpgIMG_0443_1.jpg
    Nice bike shame about the chairs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    I think I was there when these pic was taken...

Anyway, did you solve all the troubles with chainline and those horrible wheels?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg71 View Post
    Ehi ! Why no me? Remember that i'm your president!!! :))

Ok stop joking! This Mxxxxxo is very nice and i think you will be very glad on use it!

Have a good ride dear Paolo!!!
    Marcelo is always really nice I'm going to assemble tzymbar one now, it's back in the workshop (it was repainted by Dario & C.).

By the way I read about Dario scheme pattern: a couple of them was named by his personal life history (Ciavéte and Catch the Spider) in a ironic way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Dario,

I am so very happy with my new frame a 60cm Duende . It rides very different, comfortable, smooth but lively compared to my other bikes .

I bought the frame without the fork . I put a Deda Black Magic Fork with 44 rake , is that Alright ?

I love how the bike rides and looks so much , I have ridden everyday for the past month .

Leo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lanerossi View Post
    Marcelo is always really nice I'm going to assemble tzymbar one now, it's back in the workshop (it was repainted by Dario & C.).

By the way I read about Dario scheme pattern: a couple of them was named by his personal life history (Ciavéte and Catch the Spider) in a ironic way.
    Ciao Alberto!

Please put in the Tzimbar frame some more weight....he needs to be less competitive for the next Pegoraduno....by the way we are waiting also for you to come to Caldonazzo....take care.

Nicola

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaydg View Post
    Ciao Dario,

I am so very happy with my new frame a 60cm Duende . It rides very different, comfortable, smooth but lively compared to my other bikes .

I bought the frame without the fork . I put a Deda Black Magic Fork with 44 rake , is that Alright ?

I love how the bike rides and looks so much , I have ridden everyday for the past month .

Leo
    Dear Leo,

it is strange (not for me though) that every people i meet describes their feelings from Dario's bikes exactly in the way you did.....enjoy your Duende...hope to see some pictures someday!