User Tag List

Page 92 of 351 FirstFirst ... 828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 7005

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

There are lots of lifted 2/7/9 series Volvos on t-bricks. This is the first one I found via an image search:

my 240 "Kodiak" - Turbobricks Forums

Build a wagon, please.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Philster View Post
    I like the front wheel off the ground, but I'm currently interested in a winter fun car. Something that is cheap and will look great with 4 winter tires on steelies. Maybe like that SAAB 99 or a 944. Any ideas?
    99's are super cool but hard to find a cheap one these days. And the engines are prone to pain-in-the ass stuff like the distributor shaft breaking way down at the bottom. A 900 on the other hand is still dirt common around here and much more usable. 944 has ground clearance issues but would be hilarious. Golf/Rabbit would be good. 240's suck in snow without studded tires. Bring a comealong and a shovel. Something light like a Rabbit or early Golf is much easier to get unstuck than a heavy Swedish sedan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did someone say cheap and hilarious?

8c345e344729193ffff195aada8fb629.jpg
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    There are lots of lifted 2/7/9 series Volvos on t-bricks. This is the first one I found via an image search:

my 240 "Kodiak" - Turbobricks Forums

Build a wagon, please.
    I must have one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post

Awesome. But I'd avoid anything aircooled for this application because winter driving with a weak defroster sucks.

Walking out for lunch I spotted a good practical prospect: 3-dr 5-speed Ford Focus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    What kind of Subaru is it?
    I had a '96 Legacy Outback and hated the way it handled. Steering geo seemed plain weird, and the whole car basically made me miss RWD like crazy.
    Forester STI Jap spec 250HP

fozzy.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post

A decent one is 10-12K. Not sure these still qualify as cheap, but I like what you are thinking.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This. I've had Audi quattros (A6 2.7 twin turbo 6sp AWD, 200, 5000) and Subarus which are all excellent in snow. My '85 Saab 900 was AMAZING and I miss it. I don't miss its appetite for front axles...

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    SAABs go like stink in snow. Total gas. My GF in college had one we beat to death, or tried to driving in MN winters. The car is pretty unstoppable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 5 speed 240 with winter tires was a frickin' hoot. You'd think it would have issues with no weight over the rear but it seemed to do fine. Just encouraged me to keep the speed up through deep spots! Oh and the heater could easily leave you with burns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick k View Post
    This. I've had Audi quattros (A6 2.7 twin turbo 6sp AWD, 200, 5000) and Subarus which are all excellent in snow. My '85 Saab 900 was AMAZING and I miss it. I don't miss its appetite for front axles...
    I loved my '78 SAAB 99 turbo. It was a wonderful driving car. Right until the oil light came on. Just off off of Loveland Pass. At speed. I stopped, turned the ignition off, and that car never moved again without a tow truck's assistance. It was a long trip back to Boulder. I sold it for parts once I priced out a new motor.

Not a perfect snow car, but a BMW E36 with a limited-slip differential is at least competent, and is quite inexpensive for what you get. I like the little Ti versions, but the coupe is less tail-happy and much more common. The interiors are squeaky, though.

Alternatively, a 2002-2005 Impreza outback sport or similar (not a WRX--the tuner boyz drive those out of the "inexpensive" category and the cheap ones are beat) is surprisingly fun in the snow/mountains, as long as you can live with the understeer. Stay on the power, I suppose.

Best,

Will
    William M. deRosset
    Fort Collins, CO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

soooooo i want to learn how to work on/build a car. anyone ever seen if a bike fits in the trunk of a hatchback foxbody mustang?
    i chose that because there's a huge aftermarket and a lot of info, and it seems like i could do a rear seat delete and really jack up the storage space.
    see?:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I test drove a '07 328i (premium & sports packages) sedan yesterday. Very, very nice, even with the snow tires that were on it. Very, very tempting, especially since it would be a straight across trade for my truck, might even end up with a little cash in my pocket afterward. Then I start pricing parts and figuring out how much I might have to put into it to get it all up to spec, in addition to the cost of the PPI. That all makes me want to run away.

I also drove a '15 WRX. It's amazing how different it was from the '13 that I had for a very short time (less than 8 months). They fixed pretty much all of my complaints with the '13. Better gearing, better seats, better interior, better low end power, better sound. I grew so very tired of the boxer rumble day after day. It was so much better that by the time I got back I didn't even care that it didn't have roof rack mounting points or sold as a hatch. The shifter was pretty crappy after coming from the BMW. It was noisy too, seemed nosier than my '13 hatch. That might have been more noticeable since I drove the BMW first. That car might have been too quiet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sean, it's been a while since I've been in a fox, but can't imagine you'd have any problem getting a bike in that thing. A BRZ was able to swallow my bike (61cm) with both wheels off and without having to move the front seats at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSLC View Post
    I test drove a '07 328i (premium & sports packages) sedan yesterday. Very, very nice, even with the snow tires that were on it. Very, very tempting, especially since it would be a straight across trade for my truck, might even end up with a little cash in my pocket afterward. Then I start pricing parts and figuring out how much I might have to put into it to get it all up to spec, in addition to the cost of the PPI. That all makes me want to run away.

I also drove a '15 WRX. It's amazing how different it was from the '13 that I had for a very short time (less than 8 months). They fixed pretty much all of my complaints with the '13. Better gearing, better seats, better interior, better low end power, better sound. I grew so very tired of the boxer rumble day after day. It was so much better that by the time I got back I didn't even care that it didn't have roof rack mounting points or sold as a hatch. The shifter was pretty crappy after coming from the BMW. It was noisy too, seemed nosier than my '13 hatch. That might have been more noticeable since I drove the BMW first. That car might have been too quiet.
    So, this was an E90? How was it in terms of bike space? I had the coupe and it worked great for me with the front wheel off. I'm wondering if the 4-door might be even better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Philster View Post
    So, this was an E90? How was it in terms of bike space? I had the coupe and it worked great for me with the front wheel off. I'm wondering if the 4-door might be even better.
    Yes, E90. I didn't specifically check, but it didn't seem like there would be a problem. It would take the Yakima roof rack sitting in the garage right now, so plenty of options there, unlike the WRX.

How long did you have your coupe? Have many problems with it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSLC View Post
    Yes, E90. I didn't specifically check, but it didn't seem like there would be a problem. It would take the Yakima roof rack sitting in the garage right now, so plenty of options there, unlike the WRX.

How long did you have your coupe? Have many problems with it?
    I had it until the warranty expired. It was a 335xi. Absolutely fantastic car but with a couple documented problems with that engine. I'm thinking of getting a litely used twin-scroll 4 door now. Absolutely no interest in an f30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodness knows the world needs more fast wagons.
    Why, oh, why will not Mercedes-Benz introduce a hopped-up C-series wagon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, not so fast, but I have a handshake deal on a 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TD wagon. Anyone have experience with these older W123 wagons?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Cayman GT4 looks nice. I think I read somewhere it's Nordschleife time is basically the same as the 911s too.

laughter has no foreign accent.