User Tag List

Page 316 of 350 FirstFirst ... 306307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324325326 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,320 of 6992

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    I feel a bit guilty for liking this.
    https://www.ebay.fr/itm/275509139673...UAAOSw99djPZM2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you Batman? Tell the truth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's new car time in the Bobonli household. I've been an unnecessarily loyal Honda customer for 9 cars between my and the missus. They're nice enough and reliable but the last 3 leased vehicles have been identical except for the payments! I'm ready for something different.

I have my eyes on a 23 VW Atlas. This would be my first "German" car. Regular driving around hauling bikes on the trailer hitch (standard!) and a kayak. Occasional trips into snow country to ski. I'm not rock crawling or overloading! It gets good-enough reviews and appears to match my needs.

Anything I should know about VW performance, durability etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faux Volvo "woody" spotted near Saturday farmer's market, painted using wood grain brush technique, can't tell in this pic but the wood grain is very well done. Nice license plate too.

The older I get the faster I was Brian Clare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobonli View Post
    It's new car time in the Bobonli household. I've been an unnecessarily loyal Honda customer for 9 cars between my and the missus. They're nice enough and reliable but the last 3 leased vehicles have been identical except for the payments! I'm ready for something different.

I have my eyes on a 23 VW Atlas. This would be my first "German" car. Regular driving around hauling bikes on the trailer hitch (standard!) and a kayak. Occasional trips into snow country to ski. I'm not rock crawling or overloading! It gets good-enough reviews and appears to match my needs.

Anything I should know about VW performance, durability etc?
    i have a 2021 VW Atlas SEL V6 AWD model. so far - 35,000 miles - it's been overall pretty great and very reliable. it handles nicely and is comfy with lots of tech bells and whistles (i came from a Tundra before which was lacking in all tech categories). the engine is not massively powerful, but it seems solid so far. i believe this is built on the same platform (similar?) to the Audi Q7. i'd definitely recommend you check it out. i have chatted with other Atlas owners and can't say any of them have had any major issues. i was skeptical about VW longevity (and this is still in my mind), but approaching 2years of ownership i really can't complain. i've had zero issues - just regular services.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was in a new rental Audi Q3 this past weekend into this week in LA. Yuck. Way too much nanny tech in there and that 2.0T is just not enough grunt for the mini suv, especially at the low end. I guess it's just a dressed up Tiguan, which I also disliked, so no surprises there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avis tried harder today and gave us the Grand Wagoneer Robert Kraft edition with the massaging seats…$100K according to the lot attendant at ORD.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is just sick.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is fake wood paneling an option, and does it get more than 15mpg? that thing looks like Suburban in size.
    I need to check the lot the next time I take my Ram in for service just to see one in person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimcav View Post
    is fake wood paneling an option, and does it get more than 15mpg? that thing looks like Suburban in size.
    I need to check the lot the next time I take my Ram in for service just to see one in person.
    They’re huge. And in certain colors, the proportions look way off, whereas in others they look fine. I think the black roof helps on the white version.

There is already an after market group making wood paneling appliqués that looks kinda cool depending on color.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This version apparently has a lift kit on it as when you press a certain button on the key (that’s the size of an iPod classic), the vehicle lowered a few inches. The middle seats have their own video screen with hdmi cable ports and it looks the third row seats can swivel. If it wasn’t so damn cold here, I’d play with it a bit more.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

Avis tried harder today and gave us the Grand Wagoneer Robert Kraft edition with the massaging seats…$100K according to the lot attendant at ORD.
    I see what you did there. Kudos.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    They’re huge. And in certain colors, the proportions look way off, whereas in others they look fine. I think the black roof helps on the white version.

There is already an after market group making wood paneling appliqués that looks kinda cool depending on color.
    A local family replaced a small car + swanky adventure van combo with one of these giant wagoneer things and an AMG dragster wagon. The wagoneer eats their whole driveway just like the van did, while the AMG sits at the curb and whispers to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I struggle to understand who that Grand Wagoneer would actually be a good fit for. Probably 99% of buyers would be much better served by an AWD Sienna for practical purposes.

With ESG topics at the forefront of the news these days, it's hard to understand how a $100k stock Chrysler product exists and is available to rent at the local airport.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    I struggle to understand who that Grand Wagoneer would actually be a good fit for. Probably 99% of buyers would be much better served by an AWD Sienna for practical purposes.

With ESG topics at the forefront of the news these days, it's hard to understand how a $100k stock Chrysler product exists and is available to rent at the local airport.
    I'd say that it fits into the "all I want is more" category.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    A local family replaced a small car + swanky adventure van combo with one of these giant wagoneer things and an AMG dragster wagon. The wagoneer eats their whole driveway just like the van did, while the AMG sits at the curb and whispers to me.
    You should rescue that wagon (legally of course)

But then again, those dragster wagons are quite hydrocarbon thirsty themselves. Even if I were to have the means to pull it off (which I don't), I still wouldn't want to do it, despite how ridiculously fun those wagons are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get a woody kit for the new Grand Wagoneer:

2022-Grand-Wagoneer-wood-grain-wagonmaster.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    I struggle to understand who that Grand Wagoneer would actually be a good fit for[snip]
    It is for the poors who can't afford a Bentley Bentayga EWB Azure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes my mind screams for the backstory. Found this on Charlotte St in Fitzrovia, London.

It's parked in front of the Charlotte St. Hotel and across the street you can see the Fitzrovia Publican.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's possible Sheriff JW Pepper is still looking for James Bond.