Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 81 of 352 FirstFirst ... 717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 7026

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Have a 2015 Golf? Want to use your iPhone? VW offers you the automotive equivalent of the quill-to-threadless adapter. SLEEK!

IMG_6346 adapter.jpg

Have an Android (or any other non-Apple device)? For $65 you can by a USB cable that fits into that same hard to reach location, then plug your phone's cable into that cable. Maybe the lower trims actually grant one a simple USB or AUX slot?

Look at the bend on this factory cable. That'll be junk in a month
    IMG_6349.jpg

Mercedes: Received 2015 C-Class "prepped and ready to go" by the dealer this AM - unless you actually think that 35F/35R is roughly equivalent to the factory recommended tire pressure specs of 39F/45R. They did ArmorAll the tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    Mercedes: Received 2015 C-Class "prepped and ready to go" by the dealer this AM - unless you actually think that 35F/35R is roughly equivalent to the factory recommended tire pressure specs of 39F/45R. They did ArmorAll the tires.
    Reminds me of a recent story relayed by a friend;
    He took delivery of a brand-new MV Agusta Brutale 800 Dragster. First test-ride saw him almost write it off. Felt weird compared to the demonstrator he'd ridden previously.
    A few online searches regarding suspension adjustment revealed nothing, but then out came the tire pressure gauge. Turned out they (the manufacturer) had left the tires at mounting pressure.
    Neil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    A few online searches regarding suspension adjustment revealed nothing, but then out came the tire pressure gauge. Turned out they (the manufacturer) had left the tires at mounting pressure.
    Get cars here that have been PDI'd with 50+ psi in the tires maybe once per month. Being honest, I've caught a few of our guys driving around in these cars as well. Argh. "Hey XXXXXXX, did you know that car had 55psi in all the tires when you were driving it last week?" Umm, no - but it did ride a little rough.

Also, leaving shipping blocks in the springs. Ouch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty excited about the new miata. Sure the styling is a bit surprising but the previous design was a failure. Too much a compromise between neo-retro and modernit, looking sporty while staying bourgeois.

Maybe it is about being french but I've always hated the lazy handling of the gti's. If you want a driver's car and can deal with the odd looking and lower quality of the interior a Clio or Megane RS is a better option. They are the best handling fwd hot hatches on the market, especially with the cup option.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attachment 72267

This is a new toy on the street by the office in Belgravia. It is an electric hummer.

High performance Electric Vehicle

If you live in one of those island communities where everyone drives around in a golf cart, you need one of these. Top speed 40 mph and range 60 miles.

The funny thing is the person that owned this had a G-Wiz and they replaced it with this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The perfect tool for the defense contractor to avoid congestion fees.
    "Old and standing in the way of progress"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on a whim i test drove a 1998 Ferrari 550 Maranello the other day. always been a big fan. if that car came out last year it'd be good. that is all. does anyone have $80k they want to give away?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Badonkadonk View Post
    on a whim i test drove a 1998 Ferrari 550 Maranello the other day. always been a big fan. if that car came out last year it'd be good. that is all. does anyone have $80k they want to give away?
    How was it holding up? Have a friend that bought a 355 Spider at auction. Interior pretty much a sticky mess. But the sounds......oh man the sounds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How was it holding up? Have a friend that bought a 355 Spider at auction. Interior pretty much a sticky mess. But the sounds......oh man the sounds.
    Swoon. That's the stuff man, that right there. No limits? Take that for a few weeks cruise in the Fr. Alps. I'd drive it nice and slow....not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone had fixed the sticky bits, except for the A/C control surround. pretty low mileage, so the interior was in otherwise pretty good shape.
    it had a Tubi, which gave it a little more menace at idle and a little more joy up in the upper register but those V12s are muscle car engines, not true screamers like the v8 in the 355

a 355 GTS is so far my favorite driving ferrari... just enough in there to scare the bejeesus out of you if you push it, basically nothing in the car stopping you from making a mess of yourself. no wonder you see a lot of them in ditches, around trees, salvage titles. before everything got too powerful to be uncivilized.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the engine bay of the FJ62 Vortec. Work was done by HFS in SC. Very clean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justinf View Post
    Couldn't have said it better. In fact I think JM was the one who first told me this, in advance of my own findings that he was right on.

I used a donor engine (5.3L Chevy Vortec V8 from an 03 Tahoe) and tranny (2wd from an 01 1500 pickup). . . the transmission adapter requires a 2wd trans, come to find out, but the truck still runs 4wd. We used custom exhaust, Autometer gauges, lots of custom engine bay fab and a honking radiator, kept the Chevy computer and port. I'll take a pic over the weekend of the engine bay if you like.
    I owned a 1983 FJ62 in red and loved it, except the fuel economy of the original in-line 6. Add to that the spaghetti works of vacuum lines running to/from the carb and everywhere else and it just wasn't a keeper for me. I did like the tractor-like performance of the engine, but certainly would have done the swap like yours if I had known about it.

I originally wanted an FJ40, but needed more security to keep my valuables from growing legs while off rock climbing or hiking for the day.

Nice vehicle, Justin !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--- had em' most --- vette, lotus, bmw, mercedes, 66 mtang, ferrari..., my most favorite was a black/ red int 61 corvair monza turbo..
    ate the shit out'a the pontiac tempest..
    & right there with frank'e for nook'e.. them farm girls and the back/snow'e farm roads, only that back-engined bobsled could seek & hide..
    ole-man-memories with a limp smile,

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Justin that looks great. Need to come see that setup in person one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by WayneJ View Post
    I owned a 1983 FJ62 in red and loved it, except the fuel economy of the original in-line 6. Add to that the spaghetti works of vacuum lines running to/from the carb and everywhere else and it just wasn't a keeper for me. I did like the tractor-like performance of the engine, but certainly would have done the swap like yours if I had known about it.

I originally wanted an FJ40, but needed more security to keep my valuables from growing legs while off rock climbing or hiking for the day.

Nice vehicle, Justin !
    Yeah I drove my FJ62 (yours had to be a FJ60 if it was carburated) for 12 years and loved every minute of it except the filling up with gas part. I miss that truck a lot though...which is why in the next few days an 80 series is going to be following us home. :-) Guess I'm a glutton for punishment...but I am stoked it has worked out for us to be back in one.
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Badonkadonk View Post
    The problem with Ferraris is not the buying price. Some could look like relative bargains on paper but you have to think of many parts such as the clutch as short term consumables.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    The problem with Ferraris is not the buying price. Some could look like relative bargains on paper but you have to think of many parts such as the clutch as short term consumables.
    i disagree - the problem is that they take up quite a bit more room in the garage than a new bike and you can't pretend they were always there

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the upside, if you pull the trigger on the 550, you can justify upgrading your wardrobe with this too!

What's The Most Expensive Piece Of Carmaker-Branded Crap?

pimp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The story I once read is that Signore Lamborghini was inspired to start making cars after he realized that the clutch he was replacing in his new Ferrari was the same clutch that he sold in his tractors.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about the 550 Marc drove, but can you even buy a new Ferrari with anything other the F1 flappy paddle job?
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so it's not actually an auto, but someone needs to buy this hovercraft off Craigslist. I don't have room.

1986 SCAT HOVERCRAFT PRICE REDUCED