User Tag List

Page 78 of 146 FirstFirst ... 686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2905

Thread: What are you cooking for dinner this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What are you cooking for dinner this weekend?

Finished product. Not very pretty, but ultra delicious. Salmon cooked to 120*, corn to 182*. The salmon takes on this beautiful silky texture and borders on looking underdone, but wow is it delicious. The corn came out at the perfect texture; crunchy, juicy, buttery, and I can't imagine what it'll be like when corn is actually in season!

I think the biggest lesson I've learned playing around with the precision cooker is that the method really brings out the natural flavors of whatever you're cooking. Like, REALLY brings out the flavors. These devices are known for "turning a crappy cut of meat beautiful," but when you have a nice piece of fish or vegetable or whatever, all you really need is salt, pepper, and butter.

Untitled by jacob Perlmutter, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spopepro View Post
    Oysters Rockefeller
    Chausson aux champignon et marron
    Cress, arugula, sour cherries, Meyer lemon vinaigrette
    Gorgeous!
    Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Made some Babybacks & Black Bean Sauce...

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Making a "payback" dinner for good friends who care for my pup when we are out of town. They asked for lobster. Thinking split whole lobster with two sauces: chimmichurry and mole. Ideas, sides, tips all appreciated.
    After report. I saved the pan method for a smaller gathering....so many pans to juggle. Lobsters were amazing quality. Went with lemon butter and chimmychurry to rave reviews. Also grilled steaks on the BGE for the one guy who does not eat lobster. Sheesh. Best part? All of this happened during the height of 2016 snowmageddon. Driving my guests home in the 4WD....priceless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Traveled to some friend's home last evening and the roving stew maker (Mrs. RW) brought her Dutch oven with us...full of beef tenderloin stew that is. I'm sure that my car still smells delicious this morning.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to be a bachelor again for a couple of months. I will start out the way I always do, and make up a big pot of vegetarian split pea and lentil soup.

That with a green saiad lasts a number of days. Then I'll figure something else out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy cow that's interesting. When Mrs. Too Tall left for Liberia TWICE last year...wait it was THREE times d@mnit I did exactly the same thing.

That with some insanely good Basmati rice and a bit of cheese.

Hit this place for suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by TMB View Post
    I'm going to be a bachelor again for a couple of months. I will start out the way I always do, and make up a big pot of vegetarian split pea and lentil soup.

That with a green saiad lasts a number of days. Then I'll figure something else out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy cow that's interesting. When Mrs. Too Tall left for Liberia TWICE last year...wait it was THREE times d@mnit I did exactly the same thing.

That with some insanely good Basmati rice and a bit of cheese.

Hit this place for suggestions.
    Well, this one smells different. I rarely use a recipe so try to get it roughly the same next time. I grabbed 3 Green Zebra tomatoes out of the freezer, chopped them up and put them into the soup. Smells very tomatoey this time. I am sure it will taste just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMB View Post
    Well, this one smells different. I rarely use a recipe so try to get it roughly the same next time. I grabbed 3 Green Zebra tomatoes out of the freezer, chopped them up and put them into the soup. Smells very tomatoey this time. I am sure it will taste just fine.
    If you ever want to change it up, this red lentil version from the Times is relatively quick and really good: Red Lentil Soup With Lemon Recipe - NYT Cooking

I like to load it up with mushrooms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boom. Great suggestion. Have you ever used a very small pressure cooker for lentils? Wander into a local grocery that specializes in food from India and look. Add tumeric and a few corriander (heresy I know) to the pot and go for it. This is what my neighbor taught me. Careful not to overfill. Makes dreamy lentils.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    If you ever want to change it up, this red lentil version from the Times is relatively quick and really good: Red Lentil Soup With Lemon Recipe - NYT Cooking

I like to load it up with mushrooms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish that I could come up with a name for this dish other than "chicken with tomatoes and mushrooms over pasta", but essentially that's what it is. Grille the chicken in the Dutch oven, remove for a bit. Sauté the vegetables in tomatoes and sauce with a few other ingredients, then combine all for about 40 minutes.Very simple to make and great for a Winter meal.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunday has become Big Green Egg night at our house. Chicken brushed with olive oil, added some fine sea salt, ground pepper, and basted with Sweet Baby Rays honey BBQ sauce. Grilled over indirect heat at 350° for just shy of an hour until they hit 160°. Brussel sprouts with olive oil, minced garlic, and salt and ground pepper, roasted on the egg for about 45mins.

Had about four handfuls of applewood chips in the middle layer of charcoal.

My lady made some corn casserole to go with it. Think uber good, ultra-moist cornbread.

So. Freakin. Good. Best chicken I've ever had I think. The BGE makes it so easy!

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

I wish that I could come up with a name for this dish other than "chicken with tomatoes and mushrooms over pasta", but essentially that's what it is. Grille the chicken in the Dutch oven, remove for a bit. Sauté the vegetables in tomatoes and sauce with a few other ingredients, then combine all for about 40 minutes.Very simple to make and great for a Winter meal.
    RW,
    Someone better than me can take "chicken with tomatoes and mushrooms over pasta" and say it in French or Italian and you have a winner. Your pics and meals are shaming me.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boom. Great suggestion. Have you ever used a very small pressure cooker for lentils? Wander into a local grocery that specializes in food from India and look. Add tumeric and a few corriander (heresy I know) to the pot and go for it. This is what my neighbor taught me. Careful not to overfill. Makes dreamy lentils.
    No, I've never actually owned a pressure cooker. I've been doing more dry beans lately though, so I may look into getting one.

Indian lentils may be next on my list - thanks for the tip. I got started on red lentils after a trip to Turkey taught me how quick and easy they are to cook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    "chicken with tomatoes and mushrooms over pasta"
    Fine and dandy, that meal.
    T.o.m. K.o.h.l.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beef short ribs in the dutch oven...so rich.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had our first dinner party. Super casual with kiddos everywhere. The coq au vin was awesome, but no pictures (boo). The Staub was fantastic as always. Batching the birds and other stuff was challenging, but things came out pretty good in the end. Good company and good food, what more can you ask for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, being the masochist that I am I decided to commit to the fabrication of a Boeuf Bourguignon...

In the pot:

Fingerlings roasted...in Duck's FAT:

Plated:

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This post is why we need "Smell O' Vision" Looks so good.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget the can of Campbell's soup, rub 2 split chicken breasts with olive oil, Kosher salt and pepper and then roast for 35-40 minutes...let cool so that you can remove the meat from the bones. Bring 2 quarts of chicken stock to a simmer and then add 1 cup diced celery, 1 cup diced carrots and 2 cups of egg noodles until the noodles are cooked...10 minutes or so. Add the roasted chicken and some parsley and heat through, seasoning to your taste. Pretty simple and two quarts goes a long way...the key is roasting the chicken...nice and smoky taste.
    rw saunders