User Tag List

Page 18 of 146 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you cooking for dinner this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost had a huge fiasco tonight!

While I was defrosting the chicken in the microwave, I went in for a quick shower. This was after the initial defrosting when the chicken was still a little frozen.

Well, I came out of the shower and the chicken was half cooked!

Whoops...

In any event, the ad hoc recipe I made as I went about worked, and dinner was pretty good tonight.

1) Chicken:
    Marinaded chicken in balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, and this roasted pepper soup

I found a can of it in the pantry and decided to use it.

I also added:

Mushrooms, half green squash, 1 yellow squash, 1 red pepper, and 1 green pepper.

Put in the chicken and marinade and cooked it, and added the veggies once the chicken was all cooked.

Came out really good!

Simple but delish.

2) I bought some potatoes and green beans to experiment with.

I wanted to cook them indian style. I don't know what I put in there, but it tasted pretty good. I just basically smelled and threw in a bunch of indian spices that one of my housemates had lying around (shhh!!!).

Also threw in what was left of the mushrooms.

I spent 50 bucks on groceries yesterday. I'm hoping I have enough for the next week and a half since I have some pasta and frozen chicken sitting around.

Now that's food on the cheap!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good cheap eats :)

Canada FINALLY can brag about something other than exporting great comedians. http://www.northbaytrading.com/

Buy the canadian wild rice. Trust me on this. Incredible stuff. Wild rice from MN has a stronger flavor and of course has that fantastic backstory however the canadian wild rice grains are super long and cook up keeping that highly desirable "snap".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done and much better than the pop tarts! I like the looks of the green beans and potatoes.

Wok deal of tofu & broccoli last night. Rice wine, oyster sauce, sesame oil, hot pepper, etc. Tonight it'll be chicken some way with lots of summer veggies. Some fine eating this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

In any event, the ad hoc recipe I made as I went about worked, and dinner was pretty good tonight.

1) Chicken
    2) I bought some potatoes and green beans to experiment with.

I wanted to cook them indian style. I don't know what I put in there, but it tasted pretty good. I just basically smelled and threw in a bunch of indian spices that one of my housemates had lying around (shhh!!!).
    Aiming to KICK cancer's butt this time around
    Dancing with NED, raising funds for METS research

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyChix View Post
    Well done and much better than the pop tarts! I like the looks of the green beans and potatoes.

Wok deal of tofu & broccoli last night. Rice wine, oyster sauce, sesame oil, hot pepper, etc. Tonight it'll be chicken some way with lots of summer veggies. Some fine eating this time of year.
    The green beans, potatoes, and last minute mushroom addition came out pretty well.

The chicken stuff always looks a little funky, but it always comes out great.

I like using a soup of sorts as a base. That way, I can cook pasta and just add it in and have a sauce already made. I've been eating a lot less pasta lately.

I still love poptarts, but I'm trying to drop some weight before a stage race in the catskills so they'll have to be content with being ride food instead of breakfast food. Too much sugar all at once.

Diets suck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default leftovers

leftover

louisiana's finest crawfish

that is.

mmmmmmmmm goodness.

here's the source:

http://www.lacrawfish.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My housemates made the following that I nabbed some of:

potatoes, onions.
    Some coriander, red pepper powder, cumin seed, and oil.

Pop it in the oven, and it comes out and is delicious!

Man...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ballin' on a budget...

Quick dinner, sub 20 minute prep.
    Figured I'd try my hand at this thread- representing a less sophisticated, more time starved palette.

Butterflied a big 'ole chicken breast so it wouldn't sit too long on the griddle. Patted it with a bit of spiced salt from Williams & Sonoma (gift) and cooked just enough. Comes out very tender and juicy when seared, cooked hot and fast, then let rest.
    Chicken was cooked along side a tomato and some squash. Cous-Cous done with a bit of bouillon rounded out the deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default to follow up

that post felt like realizing halfway through a song that I have no singing ability. on stage.

out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight, I'm cooking my last big meal in the house I've lived in all summer.

Potatoes, green/red peppers, yellow/green squash, and chicken.

Not sure what I'm doing with it yet, but I'm thinking a balsamic or white wine marinade.

Hopefully the veggies aren't rotten!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh from the garden.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are damn nice tomatoes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back on the other white meat kick. Thick cut t-bone chops, butter peas, and garlic mashed potatoes w/ real butter.

Marinated the chops in Stubbs pork marinade over night, lovingly grilled on the weber. Butter peas... browned salt pork, peas, and kosher salt for 40 minutes. Cheap ass, but damn they are good, Idahoan garlic and herb mashed potatoes swimming in whipped butter.

Cooked 2 chops, ate 'em both and licked the plate. Ice cold Newcastle Brown matched nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pale scotsman View Post
    Back on the other white meat kick. Thick cut t-bone chops, butter peas, and garlic mashed potatoes w/ real butter.

Marinated the chops in Stubbs pork marinade over night, lovingly grilled on the weber. Butter peas... browned salt pork, peas, and kosher salt for 40 minutes. Cheap ass, but damn they are good, Idahoan garlic and herb mashed potatoes swimming in whipped butter.

Cooked 2 chops, ate 'em both and licked the plate. Ice cold Newcastle Brown matched nicely.
    Not a huge pork fan, but that looks fantastic.
    we are about to break the surly bonds of gravity and punch the face of God!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acotts View Post
    Not a huge pork fan, but that looks fantastic.
    A huge +1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pale scotsman View Post

Mmmm comfort food. Nicely done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wife's aunt and uncle are in town this weekend. We will probably hit a few of our fave restaurants, but one day this weekend I will do grilled pork chops (chops will be brined for several hours first - makes all the difference) with choice of either Kellogg sauce or homemade mango salsa as a topping. Sides will be grilled rosemary red potatoes and the TT slaw in some form or another, depending on what ingredients I find. If we do circle island, we will definitely stop at the shrimp farm and get some fresh out of the pond shrimp to drop on the grill as well, if for no other purpose than to make the meal excessive. Beer and wine will also be served, no decisions on flavors there yet. Let me know if you are showing up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weekend bash

No pictures yet,because this happens on Saturday,an August birthday bash at my house.
    Roasting fresh veggies from the garden plus smoking 2 racks of ribs a Brisket a pork shoulder and two wild ducks, good beers a case or so of nice wine several pies and a peach cobbler.
    -Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Homemade pesto with basil right from the garden, coupled with homegrown tomatoes, local corn, local red spuds and grilled porky. I guess that I needed a local brew to wash it down too.

Shino....I'm liking that sandwich.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grilled over some hard wood charcoal: Picańa (a beef cut from the top of the sirloin), Skirt steak, Argentine pork and blood sausages, sweetbreads and Spanish chistorra sausages (loaded with Spanish paprika). Chilean wine to wash it all down.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by henry g. View Post
    Grilled over some hard wood charcoal: Picańa (a beef cut from the top of the sirloin), Skirt steak, Argentine pork and blood sausages, sweetbreads and Spanish chistorra sausages (loaded with Spanish paprika). Chilean wine to wash it all down.
    :adore: