User Tag List

Page 70 of 146 FirstFirst ... 606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2905

Thread: What are you cooking for dinner this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What are you cooking for dinner this weekend?

Nathan H

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of the whole hog made it on the grille, marinated for a few hours with orange juice, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Coupled with Mrs. RW's curry cheese pasta, green beans and salad, the meat and greens were from the local farm market and the beer (pale ale) is local as well.

I like the chops thick as they are easier to sear and keep moist through the rest of the cooking process. When the chops are nearly done, I put them in a foil "tent" and place them away from the coals with the lid on. That results in them staying moist in their own juice and ready for the plate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMG_20150901_175213.jpg

IMG_20150901_183132.jpg

IMG_20150901_185130.jpg

I added some spices because I wanted to improvise a little. We stuffed ourselves.
    Zuzus pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dinner at some friend's home last evening and we raided the recipe book to make breaded chicken piccata, with grilled squash and mushrooms over lemon zest pasta. Topped off with a garden fresh salad and some chilled white of some sort. I forgot how awesome a griddle could be, so Too Tall, make sure to incorporate a unit in your new kitchen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha! That cat has a flattop in his kitchen! Respect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should have included dessert from last evening...fresh from the orchard, peach cinnamon cake with a dollop of vanilla ice cream (not pictured). It made for a great pre-ride breakfast this morning too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    I should have included dessert from last evening...fresh from the orchard, peach cinnamon cake with a dollop of vanilla ice cream (not pictured). It made for a great pre-ride breakfast this morning too.
    Sometimes I think you are just showing off! I have been wanting some piccata lately. Can you share the recipe?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    Sometimes I think you are just showing off! I have been wanting some piccata lately. Can you share the recipe?
    Thanks,
    Mike
    No bragging Mike...just sharing as we all love bikes, brew and food, not to mention Porches and timepieces!

We use a lot of the Barefoot Contessa's recipes and ad lib if the sauce looks to be too much, such as in this case. We just substituted a lemon zest and a little butter on the pasta and added the mushrooms and squash for taste, as well as to keep things moist.

The key to the mushrooms is to just quickly (1-2 minutes) cook them without oil so that they are moist, yet don't loose too much of their size. We usually bake this dish but as our friends had the griddle, we decided to go for it.

Bon Apetit!

Chicken Piccata Recipe : Ina Garten : Food Network

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home alone, so cooked up some red-ass-meat-and-potatoes.
    Untitled by jacob Perlmutter, on Flickr
    Drank this guy along side, and I'm about to crack a Maine Beer Co Red Wheelbarrow. Yeasty, spicy, cherry notes, with a smooth and creamy body (insert jokes here).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Homemade potato gnocchi in a pleurotus sauce, wine-braised belgian endives and a bit of Guigal Cote du Rhone..
    Capture d’écran 2015-09-07 à 15.54.23.jpg

There are few things as satisfying as watching a pallet of garlic disappear over a couple of days - grown in Provence, consumed in Provence.
    Capture d’écran 2015-09-07 à 15.56.12.jpg

...two days later...
    Capture d’écran 2015-09-07 à 15.55.02.jpg
    "Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D@mnit that mound of garlic is a challenge.

Favorite thing to do with too much garlic (as if)?

Roasted Garlic + warm baguettes

Cut the tops off whole hands of garlic. Use a sharp knife and cut off enough that you expose tips of all the cloves. Use a fork and pierce the cloves from the top as if you were tenderizing meat! Salt, Pepper and a drizzle of good spicy Olive Oil. Pre-heat your oven to 400 than switch to broiler and cook the garlic heads close the the broiler until nice and toasty brown.

Remove the garlics, let rest long enough you can handle with your bare hands. Squeeze the cooked, charred garlic onto a plate, garnish and go to town with bread and strong wine.

Freakin' heaven.

*Stay away from all society for 24 hrs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Labor Day cookout at RW's...somewhat of a potluck as we asked folks to bring meat, vegetables and fruit. Simple stuff, steak, chicken, chicken sausage, yellow russets and squash (again). Solid way to wind up a great weekend. Boy, some of that garlic needs to meet my basil.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    D@mnit that mound of garlic is a challenge.

My favorite thing to do with too much garlic is a recipe I found on here: Spaghetti a la Vigliacca

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    That pallet was completely gone in 4 days. No challenge here.

Favorites: whole-roasted heads, as you described, mashed with some sun-dried tomato paste, olive oil and basil and used as a pizza base (did this last night) - but mostly a simple agliolio, where you can really taste it. I also eat the cloves whole, like medicine. Very good for the immune system.

Best tips I've ever heard for garlic - 1) let it rest for 10-15 minutes after cutting, as the bitter components tend to evaporate while the more pleasant oils react with eachother and increase the health benefits as well as the taste. 2) Always add it near the end of cooking - both the flavorful oils and the healthy oils are very volatile (hence why it is so smelly) and are easily destroyed by heat. A good agliolio should have the garlic oil added right at the end, just enough to be kissed by the heat to bloom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Octave View Post
    Homemade potato gnocchi....
    It's funny, my wife complains about my gnocchi because I have it down to a pillow fluffy science...They literally melt in your mouth, I make them that delicate and have to be very careful saucing them so they don't turn to mush in the plate!

Just riced potatoes, flour, cheese...

She likes the stouter versions with egg....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Re: What are you cooking for dinner this weekend?

Been busy so...Shit On a Shingle!:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your shit looks awesome!
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    Your shit looks awesome!
    You can tell I've been inexcusably lazy about sharpening my knives...look at those ragged scallions!!! lmao

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnfilteredDregs View Post
    It's funny, my wife complains about my gnocchi because I have it down to a pillow fluffy science...They literally melt in your mouth, I make them that delicate and have to be very careful saucing them so they don't turn to mush in the plate!

Just riced potatoes, flour, cheese...

She likes the stouter versions with egg....
    Being vegan I don't use cheese, nor eggs - my recipe is a simple 1:4 mix of flour:potato with a bit of salt and pepper. Use old, even sprouting potatoes to get that nice granular inside. I bake them, rather than boil to get them a bit drier.

Basic: 200g potatoes flesh (after baking until fork-tender, then slicing open to let cool for about 15 minutes and scooping out the innards), mashed with a fork or a ricer then slowly mixed with about 50g of flour, be gentle so as not to form too many gluten complexes. Add about 1/3T salt during this and a few cracks of fresh pepper, sometimes I'll throw a whole-roasted garlic clove in and mash thoroughly. Let the dough rest for about 20 minutes before rolling, slicing and cooking.

Gnocchi is about feel - you can't get it down to a science because each potato is different. Look for a potato that has a granular, almost sparkly interior after cooking. Add the flour slowly as depending on how dry the potato gets you may need slightly less or more - the less you can use the better (when I've gotten good dough with 1:5 rather than 1:4 the final texture is perfectly delicate, while also having some chew and sticking to the roof of your mouth), it should be about the potato not the flour. Always let the dough rest, ideally in the refrigerator to slow the development of gluten complexes. Another tip: put the potatoes in the oven while it is cold, then turn it on to 375F and cook until they are tender. Increased time in the oven at lower temperatures (250-300f) while the oven heats up is ideal for maillard reaction, which provides that nice caramel flavor of a good baked potato. Really, feel it out with your fingers. A gnocchi recipe is just a guide, every batch is a bit different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best thread ever.