User Tag List

Page 8 of 146 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you cooking for dinner this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Korean style ribs in the pressure cooker last night:

Country style pork ribs

Marinade of Dales seasoning, http://www.dalesseasoning.com/product.asp, ground ginger, crushed red pepper, brown sugar, and fresh green onion.

Browned in the cooker and then pressure cooked for 15'.

Only problem was I didn't make enough. The dales seasoning is a southern thing. I went 23 years without it and regret every one. The guy brought back a recipe from Korea after WWII and it's the shit on steaks, burgers, and especially pork.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's the dealio with Coucous?

It rocks my fast food world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not for dinner tonight- but proven to get lucky- I made my famous Power Protein Chocolate Biscotti for my wife this morning.

PM me for a recipe and send a blood sample just thats what its going to take.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Get Your Coucous On

In my kitchen, coucous is a nice side to add some flava. Chicken stock, tomato and onion... Your spice of choice...I like cajun, but it's yur gig. Mesquite is nice, also.
    Best part, super quick. A quick and easy side.

The center-of-the-plate protein can be a little down-sized, but build the flavors with salads and veg and starch.

A boneless chicken breast with cajun spice, grilled asparagus, corn on the cob, New Orleans coucous is a meal.

Cali Pinot Noir to compliment the cajun.

There it is...New Orleans Chicken with Cajun Vegetables and Coucous. You'll knock-em-dead.
    Bon soir.

Edit...when I say down-size, I mean, you're bike riders, and are looking for a lower fat, but full flavor, quality meal.
    HH
    Last edited by RIHans; 11-09-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

last night we made grilled veal chops with a port wine cranberry cheater sauce reduction and a side or risotto. gf opened up my last bottle of amarone. meal was fantastic. i forgot to take photos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gt6267a View Post
    last night we made grilled veal chops with a port wine cranberry cheater sauce reduction and a side or risotto. gf opened up my last bottle of amarone. meal was fantastic. i forgot to take photos.
    Two demerits for no pic. and break even for killing a really nice bottle over a meal, nice.

RIHans, that big grain couscous...I forgot to add the saffro WHAT A SPACE CASE however did go with cardomon and pepper and plopped the salmon ontop. The fish was done under my version of a salamander...a brick to get it closer with salt and honey...than I wrap it, cool and reheat slowly next day. For some reason the fish comes out wicked tender. It was an "ah ha" moment the first time.

OH! toasty hot pecan pie was dessert...don't ask me why. We were camping so anything goes ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gt6267a View Post
    Two demerits for no pic. and break even for killing a really nice bottle over a meal, nice.

RIHans, that big grain couscous...I forgot to add the saffron WHAT A SPACE CASE however did go with cardomon and pepper and plopped the salmon ontop. The fish was done under my version of a salamander...a brick to get it closer with salt and honey...than I wrap it, cool and reheat slowly next day. For some reason the fish comes out wicked tender. It was an "ah ha" moment the first time.

OH! toasty hot pecan pie was dessert...don't ask me why. We were camping so anything goes ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 3 sisters stew

A thanksgiving themed meal tonight. in native american mythology squash, beans, and corn are the 3 sisters.
    bake a large squash @ 450 for about an hour.
    prepare some garlic and vidalia onion in some olive oil.
    add some corn, red bell pepper, some green chile, pinto or cannellini beans, the baked squash, some diced tomatoes, and vegetable broth, add some oregano and cumen, let it simmer for a while then chow down!

What's on your table?
    extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friday night, with the wife out of town and food on the verge of going bad in the fridge, I made the following:

Risotto (the traditional way, pouring in the stock one cup or so at a time). So here's how it goes.

Stock boiling, throw fresh spinach into the stock. Then, after sauteeing a couple of gloves of garlic and then coating the fresh arborio rice grains in olive oil that had already sauteed the garlic, I slowly began adding the stock. About halfway through, I took some chopped Sardinian cherry tomatoes and sauteed them in a separate skillet with some more garlic. When the tomatoes had cooked down, I added them to the risotto. When done, I put in a bowl and topped with fresh parmesan cheese. A Chimay on the side was the only thing I could have done better. Should have been chianti.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default THANKSGIVING FEASTS: VSalon pics needed

Wow, Kemptonslim you rock. Great stuff. Assume you are using a heavy sauce pan?

Everyone is on notice. Have your cameras ready. Let's see the spread and menu. It's time for a feast :)

I'm starved!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simple but guaranteed perfection - requires some work the day before:

http://dartagnan.com/recipe.asp?id=11&category=4 :thumbs_up:

offer these with the turkey and you are sure to get lucky:

http://dartagnan.com/item.asp?item=PENFG004 :kiss2:

you're welcome :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teaser for Thanksgiving, Too Tall.

Mrs. RW hard at work on her apple pie. Her pecan pie is ready for action and the decorative cookies are for the kids. The molasses cookies have my name on them. Photos of the bird in the afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES MAHN THAT'S what I'm talking about woo hooooo. Great looking pies.

My birds are done, cooked yesterday...slice / reheat today which is a real winner because it means I can get a long ride in. BONZ re-gifted his potato of the month club so I've got all sorts of artisan spuds to make into something good. Can't wait, I'd starved. Pics to follow.

VSalon is on notice, post pics. I'm nuts for family gatherings.

Here is the spread. I could not photograph the pies before they were ATTACKED! Pecan, Pumpkin W/whipped cream, MASSIVE apple pie. Lots of turkey, artisan smashed tatoes with garlic and butter and happy customers ;) The stuffing was : cornbread, slightly overcooked wild rice, carrotts, onion, celery + love.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Too Tall; 11-27-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I ate with you guys! I took the worlds largest bowl of orzo to a dinner party.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK Too Tall...here's the rest of the evidence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost forgot the big guy...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Too Tall...

Nice spread. I too cooked on the day...But I got paid!

My thought. The days and nights are getting a bit chilly, and my cook's mind has switched from light and fresh fare, to hearty and slow-cooked. Stews, soups, braises.

Just to tempt you, I made a big batch of split pea w/ ham soup tonight...The best part was a big ass ham bone I saved in the freezer...In the pot. Cooking low and slow.
    Hans
    Last edited by RIHans; 11-30-2008 at 03:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RW fantastic family affair and I admire the table it speaks volumes. My fam. turkey platter and some of your dinnerware I believe are same. You are a brave man, stuffing in the bird I used to do when our dinners were smaller.

RI I hear you. Wife "Queen" let me know it's soup time. The turkey carcass is ready to go...that will get the old simmer with a bay leaf, white and black peppercorns and finished w/ egg noodles...her fav. Next on the hit list is spanish pumpkin soup w/ a chipolte creme finish. Oooo you'll appreciate, day before tday since my fam was in town I hit the local fish monger for a quart of fresh shucked bl points and made THE CLASSIC oyster bisque...it killed. I somehow forgot the spanish sherry drizzle...I got 'chit for that. We add a smashed white potatoe some would call that white trash cooking eh? Hey it's family :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brined turkey, my grandma's stuffing recipe, and good old green bean casserole. The food was good, but having the parents, sister, and in laws was even better.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mschol17; 11-30-2008 at 02:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nostalgic green beans omg :) Great looking bird. Nice.