User Tag List

Page 254 of 350 FirstFirst ... 244245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 6992

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Someone has a Nissan D21 pickup for sale in town, just about the same model year and set up as the photo below. Haven't caught the truck where I could get the price. Seemed like they were good trucks if rust-prone. But then it seemed like in the 1990's, a lot of cars and trucks were rust prone. No one makes a pickup that size any longer.

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    Misterdangerpants! Nice to see you. How does the soft top hold up on a Mini?
    I really can't answer that question as I only had my 2008 R52 for a couple years and just got this one. The top on the 2008 worked flawlessly, even after a couple tough winters of driving. One thing I really like about the convertible is that it rolls partway back, creating a sunroof.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmother View Post
    That Mini looks like it would be a lot of fun to drive. It looks pretty much brand new too. Very nice.
    Thanks! Indeed it's super fun to drive and in tip-top shape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Someone has a Nissan D21 pickup for sale in town, just about the same model year and set up as the photo below. Haven't caught the truck where I could get the price. Seemed like they were good trucks if rust-prone. But then it seemed like in the 1990's, a lot of cars and trucks were rust prone. No one makes a pickup that size any longer.
    It's on Craig's List...pretty sure $9,500.

edit: here 'tis https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/...262449766.html

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Co-worker had one of these years ago. According to him, he could not kill the engine, in spite of trying. (he is not the person that you want to give your car or truck keys to)

The body rots. After the frame rails collapsed, he jammed a section of hockey stick (Canadian content for you) between the bed and cab, for structural reasons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokePete View Post
    It's on Craig's List...pretty sure $9,500.

edit: here 'tis https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/...262449766.html

SPP
    Wow it has the engine and is 4x4. That guy fixes up trucks in his garage and seems to get a lot of them from out west, probably because everything around here gets used until it is scrap metal. He's also selling a cool old Corona wagon and a pretty ok looking Dodge pickup. House is near ours so that's why I keep seeing the truck. Not sure $9500 is what I was thinking.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmother View Post
    A Co-worker had one of these years ago. According to him, he could not kill the engine, in spite of trying. (he is not the person that you want to give your car or truck keys to)

The body rots. After the frame rails collapsed, he jammed a section of hockey stick (Canadian content for you) between the bed and cab, for structural reasons.
    Yeah, the engine is why I was interested. And why I was planning to take a magnet if I looked at the truck. Figured it could not possibly be rust free.
    Last edited by j44ke; 01-19-2021 at 11:23 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it is nice looking. I didn't have my magnet, but I tapped all over the sheet metal and crawled underneath. Frame is totally solid as are all the attachment points and motor mounts. It has been sprayed black underneath at the wheel wells but doesn't look like it is hiding anything. And looks like the body may have been repainted because some shielding around the wheels wells is missing a screw here and there. But paint seems competently done. Functional. Still feel like $9500 is a lot for an 89.

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know what you would be using it for, but those trucks are going to be pretty low in the power department, which can sometimes be a real drag on the highway and in the mountains.

i'm in the market for a truck myself, and it's pretty crazy what used truck prices can be. i wouldnt pay 10 grand for that though, even though it does look to be in nice shape.

what are the emissions requirements for NY state? that may be something to consider with a truck that old.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    I dont know what you would be using it for, but those trucks are going to be pretty low in the power department, which can sometimes be a real drag on the highway and in the mountains.

i'm in the market for a truck myself, and it's pretty crazy what used truck prices can be. i wouldnt pay 10 grand for that though, even though it does look to be in nice shape.

what are the emissions requirements for NY state? that may be something to consider with a truck that old.
    This engine is not a go-fast engine, but it is supposed to have quite a bit low end torque for a 4 cylinder. That’s part of its appeal. Probably not towing a boat, but I’m not towing a boat. The frame is also pretty heavy duty, so as a friend said it is a small truck not an SUV - though the original Pathfinder shared the frame with this truck I think but that was a pretty classic truck-type SUV (which is what made it great I think.) Also you can see the front hubs - that’s a manual 4x4. Two stick shifts. 1-5 & R and then 2H, 4H and 4L I believe. As 25+ year old vehicle, this truck is exempt from emissions testing. Doesn't even get a hose on the tailpipe.

But yeah, is it worth $9500? I’ve been watching what trucks this guy fixes and sells, and he’s definitely gravitated towards more hipster lefty trucks and higher prices. Used to be $2500 Chevys and Fords in decent work truck condition, but that’s shifted a bit lately. Smart guy.
    Last edited by j44ke; 01-21-2021 at 11:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still feel like $9500 is a lot for an 89.
    It is. But given the used truck market and the fact that nice examples of those are uncommon it probably is a somewhat reasonable price.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like that Nissan, and from what I've seen the price is not terrible.

And I think that for your property, it would be a handy little "woods" truck, able to get around the property as well as dump runs and back road joy rides.

I might have been interested if there was any kind of back seat in it.

I like old stuff.

Anyway, my search is over 'cause I'm driving this one home today...'07 Tundra.

Tundra by SPP™ SlowPokePete, on Flickr

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought I'd share my latest odd car purchase. Audi S6 with the 5.2l V10. It sounds pretty crazy, goes fairly fast and handles nicely for a big heavy car.
    118010823_10159553879116789_8721588677657031030_o.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm on a mission to find a truck as well and at this point, i have no idea what i really want.

ideally, i would have something about the size of the nissan above with the power and load rating of the tundra. the modern full sized pickups are simply way too big for me to want to drive, but those older pickups that i like the looks and styling of are underpowered for my needs.

i'm in no hurry, i'm hoping the right truck finds me at this point, ha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like that Nissan, and from what I've seen the price is not terrible.

And I think that for your property, it would be a handy little "woods" truck, able to get around the property as well as dump runs and back road joy rides.

I might have been interested if there was any kind of back seat in it.

I like old stuff.

Anyway, my search is over 'cause I'm driving this one home today...'07 Tundra.

Tundra by SPP™ SlowPokePete, on Flickr

SPP
    That’s a nice truck. Handy if it comes with the plow, though so far this winter has not given much need for it. We’ll see how Feb-Apr goes though.

I keep trying to cajole the plow guys into dumping their snow piles in spots where it would be easy for me to retrieve the gravel from the drive and return it to its place in spring. But I am only marginally successful. They are good plow guys though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    i'm on a mission to find a truck as well and at this point, i have no idea what i really want.

ideally, i would have something about the size of the nissan above with the power and load rating of the tundra. the modern full sized pickups are simply way too big for me to want to drive, but those older pickups that i like the looks and styling of are underpowered for my needs.

i'm in no hurry, i'm hoping the right truck finds me at this point, ha.
    I can't see much wrong with something like this, except that it is >$30K.

https://www.carmax.com/car/19671606

I think I want a truck priced like s_curran's $1500 purchase on the rally car thread but in the $9500 Nissan's condition. Oy.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see much wrong with something like this, except that it is >$30K.

https://www.carmax.com/car/19671606

I think I want a truck priced like s_curran's $1500 purchase on the rally car thread but in the $9500 Nissan's condition. Oy.
    Jorn, this is 30 mins. from me. I can deliver it ASAP and will remove all Taco Bell and Hardies wrappers before I pull into the drive. No experience on snow but I’m a quick learner.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back seat looks (un)comfy...

Got mine all registered in and out of DMV in 30 minutes on a Friday afternoon.

Drives like a big ass truck.

Tundra2 by SPP™ SlowPokePete, on Flickr

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it is nice looking. I didn't have my magnet, but I tapped all over the sheet metal and crawled underneath. Frame is totally solid as are all the attachment points and motor mounts. It has been sprayed black underneath at the wheel wells but doesn't look like it is hiding anything. And looks like the body may have been repainted because some shielding around the wheels wells is missing a screw here and there. But paint seems competently done. Functional. Still feel like $9500 is a lot for an 89.

I say throw some mud flaps on it, install a ladder rack and driving/fog lights and you have your utility truck for years to come. With used trucks in that price range, they sell fast and nice ones are few and far between up North.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    Jorn, this is 30 mins. from me. I can deliver it ASAP and will remove all Taco Bell and Hardies wrappers before I pull into the drive. No experience on snow but I’m a quick learner.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    I say throw some mud flaps on it, install a ladder rack and driving/fog lights and you have your utility truck for years to come. With used trucks in that price range, they sell fast and nice ones are few and far between up North.
    Well we just got a welding bill for the art installation going into the atrium and offering to park the truck in the atrium instead of getting this installation done (which has been in the planning for about 2 years) didn't meet with much enthusiasm even when/especially when I pointed out there would be a cost savings.

We'll see. I'll keep an eye on it. If it drops in price at all, I'll put forth a motion that it be brought up in committee again.

edit: Nice looking truck Pete. Back seat in those is for kids or a dog. Or kids and a dog and another dog.
    Last edited by j44ke; 01-23-2021 at 07:34 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back seat in those is for kids or a dog. Or kids and a dog and another dog.
    Back seats in my Tundra are pretty good, but alas will be used to haul dogs.

I was referring to the back seats in that Tacoma...pretty sure my dogs wouldn't even be happy back there.

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back seats in my Tundra are pretty good, but alas will be used to haul dogs.

I was referring to the back seats in that Tacoma...pretty sure my dogs wouldn't even be happy back there.

SPP
    Right. Those are for tool boxes.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books