Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegoretti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

my eyes refuse to watch them, maybe I'm too old?
    So am I ...
    un abrazo,
    Henrique Tono

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dario,

this is a delicate question and I have heard rumors I can not believe. I understand the set-back issue on your frames, I also do not like straight seatposts on road frames, but what is your opinion on Japanese fishing gear (aka Shimano) on your frames (my Pegoretti Marcelo is Dura Ace equipped, I have to confess, because all of my bikes have Shimano components and I am used to it).

I am just afraid to showing up im May and being discriminated because of that ;-)

Best

Martin
    BTW Day is done for me now, I just need to go out into the wood with the head lamp and the chainsaw to "kill" a tree for Christmas when the kids sleep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    And last thing,maybe someone understand that I do not like the straight post , my eyes refuse to watch them, maybe I'm too old?
    d
    nothing to do with age Dario, they hurt my eyes too.
    P
    Last edited by Paul; 12-13-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    i hate to pile on, but i couldn't agree more with this ^ ^ and believe it should be on a DP tee shirt atmo.
    forza dario.
    +1000

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by advineas View Post
    Dario,

this is a delicate question and I have heard rumors I can not believe. I understand the set-back issue on your frames, I also do not like straight seatposts on road frames, but what is your opinion on Japanese fishing gear (aka Shimano) on your frames (my Pegoretti Marcelo is Dura Ace equipped, I have to confess, because all of my bikes have Shimano components and I am used to it).

I am just afraid to showing up im May and being discriminated because of that ;-)

Best

Martin
    BTW Day is done for me now, I just need to go out into the wood with the head lamp and the chainsaw to "kill" a tree for Christmas when the kids sleep.
    Don't worry, you won't be discriminated at all. Many of us have sushi-equipped bikes :-), many others have a passion for Sram. In my opinion, Campy is the icing on the cake, but the link between us is the love for the Pegos, not the groupsets.
    You will be welcome, Martin. Feel free to ask me anything you need for your transfer to Pegoraduno.
    Cheers,
    -a.-

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ciao Enrico,
    If I design a geometry for a frame following the old rules, using the experience and knowledge that comes from the past, I will determine the correct seat angle for this frame and the seat will be placed in the middle position of the saddle rails , now if you replace the seatpost with a straight post you cannot find the same correct position relative to bb because the clamp on the seatpost is about 45 mm long and the linear part of rails is about 75 mm, so you can move back and foward with the saddle for +-17 mm , but the classic post have a seatback of 25 mm . The correct way, if you want to use a straight post , is to change the seat angle to compensate the lack of setback post but at this point is necessary to redesign all the frame geometry.
    And last thing,maybe someone understand that I do not like the straight post , my eyes refuse to watch them, maybe I'm too old?
    d
    Dario,
    This would seem to imply that after you take into account seat tube angle and saddle position (setback, mid rails), there is a sweet spot for saddle height. How do you get to that relation? Is it experience and knowing "where it's right" , or do you have a more mundane approach? If you do, where would you place that range on say a 51 cm frame?
    un abrazo,
    Henrique Tono

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Dario,

Just wanted to say thanks. I have two of your beautiful bikes. They make me smile.

Joe P. Seattle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htono View Post
    Dario,
    This would seem to imply that after you take into account seat tube angle and saddle position (setback, mid rails), there is a sweet spot for saddle height. How do you get to that relation? Is it experience and knowing "where it's right" , or do you have a more mundane approach? If you do, where would you place that range on say a 51 cm frame?
    Im confused, I thought the saddle setback was governed by the length of the rider's femurs and the saddle height the length of the riders legs? So, If the rider has short femurs and needs a straight seat post does that mean the frame has the wrong seat tube angle for that rider?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Dario,
    Just a quick word to say that reading your posts and this wonderful thread has been heartwarming and joyful. All the best!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by over-the-hill View Post
    Im confused, I thought the saddle setback was governed by the length of the rider's femurs and the saddle height the length of the riders legs? So, If the rider has short femurs and needs a straight seat post does that mean the frame has the wrong seat tube angle for that rider?
    Correct........this is one of those instances where fit and handling considerations cross over - not to mention aesthetics.

The rider needs the correct setback in relation to thigh length but also needs to be optimally placed in relation to the wheels so the bike handles correctly.

So, if the frame builder designs the geometry considering an additional 20mm setback provided by the seatpost with the saddle clamped at it's mid point, then a straight post will mess this up..............also they are very ugly

I guess you could argue that you could use a straight post and then move the saddle back as far as possible and still achieve the same position...........which is fair enough - but remember this is also about aesthetics!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by over-the-hill View Post
    Hi Dario
    Never heard of Brad Mehldau but I just watched him playing River Man on Podcast. Excellent. Im a big Nick Drake fan.
    'A Remark You Made' would be a good name for a frame especially as you are a Jaco fan.
    I completly agree with you, in my opinion the most beautiful Zawinul ballad , if I may add a second masterpiece, I think Three Views Of A Secret is the most beautiful Jaco composition .
    ciao
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Boy View Post
    Ciao Dario,

In one of your earlier posts you talked about your relationship with Pietro.
    As he has become such an important part of Pegoretti Cicli, I was just curious how the two of you came together - does Pietro have a long history in the bike industry like yourself?

grazie,
    paul
    I met Pietro about in 2000, he was the responsable of the framebuilders at san Patrignano, I had been asked to collaborate with the community to develop a frames production .
    I have to say that I was very lucky to meet Pietro and also many of the guys who worked in this department , some of them, that I will always remember with pleasure and even today we feel at the phone, had an incredible talent, those for welding, who for the filing or other jobs.
    You could understand immediately that Pietro was the leader, the point of reference , for its synthesis and its authoritativeness (not to be confused with authority), I worked with them for about 4 years, then Pietro came in pegoretti cicli, I think it was in 2005/6, I believe that this is his 15th year as 1 framebuilder and he is a "complete" framebuilder .
    ciao
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hate to pile on, but i couldn't agree more with this ^ ^ and believe it should be on a DP tee shirt atmo.
    forza dario.
    Jenny at Gita is already working on this idea, great idea!
    Forza Riccardo
    forza Jenny

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by advineas View Post
    Dario,

Best

Martin
    Martin, don't worry, all those who love cycling are welcome to the pegoraduno, the glue is the love for cycling .
    I believe that shimano build amazing products, functional, well designed, with a high technological content, but my eyes and my heart are important and go to the Campy direction , although I must say that in recent years, Campy has a little forgotten us , the framebuilder community, perhaps Campy forgot a little its roots.
    ciao D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Hey Dario,

Just wanted to say thanks. I have two of your beautiful bikes. They make me smile.

Joe P. Seattle.
    Grazie mille Joe , grazie mille.
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chakatrain View Post
    Hello Dario,
    Just a quick word to say that reading your posts and this wonderful thread has been heartwarming and joyful. All the best!
    grazie , grazie mille , it is a real pleasure to be here , i have great time.
    d

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dario - do you have an opinion for pegoretti bicycles with regard to top tubes and the horizon? none of yours appear
    to slope. is the reason commercial, aesthetic, engineering, or something else atmo? PS and big embraces from debra.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dario - do you have an opinion for pegoretti bicycles with regard to top tubes and the horizon? none of yours appear
    to slope. is the reason commercial, aesthetic, engineering, or something else atmo? PS and big embraces from debra.
    Riccardo carissimo,
    any technical question, or commercial reason, is only a matter of heart, I started building frames at level and I believe that my past has a value , my father-in-law taught me the basics of geometry and he made the frames in this way, at level. He fully deserves my respect and gratitude.
    And even in this case my eyes reddens looking at slooping frames , I can't find a good reason why I should follow or clone a thing that doesn't belong to me, follow a thing born from a thought of others without a good reason, the day that somebody will demonstrate the superiority of a slooping frame compared to one at level ,may be that I'll think about it, but at this moment I don't know any literature that proves that superiority.
    say a big thanks and an embrace to debra
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe someone knows that I'm very messy if I forget to answer a few questions, please, let me a ring, a big ring!!
    Thank you
    (d)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    Riccardo carissimo,
    any technical question, or commercial reason, is only a matter of heart, I started building frames at level and I believe that my past has a value , my father-in-law taught me the basics of geometry and he made the frames in this way, at level. He fully deserves my respect and gratitude.
    And even in this case my eyes reddens looking at slooping frames , I can't find a good reason why I should follow or clone a thing that doesn't belong to me, follow a thing born from a thought of others without a good reason, the day that somebody will demonstrate the superiority of a slooping frame compared to one at level ,may be that I'll think about it, but at this moment I don't know any literature that proves that superiority.
    say a big thanks and an embrace to debra
    d
    I love this. I just love it.
    GO!