Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Quote Originally Posted by takashi View Post
    Hi Dario,

Which of your paint schemes are your favorites? I ride a Love #3 Manovella and it is beautiful.

Thanks,

William
    Hi William, 
    thanks for the question, there is not a scheme that I can define preferred, there are schemes that for me have marked a point of reference, schemes that were a small step forward, the first was "occhi" for the use of something real and expressive as a part of the face, at the time was not usual, the technique of tracing of a picture in this scheme was to me a point of reference ."Baci" , was another important scheme for me, because it was very wild, asymmetrical, dirty.
    The first ciavete as it has meant for me full freedom in the use of color and phrases that maybe in most cases do not have a meaning for many but they have a precise meaning in my thoughts.
    Ciao
    D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dario,
    After five or six years of coveting, I bought one of your bikes this year; a responsorium in Catch the Spider. Keeping with the pain themed question: Do the visual designs that you came up with during the period of hospital visits and medical treatment evoke any particular emotions for you now? In the way that a certain song, or artist, can bring up very specific memories; both pleasant and painful, does the paint from that time do this to you? I can’t hear some of my favorite albums without being transported back in time, sometimes to places I’d rather not go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    "Baci" , was another important scheme for me, because it was very wild, asymmetrical, dirty.
    Dear Dario,

As I have already posted here I have a Marcelo with a Baci paintscheme. What this particular paintscheme means to me is taking things not too seriously. During the last seven years my wife have been very busy, with our three little sons, setting up and growing our business, me having another job that is very demanding and also rewarding and all the other things that make you feel sometimes like in a gigantic cage. I saw a Pegoretti the first time featured in a German mag, a Marcelo with the Baci paint, and being totally out of fashion (steel and wild paint - Germans do not get that;). I own Carbon bike, Aluminum ones, steel ones, many of them, my wife says too many. But I decided on a Pegoretti, because if fits not only perfectly as a bike, but also reminds me when I am riding it, that we still are young (all of us who have some passion and spirit still), we should enjoy the few moments in our busy life to live and think outside the box. Me having to wear a business suit from time to time, needing to be friendly to guests no question what, being a role model for my kinds and students (which is definitely the task I am not very good at) LET US BE A LITTLE BIT NON-CONFORMIST FROM TIME TO TIME - THIS IS WHAT MY PEGORETTI IN BACI MEANS TO ME.

I am looking forward to meeting you in May at the Pegoretti meeting.

All the best

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dario,

What type of paint do you use for something like the ciavete paintjobs? Are there any specific limitations or problems when it comes to painting with a brush instead of spraying?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Antonio carissimo,
    hope all is well , the duende tubeset is cold work strees relived , all the other tubesets of my tig welded frames are heat treated.
    take care
    d
    I wonder why Mosquito bikes say that the tubes used for the Duende are the same as the Marcelo (heat treated) and that the only difference between the two frames is the rear drop outs? I think they should update their info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by al415 View Post
    Hi Dario,
    After five or six years of coveting, I bought one of your bikes this year; a responsorium in Catch the Spider. Keeping with the pain themed question: Do the visual designs that you came up with during the period of hospital visits and medical treatment evoke any particular emotions for you now? In the way that a certain song, or artist, can bring up very specific memories; both pleasant and painful, does the paint from that time do this to you? I can’t hear some of my favorite albums without being transported back in time, sometimes to places I’d rather not go.
    Ciao
    I believe there is always a connection between what you do and what you feel, and we all fit facts or things or circumstances over the time, I can't say that the time spent during the  cancer treatment   was bad, of course I was scared, at certain times I tried pain, but if I have to be honest I think that  the positive part is more important than the negative part.
    When I watch a catch the spider or abvd I return back in time but i do not feel pain or fear, maybe there is a sense of happiness, almost a form of inner peace.
    Even in difficult time, I believe it is important to leave signs, and color schemes are seen in this sense, are signs that may be more or less personal, but all my color schemes are signs that i evoke or carry over time.
    D
    Last edited by Round; 12-08-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao
    "Even in difficult time, I believe it is important to leave signs, and color schemes are seen in this sense".
    D
    Grazie Dario, i tuoi telai sono meravigliosi, ma i tuoi insegnamenti non sono da meno, con quello che hai detto ho ufficialmente ricevuto il primo regalo di Natale. Un abbraccio.

Roberto

I translate what i said to Dario in italian, sorry if I wrote in Italian, usually I do not, but Dario said in my opinion a very important thing to understand, those that are collected and stored in your heart, ready to face the difficulties ... I wanted to thank you in my mother tongue, Italian:

Thanks Dario, your frames are wonderful, but your teachings are no less, with what you said I have officially received the first gift of Christmas. A hug.
    Last edited by ciofecca gialloblų; 12-08-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by al415 View Post
    Hi Dario,
    Al,
    Thank you publicly for the question that you did Dario.
    The answer that he gave you to me was really very useful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by advineas View Post
    Dear Dario,

As I have already posted here I have a Marcelo with a Baci paintscheme. What this particular paintscheme means to me is taking things not too seriously. During the last seven years my wife have been very busy, with our three little sons, setting up and growing our business, me having another job that is very demanding and also rewarding and all the other things that make you feel sometimes like in a gigantic cage. I saw a Pegoretti the first time featured in a German mag, a Marcelo with the Baci paint, and being totally out of fashion (steel and wild paint - Germans do not get that;). I own Carbon bike, Aluminum ones, steel ones, many of them, my wife says too many. But I decided on a Pegoretti, because if fits not only perfectly as a bike, but also reminds me when I am riding it, that we still are young (all of us who have some passion and spirit still), we should enjoy the few moments in our busy life to live and think outside the box. Me having to wear a business suit from time to time, needing to be friendly to guests no question what, being a role model for my kinds and students (which is definitely the task I am not very good at) LET US BE A LITTLE BIT NON-CONFORMIST FROM TIME TO TIME - THIS IS WHAT MY PEGORETTI IN BACI MEANS TO ME.

I am looking forward to meeting you in May at the Pegoretti meeting.

All the best

Martin
    Hi Martin, 
    you've caught the spirit of this color scheme, I remember when tour magazine asked me this frame,  leaving me the freedom to choose the color,  I had a moment of uncertainty, was about 2006, the question was :
    I can do  something " politically correct " or is a good idea to try to do something that tried to break a bit the scheme?
    Then I chose the second solution where the symmetries are nonexistent, the sign and the manual part of the drawing are predominant, I remember that at the end of the first part of the job it seemed to me that the result was  too clean, it seemed to me that something was missing, as if the rules were still predominant, for which I have soiled my hands with a charcoal and I soiled part of the  tubes to give a sense of "used", " lived " I must say that I still like very much.
    I'm happy that you will be in Italy in may, see you soon
    D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -HvA- View Post
    Dario,

What type of paint do you use for something like the ciavete paintjobs? Are there any specific limitations or problems when it comes to painting with a brush instead of spraying?
    Hi,
     I use the same colors that  i use with the spraygun, water colors, marker, pencil and charcoal,  the choice of marker is very important, is necessary  to verify the compatibility with the clearcoat, some marker react with the clearcoat ruining the work, in the use of brushes, the biggest problem is that the distribution of the  color is not uniform as the gun .
    color schemes, such as the ciavete , require multiple layers of clearcoat, and a good sandpaper   job of  to obtain a smooth result.
    Technically the process is very similar to paint on paper or canvas, the difficulty lies in the fact that the Paint on canvas is performed  on a flat surface where you can have a total vision during the work in progress, the tube is round and then during the process, we can have the view and control only a portion of the tube and we imagine the continuation of the work in other parts to get a nice balanced final result
    D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this discussion about paint schemes! My question is what to do after the frame is painted.

Dario, I asked your advice on “dressing” my Team NERAC Love #3 many years ago. You not only offered suggestions, you sent me beautiful bar tape:

So, now I face the same question with my Reponsorium:

I tried it on my own but feel there’s got to be better choices for saddle color, bartape, and even tires. What do you think I should do?

p.s. When I asked Dario’s advice on this, he told me I was the first. WTF? This man has a better eye than all of us put together!
    p.p.s. Dario, thank you for making these bikes. I love them both. They are very different in ride; but each feels completely familiar and capable.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Davids, put the wheelset of the love # 3 on the new frame and you will see what you need - skinwall tires - everything else black

All the best

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dario, thanks for getting smoked out, and thanks to all that make this happen. I have enjoyed many builders getting smoked. Dario and Tom Kellog were the two that I could not wait to see, now that they have both been through the ringers I can say AWESOME
    no questions just thanks for all you have done for cycling
    Sam Markovich

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    All this discussion about paint schemes! My question is what to do after the frame is painted.

Dario, I asked your advice on “dressing” my Team NERAC Love #3 many years ago. You not only offered suggestions, you sent me beautiful bar tape:

So, now I face the same question with my Reponsorium:

I tried it on my own but feel there’s got to be better choices for saddle color, bartape, and even tires. What do you think I should do?

p.s. When I asked Dario’s advice on this, he told me I was the first. WTF? This man has a better eye than all of us put together!
    p.p.s. Dario, thank you for making these bikes. I love them both. They are very different in ride; but each feels completely familiar and capable.
    Carissimo,
    Thanks for your words , I remember very well your bar tape , it is a uncommon color but match very well the colors of the nerac paint scheme , just for the record this color have a not well know name in italian , it is "pervinca".
    And for the colors , one day I find a nice book at B&N , it is "harmony of colors" , this is very helpful for me , really a nice book.
    Grazie a tutti č un vero piacere essere qui con voi.
    D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Dario, thanks for getting smoked out, and thanks to all that make this happen. I have enjoyed many builders getting smoked. Dario and Tom Kellog were the two that I could not wait to see, now that they have both been through the ringers I can say AWESOME
    Ciao Sam,
    Thanks to you , it is a really great pleasure to be here ,
    D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sam
    I learnt a lot from you on the Cervelo forum, it was sad to see you go. My other bike is still a Cervelo but I find myself always choosing the Pegoretti even though its 2.8 pounds heavier, except when its wet and salty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sam
    I learnt a lot from you on the Cervelo forum, it was sad to see you go. My other bike is still a Cervelo but I find myself always choosing the Pegoretti even though its 2.8 pounds heavier, except when its wet and salty outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Dario
    What effect does heat treating the tubes have? And, how is it done?
    Thanks
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just arrived at the shop , strongly reccomend .
    courtesy of Fabrizio e Federico
    d
    Attached Images Attached Images

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just arrived at the shop , strongly reccomend .
    courtesy of Fabrizio e Federico
    d

[X] gets it atmo -