User Tag List

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1342

Thread: Help losing 20 lbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Help losing 20 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by dhoff View Post
    I cannot imagine what it would be like to be 137.
    me neither. Must be nice, being able to hover.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So digging in again, was at 210 a week ago, now 205, goal is 190.
    [email protected]

Fundamentally the marksmen aims at himself.
    -Zen in the Art of Archery

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my story, and shame, are not unique.

Want to get back downtown about 180'ish.

Mid-summer I was at 187, things were looking good. Rode my last planned event of the year in August, and with work and what not since then I seem to have done not enough riding, too much eating and now sitting at 196.

I am not 100% sure but I think that is going the wrong direction and I'm pissed off, at me, for doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Down 21 pounds. 185.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stumbling around the VSalon on a slow day at work, I could use a little motivation..

My Story: From a high of 285 in 2007, down to a low of 197 this last crit season, I'm not back up to 213.2 this morning after spending the last 9 months having my own pregnancy cravings instead of my wife having them. 'Nesting' and getting everything ready kept me off the bike, and a few stupid injuries due to stupid crashes, to boot.

Now I'd like to see 197 again, but more, get back on track to a goal of 165... and to get rid of the 'hate handles' muffintopping over my jeans..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am at 210 today. Not where I want to be, but feeling REALLY good. Yoga and some riding and I am getting ready to start hitting it again. Just took a little over a month off the bike after my last race of the season.
    [email protected]

Fundamentally the marksmen aims at himself.
    -Zen in the Art of Archery

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finished the turkey dinner. Didn't go back for seconds and I skipped the pumpkin pie!

I'm sticking to my winter goal !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only single serving thanksgiving for me.. 211.8..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've lost 80ish pounds over the last 2 years. i did it by riding my bike and removing 1 thing from my diet. i went from 232 to 158 today. I still get to eat as much of whatever I want, ride hard, and lose weight. Happiness is great! My weight loss is not typical but, man, am I happy! It may not be the weight loss plan for everyone, but it worked so perfect for me. PS, I ate 3 servings at Thanksgiving and covered everything with gravy....i mean EVERYTHING. you know what i removed from my diet? alcohol. bye, bye, empty calories.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I badly want to "like" that, but dayumn - Irish Cream is delicious.

Regardless, congrats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't partake in the Irish Cream, but I've found other "emerald" hued plants i enjoy.

80 lbs, dude. 80.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Have to say, riding won't do it. This is a war that is won in the kitchen and almost only in the kitchen.
    Usually eating vegan for lunch these days. I'll eat one or two desserts usually and plenty of fruit throughout the day so I feel plenty satisfied. Cappuccinos are good too. Most days have salad though I don't worry as much about getting a large volume of fiber anymore. Weight and I guess what you could call "bloatedness" are steady... Thanksgiving kinda changed up my habits but having the time to do physical activity 4/5 days that weekend was good...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
    i've lost 80ish pounds over the last 2 years. i did it by riding my bike and removing 1 thing from my diet. i went from 232 to 158 today. I still get to eat as much of whatever I want, ride hard, and lose weight. Happiness is great! My weight loss is not typical but, man, am I happy! It may not be the weight loss plan for everyone, but it worked so perfect for me. PS, I ate 3 servings at Thanksgiving and covered everything with gravy....i mean EVERYTHING. you know what i removed from my diet? alcohol. bye, bye, empty calories.
    Way earlier in this thread, a guy asked about losing 20 lbs fast/reasonably. One of the items I posted back was "No booze. Ever". Some harumphed at that...but if the point is to drop the intial weight off..then yeah..no booze. Ever. Once you're in trim and maintaining it through diet/exercise..then very moderate booze is doable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems to be the only thread that holds some interest for me around here lately......gotta get a few lbs off over the next month. Last season 132lbs/4.4% was the lightest I got, most of the time I was around 134, it worked out pretty well, 2012 was a good season for me. For you new guys I was at 205 at least about 15 years ago, I got into this thread back in the beginning, went from 157 to 137...secrets? No booze (haven't had any for the last 4 yrs), no sweets, almost never have meat, but do have fish, eggs, dairy, lots of fruit and veggies...oh yeah and I ride quite a bit. Very cool catching up with the others in here, it's never easy but can be done, set your mind to it and stick with it.

I'm at 143.4/5.3 this morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here we go, 143.3/6.3

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom, You should come down to Westchester and we kick off the diet with a pastry ride to get it out of the system. First we ride over to the Spoon in Nyack and get a heavy Gingerbread cookie with frosting. Next we ride back to Bronxville to Chantily and chow some macaroons or madeleines. Finally, we go over to Greenwich to Meli Melo for some mille-feuille with an espresso. Afterwards, we roll into signature cycles and tell them we don't feel well and hate ourselves.
    Douglas

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    First we ride over to the Spoon in Nyack and get a heavy Gingerbread cookie with frosting. Next we ride back to Bronxville to Chantily and chow some macaroons or madeleines.
    Tom's a strong cyclist, but he isn't Jesus. Unless you're aware of a route I'm not? Surely you're not suggesting the GWB?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bronxville to GWB to Nyack out and back, then off to Greenwich. A century worth of riding to burn the calories.

I don't want to ride the GWB to Nyack often, but once a while as a reminder of how fortunate I am to live outside in Westchester and pity the poor souls who do it every weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there, as long as we don't talk about LA, LeMond as UCI prez, doping in the pristine world of pro sports or race fixing......oh wait a minute, what would we talk about? Just give me a big latte and some elephant ears and I'll be good for 120 miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    I don't want to ride the GWB to Nyack often, but once a while as a reminder of how fortunate I am
    Every weekend for 8 years. I don't need any reminder. :)