Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Slippahs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Slippahs

I don't expect Chase to get this. I wear sandals pretty much every day. I can't wear the cheap zoris from Longs Drugs. I need a good pair under foot. My brother asked me what would be the biggest change if I ever moved back to the mainland, I told him, wearing shoes. This is the first that I have heard of these. I will have to go and try some on. Good to see someone making stuff here.

Perfect fit - Hawaii Features - Staradvertiser.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Slippahs

I get it. I don't mind sandals on the beach or by the pool. Wait, can I have deck shoes?

I don't live in a place where a sane person would walk around in sandals. Based on my subway ride this morning, there are a disproportionate number of crazy people in New York City. My only real hangups are 1. the city is dirty (fact) 2. feet are gross (atmo) and 3. never in a restaurant. If 1 and 2 are not an issue, and 3 can be avoided, I say go for it.

The sandals you linked look nice. Besides, you live in paradise, so screw the rules.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those sandals look great.

Now about the boat shoes... is it possible to wear boat shoes in the midwest without looking like a dandy? I mean, a 15' Lund is a boat but not the sort of boat that one wears boat shoes aboard. If I lived in Maine, definitely. But in Minnesota I have mixed feelings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boat shoes are A-OK in Saugatuck.

I wore sandals to a restaurant last night. Then again, it is that kind of place. Pretty damn nice chunk of ahi I had though....mmmm. Ahi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm torn on the subject. I hate sandals. I live in Fort Lauderdale - yes, I know I need a pair of deck shoes, but the hipsters have ruined them here. I really don't like being barefoot in my house either for some reason, so sometimes I have to wear sandals around the house. I recently got a pair of Birkenstocks for primary home and yard use. I'm happy with them so far, but I don't think I'll be traveling outside the neighborhood in them anytime soon. I'm almost always in shoes when I leave the yard. I really wish I was a sandal person - it would make my feet so much cooler (literally) though these horrible hot months.

Oh yeah - my point. If I was to get a pair of slippers for the house and I lived in a colder climate - I'd get these Thurlow Thurmocs - Deerskin slippers
    THURMOCS AMERICAN DEERSKIN SLIPPERS :: HICKOREE'S HARD GOODS

Lastly - I thought this would be about real slippers - no sandals and leaving the house - hence my need to post actual slippers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just ordered those Thurmocs right from the company that makes them, Sullivan Glove. I'll probably wind up wearing them way too much in the wrong situations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If wearing those deerskin slippers is wrong I don't want to be right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    yes, I know I need a pair of deck shoes, but the hipsters have ruined them here.
    You still wear a cycling cap when it rains, right?
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    I don't expect Chase to get this. I wear sandals pretty much every day. I can't wear the cheap zoris from Longs Drugs. I need a good pair under foot. My brother asked me what would be the biggest change if I ever moved back to the mainland, I told him, wearing shoes. This is the first that I have heard of these. I will have to go and try some on. Good to see someone making stuff here.

Perfect fit - Hawaii Features - Staradvertiser.com
    island slipper is da kine. been wearing for years. used ot buy them at liberty house or on maui or that shoe place next near long's on the way there. very comfortable. IMHO stick with the basic model rubber footbed. the island's with leather footbeds not much heel padding.

for mainland slippahs....chaco flip hands down. great arch and super durable soles...

somethign funkier? keen yogui. get past the looks. these things feel great all day and have toe protection. crocs on steroids with vibram soles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    You still wear a cycling cap when it rains, right?
    Enabler.

Blue Sperry's coming my way.