User Tag List

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    Riccardo carissimo,
    any technical question, or commercial reason, is only a matter of heart, I started building frames at level and I believe that my past has a value , my father-in-law taught me the basics of geometry and he made the frames in this way, at level. He fully deserves my respect and gratitude.
    And even in this case my eyes reddens looking at slooping frames , I can't find a good reason why I should follow or clone a thing that doesn't belong to me, follow a thing born from a thought of others without a good reason, the day that somebody will demonstrate the superiority of a slooping frame compared to one at level ,may be that I'll think about it, but at this moment I don't know any literature that proves that superiority.
    say a big thanks and an embrace to debra
    d
    ^ this.

and ps i have a hard time looking at all of this (in the industry) and not recalling the mike burrows/giant bicycles seed that was planted. it was a three-sizes-fits-all mentality, and that mindset has permeated all that we see and do. with time, i have begun to accept a small amount of slant as a fashion (2-3 degrees at most atmo...) but the rest of it offends whatever sense of style and history i still cling to. at the core, it seems like framebuilders now have to consider making designs to fit the available component market and its whims rather than making what is correct and rational and then assembling it to make the best fitting bicycle. since the 90s, bicycles have gotten uglier and sexless atmo. a few weeks ago, i had a similar conversation with a journalist and, referring to the current state of things, he said (and i am paraphrasing...) most now look like birthday cakes with wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    , he said (and i am paraphrasing...) most now look like birthday cakes with wheels.
    hey, a great description, very nice !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    i hate to pile on, but i couldn't agree more with this ^ ^ and believe it should be on a DP tee shirt atmo.
    forza dario.
    sign me up for that tee shirt!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wankie View Post
    sign me up for that tee shirt!
    +1,

I have to get a proper bike (Pegoretti) soon.
    I am a young and stupid and currently own a plastic bike (painted in Italy) - it bike has no soul and looks liek a birthday cake...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pardon my ignorance, but I thought one of the legitimate advantages of a sloping TT was a stiffer rear triangle when sprinting and climbing out of the saddle, specially on larger frames...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh? where'd you hear that? the only advantage to a sloping top tube is that it can make really, really small bikes look not as stupid when they are made out of big fat tubes....otherwise there's not enough seatpost showing if the midget is on the right size frame and it looks kinda (more) stupid than a bike with a sloping top tube.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    huh? where'd you hear that? the only advantage to a sloping top tube is that it can make really, really small bikes look not as stupid when they are made out of big fat tubes....otherwise there's not enough seatpost showing if the midget is on the right size frame and it looks kinda (more) stupid than a bike with a sloping top tube.
    Good to know. Actually read that in a framebuilder discussion somewhere (maybe on the old frameforum or across the hall).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -HvA- View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but I thought one of the legitimate advantages of a sloping TT was a stiffer rear triangle when sprinting and climbing out of the saddle, specially on larger frames...
    Ciao
    I assume you meant to say that a slooping frame is more responsive  because it has a smaller rear triangle(cause the shorter seatstays ).
    The chainstays are the most  responsible for the stiffness of the frame (along with the down tube) you have to think where the load is applied and where are the constraints. The influence of the seatstays is poor , especially  out saddle.
    Ciao
    D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Jerk and Dario. I'm very tall (6'5"), so there's plenty of folklore out there about the specifics of larger frames (I'd imagine it's the same with very small frames). Good to hear it straight from you guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richie,

that journalist deserves the pulizter prize in my modest opinion!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Dario,
    This is Jeff with the "jay hawk" Marcelo in blue and red. I am loving every ride on it. You made this bike very special to me and having you here sharing with us is great. To good health and prosperity in the coming year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Dario,

I am very happy to read your thoughts on bikes, and especially about inspiration on your paint schemes. Your explanation makes me appreciate the bikes a lot more. I look forward to seeing more of your creations on the web and in person.

With respect to sloping top tubes, I have experienced the difference as described by Mr. Tom Kellogg when climbing. I don't think the compact frame makes me climb any faster, but if the feeling is what someone is after, then it might serve the purpose. However I accept what you wants to achieve for your bikes aesthetically, and that completes the whole experience of the bike, so that is how it shall be.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Rex

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dario,

it seems strange but i have a technical question for you....talking about steel forks....what are the biggest differences between a fork with the costruction "unicrown" (i.e. the Ritchey Logic front fork) and the ones, as you made for example, with a crown? Thank you very much and have a nice weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dario,

I am curious about what mountain bikes you have built in the past and what you might build in the future. I have seen photos of Pegoretti bikes, both a hardtail and then and interesting looking one with all sorts of tube junctions, has there been demand for Pegoretti mountain bikes?

Thanks for any thoughts - I would love to have an aluminum Pegoretti 29er hardtail!

Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmeloy View Post
    Hey Dario,
    This is Jeff with the "jay hawk" Marcelo in blue and red. I am loving every ride on it. You made this bike very special to me and having you here sharing with us is great. To good health and prosperity in the coming year!
    Ciao Jeff , happy to meet you here on vsalon , Merry Christmas and happy new year to you
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sevencyclist View Post
    Dear Dario,

I am very happy to read your thoughts on bikes, and especially about inspiration on your paint schemes. Your explanation makes me appreciate the bikes a lot more. I look forward to seeing more of your creations on the web and in person.

With respect to sloping top tubes, I have experienced the difference as described by Mr. Tom Kellogg when climbing. I don't think the compact frame makes me climb any faster, but if the feeling is what someone is after, then it might serve the purpose. However I accept what you wants to achieve for your bikes aesthetically, and that completes the whole experience of the bike, so that is how it shall be.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Rex
    Grazie mille a te Rex

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg71 View Post
    Dario,

it seems strange but i have a technical question for you....talking about steel forks....what are the biggest differences between a fork with the costruction "unicrown" (i.e. the Ritchey Logic front fork) and the ones, as you made for example, with a crown? Thank you very much and have a nice weekend!
    Ciao Nic
    to tell the truth I am not a great expert of unicrown fork, I have built a few forks , and almost for mtb, I remember that I have built some unicrown road forks but it was very difficult to remain within the parameters of standard length, however the main difference of the two methods is that in the case of unicrown construction the blades are joined directly with the column while in the classical method between the two parties there is interposed the fork crown, I'm not really able to give you an answer in terms of performance or feeling because I had in my hands very few of this unicrown forks , If there is any colleague that can help , is welcome.
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marcelia View Post
    Hi Dario,

I am curious about what mountain bikes you have built in the past and what you might build in the future. I have seen photos of Pegoretti bikes, both a hardtail and then and interesting looking one with all sorts of tube junctions, has there been demand for Pegoretti mountain bikes?

Thanks for any thoughts - I would love to have an aluminum Pegoretti 29er hardtail!

Marc

Ciao Marco,
    during the late 80 I have spend a lot of time and passion around the mountain bike frames , I was working still from Milani and we had a small team, then when I start to look at the first full-suspension frame I lost a bit of enthusiasm, was not my job , too much kinematics, and consumer interest toward the hardtail go down so at the beginning of 90 I stopped to building mtb frames.
    Today, looking at 29 or at the work of people like Steve Garro I confess that I think about the possibilities to do something, I have also talked a bit with columbus , maybe next year there will be something , i hope .
    ciao
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e-richie View Post
    ^ this.

And ps i have a hard time looking at all of this (in the industry) and not recalling the mike burrows/giant bicycles seed that was planted. It was a three-sizes-fits-all mentality, and that mindset has permeated all that we see and do. With time, i have begun to accept a small amount of slant as a fashion (2-3 degrees at most atmo...) but the rest of it offends whatever sense of style and history i still cling to. At the core, it seems like framebuilders now have to consider making designs to fit the available component market and its whims rather than making what is correct and rational and then assembling it to make the best fitting bicycle. Since the 90s, bicycles have gotten uglier and sexless atmo. A few weeks ago, i had a similar conversation with a journalist and, referring to the current state of things, he said (and i am paraphrasing...) most now look like birthday cakes with wheels.
    ^this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dario
    What does heat treating the tubes entail and what are the advantages?