Thread: Jeans:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Jeans:

Quote Originally Posted by cody.wms View Post
    (they have more in stock, paging BillRick, cough, cough).
    Thanks, but I'm going to be in Raleigh week after next. That's all I'm a sayin . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pantsforum
    wth is this tarckbike
    anyway wranglers bros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ended up with a pair of Billy Reid x Levi's 511. I take back my rec for Brooks Brothers Levi's - the Cone White Oak denim is the stuff I remember from my early days. Awesome stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thinkin of the outlier slim dungarees a go. anyone have any? if so, what ya think?

not denim, but seem to fill the same slot.

future thanks for your ATMOs,

shaner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm seriously jonesing for Outlier pants right now. Not sure which ones I want though - maybe the OG 4-Season. The climbing pants look nice too.

I have a closet full of chinos that don't fit me. I need to donate them all and just get a pair or two of nice ones.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    I'm seriously jonesing for Outlier pants right now. Not sure which ones I want though - maybe the OG 4-Season. The climbing pants look nice too.

I have a closet full of chinos that don't fit me. I need to donate them all and just get a pair or two of nice ones.
    Go with the OG, it's the most versatile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a big fan of Imogene+Willie. Have one of the earlier pairs in a heavier denim, natural color, black, and a pair of duck cloth. Every pair of non-suit pants I own is from them.

This way for several reasons--I'm tall and skinny so buying unhemmed jeans works well. The heavier denim is INCREDIBLY strong. Short of yard work I wear them for everything, spot clean if they get dirty. Probably should wash them again, last time they were in the washing machine was over a year ago. Also they do not stretch, so save for having a muffin top for the first six months, they havent stretched any or changed shape in the last 2.5 years. Also nice that they are so dark, I can wear them to work on the weekends with a tie, dress up with a suit coat, or knock around in a t shirt.

I've never had a pair of pants I've liked as much as the I+Ws. I'll put up some pics later today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shanerpvt View Post
    thinkin of the outlier slim dungarees a go. anyone have any? if so, what ya think?

not denim, but seem to fill the same slot.

future thanks for your ATMOs,

shaner
    Do not have the Outlier dungarees but am quite happy with all my Outlier clothes.

I see where Filson now makes a Levis design here in the U.S. May give those a try some day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cantdog View Post
    I'm a big fan of Imogene+Willie. Have one of the earlier pairs in a heavier denim, natural color, black, and a pair of duck cloth. Every pair of non-suit pants I own is from them.

<snip>
    I've never had a pair of pants I've liked as much as the I+Ws. I'll put up some pics later today.
    Plus they're some of the nicest people around. I never wore out my first pair from 3 or so years ago and have barely broken in my second from a year ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just recently got a pair of Unbranded Denim UB201. They are 15oz raw denim. The company spend zero on ads and labeling so they sell for $80, instead of comparable denim priced at $200.

They are crazy stiff and not broken in at all, but they seem to be of good quality, only the test of time will truly determine that.

Just thought I'd share, seems to me to be a good buy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Justin, that sounds interesting, thanks.

I can't find the exact right jeans fit and was hoping someone might have a suggestion. I buy Levi's 514 34/34. They fit close to perfectly above the knee, but always feel too long in the leg...like there's too much material at my ankles. Also, I feel like they sit too low on my body. If I pull them up a few inches to where they feel right, they're smashing my crotch. Some quick googling tells me that's called front rise.

So, if I wanted 514's with more front rise and a little less baggy at the ankles, what should I be looking for? Not looking for skinny jeans, for what it's worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Levi 501 shrink to fit made in Egypt are as good as it gets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have four pair of $25 Wrangler's in rotation right now. I bought them from a place in the LC known affectionately as the "Mennonite Mall". I looked for a good six months and these are the only jeans I found that had enough rise while actually fitting over my quads and glutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SignatureJustin View Post
    Just recently got a pair of Unbranded Denim UB201. They are 15oz raw denim. The company spend zero on ads and labeling so they sell for $80, instead of comparable denim priced at $200.

They are crazy stiff and not broken in at all, but they seem to be of good quality, only the test of time will truly determine that.

Just thought I'd share, seems to me to be a good buy.
    Saw them in person. They looked legit.

Justin, please report back after they break in.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just going to say it. Not washing jeans for months is creepy. I've got a stack of 501s that get beat to hell and washed as needed. They are disposable yo not some stupid museum piece. I did pop for some I&W so that I had something a weee bit more stylish for low key date night and hanging with Chase and Co. (tm). The I&W are not small coin jeans and the folks who work there could not possibly be more accomodating. They went over the top to size me and still I ended up having to exchange them. Great people, great jeans but trust me I'm going to gently wash them as needed and I'm definately NOT going to change the oil in my pickup truck while wearing $200 effin' dollar jeans. When did hipsters get rich? Did I miss something? Again, respect to the I&W because these are super sweet and I'll love them long time but the marketing would lead one to believe that you should be rolling in creek beds while wearing TWO HUNDRED FREAKIN DOLLAR jeans (wait for it) really? You see, this is what happens when old gas bags like me buy clothing ment for well heeled 20 somethings. Oy Ve. Shoot me now.
    For the record I totally dig the I&W brand and they are not skinny jeans. Chase you taking notes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chase I need your help here. I cannot find a pair of jeans to fit. I need something to fit my big ass and big legs, but not be too big in the waist. Most stuff is 2-3" too big in the waist once I get the rest of me in there. I really do not like wearing a belt, so I need something that isn't going to fall off me once I wear it for a couple of hours. I only need to have them for the occasional off island trip. These will not be worn in the home area code.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheEllipse View Post
    Justin, that sounds interesting, thanks.

I can't find the exact right jeans fit and was hoping someone might have a suggestion. I buy Levi's 514 34/34. They fit close to perfectly above the knee, but always feel too long in the leg...like there's too much material at my ankles. Also, I feel like they sit too low on my body. If I pull them up a few inches to where they feel right, they're smashing my crotch. Some quick googling tells me that's called front rise.

So, if I wanted 514's with more front rise and a little less baggy at the ankles, what should I be looking for? Not looking for skinny jeans, for what it's worth.
    Levi's used to have plenty of rise...they cheaped on material and seam allowance and now it's gone. Like you, I'm a "long rise" guy...very long in the waist. I wear Levis 505's in 32x34 and have the same problem you do. But what the heck..they're jeans and they're 49 bucks. 200 dollars for jeans is just beyond me. A necktie? Sure. Jeans? Non! YMMV.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    Chase I need your help here. I cannot find a pair of jeans to fit. I need something to fit my big ass and big legs, but not be too big in the waist. Most stuff is 2-3" too big in the waist once I get the rest of me in there. I really do not like wearing a belt, so I need something that isn't going to fall off me once I wear it for a couple of hours. I only need to have them for the occasional off island trip. These will not be worn in the home area code.
    Chase passed out after hearing the truth about skinny jeans. Needs a moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--still like'n my 501's...
    guess i still like shredded wheat with bananas too..

ronnie