Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting pictures Wiki

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Posting pictures Wiki

Can someone give a comprehensive " How to post pictures". Be kind as I am a computer illiterate.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Posting pictures

Hey Bill,

I'm not sure if this may have been covered elsewhere, but I'll try to give you a step-by-step tutorial in my reply here (take note of the red circles in the pictures below):

Step 1:

In replying to a post, "Go Advanced" to access picture posting tools.

01.jpg

Step 2:

You will now see the full set of editing tools. Go ahead and hit the "Attachment" icon.

02.jpg

Step 3:

The "Manage Attachments" window will pop-up. Click on the "Add Files" tab on the upper right corner of this window.

03.jpg

Step 4:

In the drop-down menu, click on "Select Files".

04.jpg

Step 5:

Locate the pictures on your computer. Remember you can select multiple picture files by holding down the Ctrl key (on your keyboard).

05.jpg

Step 6:

After you have selected the picture file(s), go ahead and "Upload Files".

06.jpg

Step 7:

It will take a moment before the files appear in the "Attachments" panel. Once they do, click "Insert Inline" to place them in the body of your post.

07.jpg

Step 8:

The attached picture(s) will look like the following in your post editing panel. Click on "Preview Post" at any time to see your draft.

08.jpg

Step 9:

If you need to add more pictures, find the "Manage Attachments" tab to re-launch the window.

09.jpg

I hope this helps, and I look forward to seeing pictures of your frames!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great tutorial.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to have to look at it close and figure out the way to link to my Picassa albums. I'm always having to delete old photos, which isn't good for threads when people search or go back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now if someone could explain how the "Advanced Search" function works, there would be no mysteries left in the world...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a picture icon right above where I'm typing this that will allow you to link to a image URL. If you put your mouse over it you will get a pop-up saying "Insert Image".

-Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    Now if someone could explain how the "Advanced Search" function works, there would be no mysteries left in the world...
    There's nothing to explain. Advanced Search does not work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a far easier way. Post the image somewhere, e.g. flickr. Then copy the URL of the photo. On flickr, you need to go to "View All Sizes" and right click inside the appropriately sized image to capture the URL. Click on the "Insert Image" link (to the right of the globe and to the left of the film strip) and paste in the URL.

Here's a photo I took earlier today:

More photos of this vehicle: "Art Car" at Art on the Avenue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the benefit of storing your images on websites like flickr, photobucket, etc. is that you can also link to the images elsewhere (on other forums, for example). Its less direct than posting directly here as an attachment, but much more versatile in the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I link to my Picasa pages it doesn't seem to work for me. Below I'll "insert image" and paste in the link to a photo. I tried but then deleted the post previously because it came up with a question mark. When I clicked on the question mark it took me to my photo though, offsite.

If anyone knows how I can fix this let me know. I'm already heavily entrenched in Picasa, and would not like to change to another photo server.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having the same issue, only it seems to be sizing. This is what happens when I try to link to a flickr image using the insert inline icon:

another try

Last edited by metalheart; 12-16-2011 at 12:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What i did the second try above was to right click on the image in flicker and select "copy image address" whereas the first try i did a manual copy of the URL and pasted it in .... mysteries

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Ryan View Post
    When I link to my Picasa pages it doesn't seem to work for me. Below I'll "insert image" and paste in the link to a photo. I tried but then deleted the post previously because it came up with a question mark. When I clicked on the question mark it took me to my photo though, offsite.

If anyone knows how I can fix this let me know. I'm already heavily entrenched in Picasa, and would not like to change to another photo server.
    Thanks!
    I hope this helps:

* "Go Advanced"

*Type at least 6 characters

*open up another tab (to picasa)

*find the (picasa) image you want to post

*Right click (control + click on mac) on the image you want

*Click on "view image" on the dialog box that appears

*Copy the URL at the top

*go back to VS tab

*click on the "insert image" icon

*paste URL into dialog box that appears

Should work. Basically, once you get the image to show it's own URL (image appears on it's own page alone) you've got the goods.

To recap in another way:

I went to this (your) page: https://picasaweb.google.com/1000872...82470846336930

I "right clicked" on the image, hit "view image" which opened up the image on it's own page and copied the URL from the top of the page.

This is the URL (of the picture) that I pasted into the "insert image" field for the image below:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-T...2/IMG_0046.jpg

This is the result:

Good luck. If you have any questions call me tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Tyler, let's see if this works.

Great! Thanks for the help. I knew I was close.
    Craig
    Last edited by Craig Ryan; 12-16-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pulling this thread from mothballs because I could use some help. I've been uploading from Flickr using the Manage Attachments function. Never could get it to upload directly from my computer using Browse. I often get an error message saying the image file size is too large, and I go back to Flickr and grab the link for the next smallest image. In a recent attempt it accepted one 500x500 image but rejected a second, presumably based on file size not dimensions.

How are you sizing your images on Flickr (or what method are you using in general) to upload large images into posts? Some people here have pics in posts that take up the entire message window...how'd ya do that?

I edit with Aperture and use the Share Command to send directly to Flickr. This method doesn't allow me to adjust file size. I must be missing something. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobonli View Post
    Pulling this thread from mothballs because I could use some help. I've been uploading from Flickr using the Manage Attachments function. Never could get it to upload directly from my computer using Browse. I often get an error message saying the image file size is too large, and I go back to Flickr and grab the link for the next smallest image. In a recent attempt it accepted one 500x500 image but rejected a second, presumably based on file size not dimensions.

How are you sizing your images on Flickr (or what method are you using in general) to upload large images into posts? Some people here have pics in posts that take up the entire message window...how'd ya do that?

I edit with Aperture and use the Share Command to send directly to Flickr. This method doesn't allow me to adjust file size. I must be missing something. Thanks for the help.
    Just grab the HTML/BBCode link and paste it in. That's all you need to do. You can adjust size in the dropdown box below.

Picture of Flickr on Flickr by Cody Wms, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. I get that. But if I go beyond 500x500, the Salon uploader complains that the file is too big. Or should I skip the uploader/Manage Attachments function and paste the HTML directly into the reply box?

For example, how did he get these images into the reply without it complaining about image size? http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum...tml#post495656
    Last edited by Bobonli; 03-27-2013 at 04:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMG_7372 by Dorman Cyclery, on Flickr

Just seeing if I can do it 'cause I'm an idiot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobonli View Post
    Yup. I get that. But if I go beyond 500x500, the Salon uploader complains that the file is too big. Or should I skip the uploader/Manage Attachments function and paste the HTML directly into the reply box?

For example, how did he get these images into the reply without it complaining about image size? http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum...tml#post495656
    Just paste the BBCode direct. VSalon won't complain about the picture size if its not on the server.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast