User Tag List

Page 261 of 350 FirstFirst ... 251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 6992

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

My dreams are modest, but this is my dream car.

Dreamy
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    LOL I can not sit in that GT so it is dead to me ;)
    I’d guess not! I cycled past a GT and had to do a double take at how low it was.

RW, that Targa … for a while a woman was parking her black SC at Greenlake for her morning jog. It looked like a twin to that Targa, in amazing condition. Every so often I’d see a small note tucked into the door handle and I knew what it must say … “if you ever want to sell, please call …”

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here you go Dan…not a GMC, but close, complete with USS Nimitz cap on the dash and a “Death to False Pizza” bumpier sticker…Cap Hill.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htwoopup View Post
    Oh dear. Such a rabbit hole.

And Ryan, thanks to you starting me on this path, I have found that in Canada the rule is 15 years not 25. Which opens up a whole lot more. And Canada is where I would want this.

I don’t think I want the « track conversion » which is not to make it go faster but to crawl on the snow. And, what’s up with the Subaru Sambar minivan?
    Just don't move to Maine. Dicks.

https://jalopnik.com/maine-is-cancel...m-c-1847362315

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    Yeah...it turns out they did that in Quebec. You can drive while "visiting" a K truck but you can't register it. But, even if you are "visiting" you can not drive them on the major roads like 117 (which I need to do for 1 mile to get from my house to the grocery store etc). So, my first fallback of register it at my NY address but keep it in Quebec doesn't work. The only vehicle that is close because it doesn't fall under the K truck because of its longer bumpers is the Subaru Libero. I just missed an auction of a cherry one for reasonable that closed literally 15 minutes before I found all of this out and before the Libero was in the consideration set.

Oh, and when Quebec made these rules they did it like your article about Maine...they took away the registration from registered vehicles.

And you can only register a RHD of any type if it is more than 25 years old.

So, this rabbit hole has now extended to 25 year old RHD vehicles that make even less sense because I won't be able to put a bike in them if I took BOTH wheels off. But, it could be fun nevertheless. Hell if it is stuck in the snow I can always pick it up and drag it. We shall see how this redirected rabbit hole progresses over the next week.
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and when Quebec made these rules they did it like your article about Maine...they took away the registration from registered vehicles.
    Yeah, that's the $hitty part. Why not just grandfather these small number of people who followed the rules at the the time and clarify it going forward?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

Here you go Dan…not a GMC, but close, complete with USS Nimitz cap on the dash and a “Death to False Pizza” bumpier sticker…Cap Hill.
    Nice. Hope the driver brought a spotter for the 12-point maneuver it’ll take to get out of that space.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want RW to come by and take some photos of my '10 Fit Sport and '12 TSX wagon. He will make them look goooood.

p.s. That Rolls just lurking quietly in the background there. LOL. Someone in my 'hood owned a lovely late-model Bentley for a while, parked it on the street. I haven't seen it recently but there was a Benz SL500 on the same street the last time I walked by.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@rmplum, this ended differently than the Acty path I was on. It will not fit a bike. It can not have (to my knowledge) a bike carrier. There are potholes in NYC and in Quebec bigger than the wheels. I can only find two manufacturers of snow tires. And I paid way more than it is worth but I was on a mission egged on by my wife. I will have to figure out how to make it go better than it’s current state at some point…

And I am just hoping that the Maine and Quebec kei truck scenario doesn’t rear its head on this car.
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s got the good wheels though, so you’re set!

Regarding a carrier: is that a metal roof with rain gutters? Then there must be some way to make a roof rack work. Not a wide rack, but for a bike or two …

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seasucker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    It’s got the good wheels though, so you’re set! Regarding a carrier: is that a metal roof with rain gutters? Then there must be some way to make a roof rack work. Not a wide rack, but for a bike or two …
    Jon…your car needs an old set of LLBean cast aluminum gutter mounts with 2x4’s bolted to the mounts.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@rmplum, this ended differently than the Acty path I was on. It will not fit a bike. It can not have (to my knowledge) a bike carrier. There are potholes in NYC and in Quebec bigger than the wheels. I can only find two manufacturers of snow tires. And I paid way more than it is worth but I was on a mission egged on by my wife. I will have to figure out how to make it go better than it’s current state at some point…

And I am just hoping that the Maine and Quebec kei truck scenario doesn’t rear its head on this car.
    Re: car rack - you just need a gutter mountable version. Probably the easiest way would be to just get Thule Gutter or Yakima 1A towers with matching bars.

You can also dig around for some period correct parts. I forget the name of the nicer classic rack clamps**. I don't think they are made any longer but can be found. If you search for "classic Mini Cooper roof rack" you'll see lots of options.

Or you can get a metal shop to weld up some custom racks to your specs. They usually do ladder racks as part of their standard offerings, so they could tailor that to a classic-looking rack for a Mini.

JP Weigle's rig has a antique rack set up bolted to it.

Memorial Day... by JP Weigle, on Flickr

**Edit: Quick and Easy! That's them. Actually nicely made and work well. I had a set stolen off my VW back in the day. Grrr.

You can set them up to mount pipe crossbars or remove the tops and bolt on a square bar. You can also give them to the metal shop and they can build something to be mounted atop.
    Last edited by j44ke; 07-30-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those rear facing seats were a great perch for rednecks to toss Black Cats at a young Crashburn popping wheelies on his Stingray in a Fourth of July parade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashburn View Post
    Those rear facing seats were a great perch for rednecks to toss Black Cats at a young Crashburn popping wheelies on his Stingray in a Fourth of July parade.
    Please give to a gofundme for Crashburn. Traumatic childhood memories revisited due to Vsalon images have provoked overwhelming response to his need for counciling.
    Give here : Crashburngotburned.com

Operators are standing by >> 1 800 Goshwearesorry

XXOO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to know anyone who doesn't get all warm and fuzzy over that volvo wagon, or just about any volvo wagon for that matter.

And it figures that bus was parked out front of Cappy's. You might need the extra room any given night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it real or is it Memorex?
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    JP Weigle's rig has a antique rack set up bolted to it.
    I like JPW's priorities ... repaint? Nah, BBS wheels.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)