Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Three Questions for chasea

Love this sub-forum.
    Curious minds want to know:
    1. Which character do you identify the most with from Hotel Babylon, and why?
    2. If I visit NYC, is the map on the sole of my To Boot New York's reliable?
    3. Do you have the Ritz credo card memorized?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Three Questions for chasea

Quote Originally Posted by coloclimber View Post
    Love this sub-forum.
    Curious minds want to know:
    1. Which character do you identify the most with from Hotel Babylon, and why?
    2. If I visit NYC, is the map on the sole of my To Boot New York's reliable?
    3. Do you have the Ritz credo card memorized?
    1. Never seen the show, but it looks promising. Based on the character reviews on the website, I'm going to say Tony. Okay, I didn't actually read any of the other reviews, but I like Dexter Fletcher.

"Tony Casemore (played by Dexter Fletcher, Layer Cake)
    Tony is 37 and married with children, but with his hours behind the Concierge desk, he doesn’t see them much. He’s the go-to man. He can get anything, from anywhere, within 24 hours. An effortless charmer, Tony’s goal is to raise enough in tips over the next few years to retire at forty-four — an even greater incentive to give the guests everything they want."

I don't have kids. And I haven't been in the biz that long. But considering that in 2007 I was lugging bags for bucks, and in 2010 I was a trusted employee of a royal family, I will say that I am interested in seeing how far this will get me. Not money, mind you. It comes easily here, and goes even easier. But I hope the relationships I'm establishing now pay off for me in the future. "The Art of good business is being a good middleman. Welcome to the layer cake." Besides, I love weird gigs. When I sit down with my grandkids for story time, I'm not going to believe some of the shit they'll tell me I did.

2. Keep your shoes on here. Locals pride themselves on knowing everything. Exploit that.

3. Never worked at a Ritz. And I'm currently out of hotels, working for a private concierge firm. Hotels are a dirty, dirty business. I prefer to keep my hands clean(ish).
    (phone rings)
    I'm sorry. I'm gonna have to take this.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Three Questions for chasea

Great answers.
    Hotel Babylon streams on netflix. If you havent seen it- its worth watching a few episodes for Tony and Charlie. But you strike me as a Tony from what I have read.

I can't get enough of those To Boot shoes.

Keep the great posts coming. Thanks.