User Tag List

Page 283 of 350 FirstFirst ... 273274275276277278279280281282283284285286287288289290291292293 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 7000

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by echappist View Post
    Just put down a deposit for a CPO Volvo V60 CC wagon. I have yet to see it with my own eyes, but I hope the vehicle is in generally good condition. Years ago, when I helped a family friend buy a CPO Lexus (a purchase I insisted the family friend to walk away from), that Lexus came with all sorts of minor dings and dents that weren't obvious in a somewhat dark showroom but became visible under sunlight. I'm really hoping that this V60 CC doesn't fall into this category (though it won't surprise me).

Even factoring in the inflated pricing I get from selling my current 12-yr old vehicle (~$3.5k more than what it's worth in normal times), the CPO V60 is about $3k-4k more than what it should have cost during normal times. OTOH, for $7k more, we could have gotten a new V60 CC (at ~5% below MSRP). While the latter is a "better deal", it just didn't seem worth it, when that $7k could be used elsewhere. We reasoned whereas the "better deal" part is illusory, the $7k difference is actually tangible.

All in all, not very amused by any of this. I just hope I can drive this one for a good ten years without too much issue... After all, I had intended to keep my current car, a Camry V6, for a good long time, but a persisting issue that has cost $1k so far and is still yet to be fixed put me "over the edge".

Pictures to come when I take delivery.
    Interesting that you were offered a new V60 at below msrp in these times. Maybe suggests that volvo will soon have those on the chopping block like they did with the FWD version? Makes me sorta want to keep my wagon despite the reliability issues. Every brand that used to be cool is pretty much a SUV company now.
    Last edited by SeanEasley; 03-27-2022 at 09:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanEasley View Post
    Interesting that you were offered a new V60 at below msrp in these times. Maybe suggests that volvo will soon have those on the chopping block like they did with the FWD version? Makes me sorta want to keep my wagon despite the reliability issues. Every brand that used to be cool is pretty much a SUV company now.
    I think it has to do with the introduction of the "B-series" engine for Model Year 2023 V60 CC, which basically incorporates a small electric motor (like they've done in the XC60s)

I think you get $1k off as former/current Volvo owner, and I think there's a dealer local to you offering other discounts on top of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    I want a Porsche 718 4.0 but a Miata makes so much more sense at every level. I owned a 1990 and really enjoyed it. Underpowered but light and a bunch of fun. And a surprisingly reasonable car for most daily errands and not even bad at road trips.
    The high revving engine in the more recent D series is a lot of fun. Not fast by modern standards, but not slow.
    Here’s mine, purchased in October 2019 with a really large discount off sticker price. Btw, I deliberately use 50 profile rubber because of wretched roads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvinlungwitz View Post
    Btw, I deliberately use 50 profile rubber because of wretched roads.
    No need to justify your decision. That trend about low profile tires on modern cars is silly. It is nice on picture and perfect roads but totally inadapted to the general state of many roads all over the world and the amount of speed bumps we have to deal with.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanEasley View Post
    Every American should buy a wagon, dammit.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a first world problem.

I'll need to take delivery of the new-to-me wagon either tomorrow or Thursday (I think the final offer is motivated by end-of-quarter sales goals). Would have preferred Friday (sunny), but that won't be possible.

Unfortunately, it'll be raining buckets tomorrow (0.05 inch/hr) for most of the day. Alternatively, there's a good chance for flurries on Thursday morning followed by a cloudy afternoon, but I don't think the snow will stick, as the temperature won't dip below freezing (it'll be in the mid 50's tomorrow).

What makes for a comparatively better driving condition? Old car has all-seaons with quite a bit of tread left; new-to-me car has newly installed all-seasons.

I'm thinking leaving a bit late on Thursday, as there likely won't be much precipitation. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Every American should buy a wagon, dammit.
    Agreed! As long as it's a sport wagon with a manual.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Or a 362 hp I-6 mild hybrid with a 9 speed automatic.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    ima rear door.jpeg

couldn't agree more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Will be very interested in hearing a usage review in a few months!
    So we called an audible and ended up with a low mileage 2018 Prius Prime. So alas no PHEV XC60 updates from us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swt View Post
    So we called an audible and ended up with a low mileage 2018 Prius Prime. So alas no PHEV XC60 updates from us.
    My father had a Prius for 8 years and it is now owned by good friends of ours who needed a second car that wasn't full of wood chips and power tools. I think we're on year number 11 and counting.

I kind of wish there was a Toyota hybrid wagon. Wagons are so great, but I guess no one would buy it.

edit: Duplicate rant to Davids'

Everyone remembers the 4WD Toyota Tercel right? Put a hybrid engine in it? Make it in a cutaway version, aka Subaru Brat truckwagon?

Last edited by j44ke; 03-31-2022 at 08:33 AM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I learned to drive in my mom's gold FWD Tercel. The car's angle indicators on the dash were our favorite part when she got it. An electric conversion would be pretty cool but I haven't seen one in decent condition for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the Tercel. The japanese Matra Rancho.

Part of me would like to put Tesla engine and batteries inside one of those 80's car that had a futuristic look for its era. Something like a Subaru XT, Nissan Pulsar NX, Citroën CX or BX. Best would be a concept car such as the Chevrolet Express, Nissan NX-21, Citroën Karin, Peugeot Proxima
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    I kind of wish there was a Toyota hybrid wagon. Wagons are so great, but I guess no one would buy it.
    Toyota made the Prius V, and they're fairly common in my neighborhood in spite of being modestly ugly. I'm not sure why they were mothballed.

I have to imagine there aren't all that many people who want a hybrid AWD wagon who aren't going to be satisfied by a Rav4 or CRV. I imagine it's mostly folks who have an active dislike for compact SUVs (raises hand), and we're a small group of wagon cranks.

I got in a Chevy Bolt the other day, and my immediate reaction was that it would be awesome if it were three feet longer.
    Last edited by caleb; 03-31-2022 at 10:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t want to waste your time but it is automobile related…

I am simply amazed at the double blocks/ double 2 bys and I am sure the attachment to the bed cap is well thought out..

Surely with a couple of Rocky Mount adaptors or some such I might feel comfortable putting a bike on this if there were enough consumables involved…

« If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a 1987 Honda Civic wagon for 13 years...most reliable car that I ever owned. Looks like a Shriner car compared to all of the SUV's now on the road.

rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ The car the cicadas will be driving during the next age of the Earth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tesla diversifies:

IMG_2046.jpg

I thought this was well done. Kudos to the owner!
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ not sure if the driver will be irreverent or incompetent
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    We had a 1987 Honda Civic wagon for 13 years...most reliable car that I ever owned. Looks like a Shriner car compared to all of the SUV's now on the road.

Neighbors had one of these and my dad used to say it was nice that our Tercel (see above) wasn't the ugliest car on the block.