User Tag List

Page 317 of 350 FirstFirst ... 307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 6992

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

What's a liter of petrol going for in London these days? It must hurt to fuel that bucket!

Hilarious find though. Is there a coffee shop in sight distance? I would have lingered a while to see if the owner came. There's definitely a funny story in there somewhere.

Edit: I see there's a tavern across the st. I would have posted up there for a while :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking in a Blues Brothers direction.

They’ve got SCMODS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the replay of the Top 10 shootout at Bathurst and the course is populated by banners for the all new VW Amarok small truck. My dear old uncle might not like me saying this, but I wish we got that truck in the US as an option to the Ranger it’s based on.

https://www.youtube.com/live/YjtjIq3CPs8?feature=share

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't horrible. I saw one in Hudson NY. Obviously a new one, because the guy who owned it put himself between my car and his truck when I parallel-parked, which seemed silly. I mean if I hit him, he'd just have bled all over his new car. It is both smaller and lower than nearly any other truck. But they only offer it with 4 doors. I'm not interested in a 4 door pickup truck. I actually want to put stuff in the bed. And probably get dents and scratches and possibly blood on it. Supposedly gets 40mpg combined gas/electric.

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    This isn't horrible. I saw one in Hudson NY. Obviously a new one, because the guy who owned it put himself between my car and his truck when I parallel-parked, which seemed silly. I mean if I hit him, he'd just have bled all over his new car. It is both smaller and lower than nearly any other truck. But they only offer it with 4 doors. I'm not interested in a 4 door pickup truck. I actually want to put stuff in the bed. And probably get dents and scratches and possibly blood on it. Supposedly gets 40mpg combined gas/electric.

I don't understand a truck with enough room seating room for 4 adults but only enough bed room for 2 of them.

For about the last 7 months I've had an extended cab Colorado with the six foot bed and it ticks the right boxes. My last two trucks were Fords, a late 80's, I think, Ranger and a '03 F-150. The Colorado, as does the newer Ranger, falls in between those two trucks, size wise. A seven foot bed would mean a Silverado which is more truck than I need. I have no brand loyalty and went with the Colorado because the Ranger could only be had with a turbo four cyl.

My truck is a '22 and I got it just in time because the only choice starting in '23 is a four door 5' bed turbo 4 cyl version, same, I think, as the Ranger. Too much cab room, not enough bed room and a 300HP turbo driven, to make that horsepower, ticks all of my wrong boxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I want one of those Mavericks. Might be my next rig. The back seat's got to come out, and then there's room for a bike or two back there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    I saw trucks in Iceland with their branding on the side. Shows a location in Reykjavik. Wonder if they rent there?
    Last edited by j44ke; 02-07-2023 at 12:46 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    I don't understand a truck with enough room seating room for 4 adults but only enough bed room for 2 of them.

For about the last 7 months I've had an extended cab Colorado with the six foot bed and it ticks the right boxes. My last two trucks were Fords, a late 80's, I think, Ranger and a '03 F-150. The Colorado, as does the newer Ranger, falls in between those two trucks, size wise. A seven foot bed would mean a Silverado which is more truck than I need. I have no brand loyalty and went with the Colorado because the Ranger could only be had with a turbo four cyl.

My truck is a '22 and I got it just in time because the only choice starting in '23 is a four door 5' bed turbo 4 cyl version, same, I think, as the Ranger. Too much cab room, not enough bed room and a 300HP turbo driven, to make that horsepower, ticks all of my wrong boxes.
    I think the Maverick is just a Bronco with a 4.5' bed in the back. I think what shapes most vehicles these days is how many models can share the same engine and body. Then you are building the same car except for a few features. Cheaper to build that way.

The hybrid version only comes in the 4 door.

Last edited by j44ke; 02-07-2023 at 12:57 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    I’m understanding it much better than I used to, which is causing the Honda Ridgeline to top my list for next vehicle candidates.

My thinking is this: I do not often have a direct association between passenger and cargo quantities that require a bed. I can put a rack and a box on top of a Ridgeline for cargo, use it as a people hauler when needed, and retain usable bed space for home and property projects. Any projects that require a full size bed can be truck rental days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't FORD let that name fade away?

rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basic ally I see any of these 4 door pickups with 5', or shorter, beds as a SUV without a deck lid. I also think that they're a way for the mfgs. to get around pollution standards, or sum such.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Couldn't FORD let that name fade away?

Better than bringing back the Pinto name.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lumpy View Post
    I want one of those Mavericks. Might be my next rig. The back seat's got to come out, and then there's room for a bike or two back there.
    Ridgeline is better vehicle, imho atmo ipso facto. Worth checking out one of those before you commit to the Maverick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    I’m understanding it much better than I used to, which is causing the Honda Ridgeline to top my list for next vehicle candidates.

My thinking is this: I do not often have a direct association between passenger and cargo quantities that require a bed. I can put a rack and a box on top of a Ridgeline for cargo, use it as a people hauler when needed, and retain usable bed space for home and property projects. Any projects that require a full size bed can be truck rental days.
    Word. 80k miles on mine now and I'll probably never buy another full size truck. Only reason I see to have something like that is to tow... something.

Road or CX bike fits in the back with front wheel on. Trunk for storage of stinky kit. Comfy ride. 24 mpg. Quiet. Good stereo. Honda reliable. What else could one want?

I've had two terrible experiences with F150's and I'll never buy another Ford product. No more Toyotas either... Tacoma sucked. We've had four Hondas now and they've been fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am definitely not going to buy a full-sized truck. I'll leave those to the red-neck prima donalds driving around in giant boudoir sofa wagons. Make me a hybrid one of these. Maybe even wood-fired.

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobonli View Post
    It's new car time in the Bobonli household. I've been an unnecessarily loyal Honda customer for 9 cars between my and the missus. They're nice enough and reliable but the last 3 leased vehicles have been identical except for the payments! I'm ready for something different.

I have my eyes on a 23 VW Atlas. This would be my first "German" car. Regular driving around hauling bikes on the trailer hitch (standard!) and a kayak. Occasional trips into snow country to ski. I'm not rock crawling or overloading! It gets good-enough reviews and appears to match my needs.

Anything I should know about VW performance, durability etc?
    My family (7 siblings) have been all over the place with cars/SUVs for the past 20 years and landed mostly on these brands and in this order:
    1) Toyota
    2) Honda or Subaru
    3) Hyundai/Kia *

We will not go near anything German because they are too expensive to purchase and service.
    We will not go near anything American because they are too unreliable.

My youngest brother and his wife (who live in Colorado) have owned at least 2 Hyandais and will not purchase anything else.
    My oldest brother (who also lives in Colorado) finally gave up on his Ford SUVs and recently purchased himself a Hyundai Palisade and his kids a Hyundai Kona.
    I am trying to convince my (aging) parents to turn-in their BMW X5 when it comes off lease and purchase a Hyundai Palisade (or Kia Telluride).

* It's hard to beat a 5/60K bumper to bumper and a 10 year powertrain warranty. And in our family Hyundai/Kia might be moving up from third spot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apropos of Jorn's post, here's an interesting article about how pickups have "transformed from workhorse vehicles to family cruisers," while consumers respond to marketspeak about how "powerful" and "rugged" they are.

https://www.axios.com/ford-pickup-trucks-history

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To each their own, but to me those super short bed pickups like the maverick, ridgeline and that new hyundai thing are completely useless and the worst of both worlds. Anything in the back is exposed to the elements and theft, but not big enough to be useful as a real bed. I would feel beyond silly in the home depot parking lot if i couldnt get a sheet of plywood or a dozen 2x4s in my "truck"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    To each their own, but to me those super short bed pickups like the maverick, ridgeline and that new hyundai thing are completely useless and the worst of both worlds. Anything in the back is exposed to the elements and theft, but not big enough to be useful as a real bed. I would feel beyond silly in the home depot parking lot if i couldnt get a sheet of plywood or a dozen 2x4s in my "truck"
    Yea, I get that if what you are doing is actually hauling materials. But you could flip this argument around completely. The reality is that a lot of people who buy full size trucks are doing it for the image and are using it to drive around town,and justify it by the one or two times a year they haul home some mulch from Home Depot. At least these are a little more efficient, are better at what they are actually used for 99% of the time, and maybe they still get the image they are after.