Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wallets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Wallets

I have been using his newest floded wallet for a few weeks and it is all that and a bag of chips. If you are a minimalist sort of guy this works. One of the coolest things about this is that the wallet is made from one single piece of leather, no sewn seams. Also, the leather is very hard, thin and slick making for a wallet that practically hides in your pocket.

Color me impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Goodrich View Post
    I've been using a new wallet from NISKO LEATHER

I really like it. Full disclosure- the maker is a pal and customer of mine. What I really like is the minimalist design, the quality of leather and the colors. Mike is doing things to create color that one only sees in high end men's shoes from places like Berluti and Corthay. Give them a look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's the best looking wallet I've seen. Do y'all have the thicker or thinner leather? I'm rather intrigued.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Dustin View Post
    I think that's the best looking wallet I've seen. Do y'all have the thicker or thinner leather? I'm rather intrigued.
    I'm not sure what you mean. I don't know if there's options about the thickness of the leather. I do know that horsehide varies in thickness a great deal. I've handled many of them and own two of the horsehide wallets. One is thick-ish and the other is thin. I like them both. Give Mike an email and I bet he can better answer your questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, it's just the cowhide that has 2 options for thickness. I really like that. And the fact that it's natural makes me want it even more. Love the personality that natural leather takes on over time.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

il bisonet. I own a front pocket wallet and it has patina'ed exqusitely. These wallets should be $400.

Man's Bi-Fold Wallet in Leather C437 color Natural - IlBisonte.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My last trip to Europe I purchased a front pocket minimalist thinking I'd switch back when I came home. Nope, I'm keeping this, and at $14 I can afford a spare. It holds all I really need to carry. I've gotten used to it in my front pocket, and no longer have to adjust for the slight bulge--and I always used a thin wallet, in the back pocket while sitting long stretches on a hard chair.
    Amazon.com: Travelambo Front Pocket Minimalist Leather Slim Wallet RFID Blocking Medium Size(crazy horse green): Clothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve owned one of these Sterling - Billfold Wallet with 6 C/C | Ettinger London for 6 years and it still looks new. It’s held up to a few trips around the world and a few in the washing machine. Expensive but perhaps the last wallet I buy.
    Rick

If the process is more important than the result, you play. If the result is more important than the process, you work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/thread revival
    (this appeared to be the latest one with posts)

I saw this video and thought this might be a good on-the-bike wallet to put in a jersey pocket (if you can get over the name).
    Manhattan Portage Coin Purse

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got two of these: Coin Wallet, Coin Purse Wallet, Wallet Coin Purse

Ding ding grab the brass ring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Just got two of these: Coin Wallet, Coin Purse Wallet, Wallet Coin Purse

Ding ding grab the brass ring.
    Rubber Ring.....

33012_oval_squeeze_coin_purse.2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grandson-in-law works at Holtz Leather so I get my leather goods there. Great family-owned business, super nice folks.

They have a selection of "Man Cave" items: Man Cave & Gear - Holtz Leather

And lots of wallets: Mens Wallets - Handcrafted Fine Leather Wallets - Holtz Leather Co.

I want one like this:

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 7.18.35 AM.jpg

At $65, it won't break the bank, leaves me more money to buy watches, knives, bartape, jerseys, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have experience with Bellroy?

I like these thin, thoughful designs, but haven't seen one in the flesh.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Anyone have experience with Bellroy?

I like these thin, thoughful designs, but haven't seen one in the flesh.
    I had one. It was decent enough for a bifold. Nice and soft, though it did show signs of wear after a bit. Then I moved to the fairly minimalist Slimmy wallet:

Slimmy OG Slim Wallet - 3-Pocket (73mm) - Black - RFID EDC – bolstr(R) - Pocket Research

I loved it...until I decided to try going even more minimalist. Enter the Flowfold:

Minimalist - Card Holder Wallet - Flowfold

$15 bucks, holds everything I actually need, and mine shows hardly any signs of wear after roughly 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how long I've had my Saddleback, but it's still going strong with no durability issues. Maybe 8 or 9 years now? Heard about them here on vSalon, have given several as gifts and everyone (who wants a small slim wallet) loves them.

I've got this one :: Leather Wallet | Men's Bifold | Saddleback Leather
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HuMn RFID Wallets for Men & Women | RFID Blocking & Protection Wallets – HuMn Wallet

I have one of these anti-RFID thingys. I figure theft of information is an externality you can't get around in this day and age, so I don't fret it much, but my mom gave me the wallet and it works well. Really slim, fairly light, and I was skeptical but the elastic does truly keep it all together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone mentioned G Ettinger (full disclosure - I have known the family for a long time). Although a gentleman should never sit on his wallet, they also do smaller items, and if you just need a couple of bank cards, a business card or two, and a bit of cash, they are very good quality and if you are casually dressed you can carry in the front pocket of your jeans. If you are at a smarter function, they do slim jacket wallets which can hold maybe 6 cards, a couple of nifty fifties, and will not affect your elegant silhouette.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@davids I have the Bellroy and it's real good. It was me who recommended the Saddleback several ages ago. I carried that for a few years however it never compacted. The darn things are made so well and durable that they defy wear!

Bellroy are overpriced yet they deliver a high quality product so you won't regret spending too much. ouch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    @davids I have the Bellroy and it's real good. It was me who recommended the Saddleback several ages ago. I carried that for a few years however it never compacted. The darn things are made so well and durable that they defy wear!

Bellroy are overpriced yet they deliver a high quality product so you won't regret spending too much. ouch.
    FWIW, my Saddleback wallet (purchased on your recommendation) has compacted somewhat and has curved to conform to the shape of my butt. It is still thicker than I’d like. But the quality is absurd. They’re not exaggerating when they say the next generation will squabble over their products. None of the stitching is broken and only the upper fold is showing any wear at all, and it is very minimal.

Mine carries a total of five cards and some cash; three debit/credit cards, a thinner drivers license and my insurance card, which is very thin.

I wish it were a bit thinner. I think it would still be a 20-year product instead of a 50-year product and 20 years from anything is value for money. I’d buy it again but like yourself, I do wish it were a bit less stout.

I would rate it a 9.9/10 over all and the only reason I can’t award it a Nadia Comānici 10 is this extra thickness. It is actually too good.
    La Cheeserie!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast