Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Outspoken Cyclist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Outspoken Cyclist

If you didn't hear it, my interview with Chris Kvale was so much fun. He's an interesting guy! The Outspoken Cyclist – 10/22/2011 « WJCU. I learned A LOT about stainless steel from Joe McCrink, production manager at KVA Stainless too! KVA STAINLESS? - MS2? Bicycle Tubing - Stainless Steel Tubing, Bicycle Tubing

This week it's GROOVY CYCLES with Rody actually coming in to the studios so we get to talk face-to-face. We also have Maynard Hershon to regale us with one of his fabulous cycling stories. It's going to be another GREAT Outspoken Cyclist show. Don't miss it! Saturday, October 29th 5:30pm EDT

what a great job I have!

TOC
    Last edited by The Outspoken Cyclist; 10-24-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Department of "I don't know which end is up" comes this bulletin - Groovy Cycles' Rody will be on the show NOVEMBER 5TH, not this week as previously and erroneously posted <sigh> Maynard will be on this week, as promised, as will Ron Burzese - a blind stoker who is involved in the very cool organization that matches sight impaired cyclists with able captains. More info: Bicycling Blind | Connecting blind cyclists with sighted pilots.

I promise, this is the REAL show for this week. (OW - she says as she smacks herself on the forehead.)

TOC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The outspoken Cyclist would like to thank VS for the birthday wishes! THANK YOU! Oh, and this week on our show, the one, the only

GROOVY Cycles! Listen in and listen up! Saturday, November 5th! The Outspoken Cyclist « WJCU

AND, wait for it..... Jim Ochowicz - oh yeah!

TOC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tune in this week... it's going to be GROOVY Home as we interview Rody Walter, probably one of the busiest people I've ever met! Then we head on out to Palo Alto and catch up with Jim Ochowicz. He's going to talk about his new book The 7-Eleven Team... (VeloPress: Endurance Sports and Fitness Books)

It's a fun-filled hour of cycling information, talk, news, and chat! Join us The Outspoken Cyclist « WJCU - streaming live at 5:30pm, podcast at 6:30pm EST. Then TURN BACK YOUR CLOCKS!

:-)

Diane

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you missed me? Well, perhaps I can make it up to you. This week? STEVE GARRO! Yeppers... the one, the only! Tune in to The Outspoken Cyclist - Saturday evening, 5:30pm EST streaming live or 6:30pm to download the podcast.

The Outspoken Cyclist « WJCU

Just to catch you up - last week we interviewed Gary Helfrich - what a COOL dude! Smart as hell too... learned a lot from him!

So, hope you're preparing for a nice holiday... the show will air Thanksgiving week at its usual time with another great story from Maynard Hershon and an interview with Chef to the Star Athletes, Biju Thomas when he talks about his new book, The Feed Zone Cookbook. Yummy stuff!

Til next time - that is all.

TOC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really enjoyed my interview with Steve Garro! He's a very cool dude! If you missed it, here's the link:

The Outspoken Cyclist – 11/19/2011 « WJCU

Enjoy!

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Outspoken Cyclist View Post
    Really enjoyed my interview with Steve Garro! He's a very cool dude! If you missed it, here's the link:

The Outspoken Cyclist – 11/19/2011 « WJCU

Enjoy!
    the garro interview funkgin rocked atmo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great interview with Garro

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Outspoken Cyclist would like to wish the V-salonistas HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Enjoy our show this Saturday with Maynard Hershon and Chef Biju Thomas.

"BURP"!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TOC this week interviews Charles Pelky - attorney, journalist, and the ex-technical editor of Velo News. As his friend Patrick O'Grady from Whipping post « Mad Blog Media says: "Charles Pelkey is one of those Renaissance types who seem to gravitate toward cycling." According to his bio, Renaissance-Man barely describes him and his amazing contributions to our sport.

I will also be talking with the authors of "Tucson Spokes", a newly published book about the Tucson Cycling Community.

Join me this Saturday, December 10th at 5:30pm EST or download the podcast at 6:30PM The Outspoken Cyclist « WJCU

Thanks for listening!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, we have another awesome frame builder on The Outspoken Cyclist « WJCU this week. Dave Kirk from Kirk Frameworks Custom Bicycles will be my guest this Saturday, December 17th at 5:30pm EST. We will also be talking with Kate O'Reilly of About | ARTCRANK - an organization that brings local artists, bicycling, and non-profits together in "poster art events"... sounds like fun to me!

Grab your favorite adult beverage, pull up an easy chair, and tune in...

TOC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to thank everyone who has graced The Outspoken Cyclist in 2011! I wish everyone at VS a great holiday season... hope you have many great miles of riding in 2012.

Happy Holidays All.

Diane

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our New Year's Eve Show will feature Carl Strong (Strong Frames | Home), a wrap-up of 2011, and in the tradition of our 2011 NYE show, Greg will turn the mics around and interview me again.

I'd like to thank Richard Sachs and Josh Simonds for allowing me the space on VS. It is a privilege and an honor.

Happy New Year to all - I wish you peace, health, happiness, and great riding in 2012!

Diane

PS - if you want to hear The Outspoken Cyclist on a local station in your area, please let me know. The show is available for local broadcast to non-commercial stations; we will "set you up!" D.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back at you Diane. We really are the lucky ones to have your attention. You give good radio.

I'm really looking forward to hearing Carl S. talk. He is a quiet riot, getting it done without much fanfare.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Afternoon Salonistas!

Sorry I've been AWOL lately... hope you are listening to the show anyway. It's been quite a busy few weeks at Hubbub Custom Bicycles, The Path to Fit Perfection, Cleveland, Ohio as well as The Outspoken Cyclist.

This week I am pleased to present my interview with Patrick Brady of Red Kite Prayer along with another talk show host, Boaz Frankel - who has a video/sound studio wrapped in a cargo bike (by Metrofiets) that he pedals all over Portland in search of great on-the-road interviews. His first 4 episodes are on his blog Pedal Powered Talk Show

Next week, join me for an interview with Frankie Andreu - bicycle talk radio doesn't get much better than this.

From the sort-of-winter-sort-of-not NE in Ohio - thanks for listening. The Outspoken Cyclist 5:30pm EST - streaming from your computer OR 6:30pm download the podcast (from the station, on iTunes, or to your smart phone via Stitcher) The Outspoken Cyclist « WJCU

Diane

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just listened to my interview with Mr. Rock Lobster hisself.. Paul Sadoff.

Wanna' hear? It here - The Outspoken Cyclist – 02/11/2012 « WJCU

Enjoy and, if you are heading out to 2012 NAHBS | North American Handmade Bicycle Show | 2012 NAHBS | #NAHBS - see ya' there!

Diane
    The Outspoken Cyclist

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Outspoken Cyclist View Post
    Just listened to my interview with Mr. Rock Lobster hisself.. Paul Sadoff.

Wanna' hear? It here - The Outspoken Cyclist – 02/11/2012 « WJCU

Enjoy and, if you are heading out to 2012 NAHBS | North American Handmade Bicycle Show | 2012 NAHBS | #NAHBS - see ya' there!

Diane
    The Outspoken Cyclist
    ^ ^
    It's a must hear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good afternoon Vsalonitas;

Tried to post this a couple of days ago, but the post got lost and I ran out of time.

Had an awesome interview with Nick Czerula - photographer extraordinaire. He recently published a beautiful, coffee table book titled "Richard Sachs - Bike Maker". HIGHLY recommend that you get one of these for your personal library. No on line version would do it justice! Richard Sachs

Also on my show this week - Andy Clarke, President of the LAB who helped me wrap-up the National Bike Summit (although that topic will come up quite a few more times over the next few weeks, if only briefly) and Tony Eberhardt. Tony coaches the University of New Hampshire road cycling team, is about to open a camp for kids to learn about cycling this summer and has some terrific things to say about track racing.

It's all on my show, The Outspoken Cyclist at The Outspoken Cyclist « WJCU

Listen on line, download to your I-device via iTunes, or get the mobile app for smart phones at stitcher.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Diane,

Just catching up with a few of your shows. The Jens Voigt story on Alpe d'Huez was a great way to start my day.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you didn't hear the show Saturday, you might still be interested in downloading the podcast!

Discussions this week - John Campo(cat) - including some of his music... and Bill Humphreys with The Jersey Project. Next week, Jock Boyer and Team Rwanda, Renold Yipsan, and a bit about the New Amsterdam Bike Show.

Don't forget to "like" the Outspoken Cyclist on Facebook too!

The Outspoken Cyclist « WJCU ... there's the link - no excuses! :-)

Enjoy a great week.

TOC

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast