User Tag List

Page 72 of 351 FirstFirst ... 626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 7005

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

The 94-96 buick roadmaster is the best possible wagon with a shitty plastic and electrics but with more cargo room and better engine because LT1.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jitahs View Post
    That Grand Cherokee will handle like a pig vs. the x5 when pushed. .
    It's worse than I thought - one nearly capsized in front of me.

Poor calibration of: rebound damping, tire spec and (the thing that's supposed to reign it all in) stability control.

But don't take my word for it:

"Old and standing in the way of progress"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, but it's Trail Rated.

index.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, 'cos that's where it'll end up if you drive it like a car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's worse than I thought - one nearly capsized in front of me.

Poor calibration of: rebound damping, tire spec and (the thing that's supposed to reign it all in) stability control.

But don't take my word for it:

that's quite an eye opening video, thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I had planned on one of those for my wife's next car. Thanks for saving me from that fuck up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drove a Volvo XC60 yesterday - my wife took her XC90 in for service and her loaner is the XC60. Nice pickup through the city and on the highway. Handles well through the city. On the highway at speeds - horrible. Feels very front-end heavy and non-agile at 70/80 mph. Of course, I'm used to a BMW wagon w/ sport suspension - but this thing had me scared enough to slow down to 65 so a car doesn't swerve in front of me and I'm unable to react.

Saw the new Volvo wagon. Looks nice, but seems expensive for what it is. $4K more than an XC90 fully loaded. Looks big from the front but small in the back like it tapers back or something. I'd still like to drive one to see how it feels, but I think it will feel front-heavy as well.

Also - a friend wrecked his M3 and has a Jaguar (lower end) model as a loaner. He called it a "death trap". Seems luxurious but rides horribly in handling and acceleration.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Well, I had planned on one of those for my wife's next car. Thanks for saving me from that fuck up.
    Okay, the one I saw had the kind of headlights shown in the vid, which would make it about a 2012. Further investigation yields a much improved result for the 2014 (tested at 44 mph) but begs the question: how would it perform at 65 mph? Anyway caveat emptor, particularly when it comes to Chrysler and, while I'm at it, GM products. Both seem to have the same dysfunctional management as pre-bailout which invites you to be the crash test dummy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Teknikens Värld magazine with the results of the moose test for the 1988 Opel Vectra are in the outhouse at our cabin, if anyone is wondering how that car fared. Been there since, um, 1988.

Also, with that accent, Linus should be nominated for announcing the Nobel prizes. That's how we Swedes pick the members of the Swedish Academy - craziest Swedish accent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Counterfeit Chinese product perhaps? I wouldn't trust a Yeep either.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how would it perform at 65 mph?
    Clearly they should all be exchanged for X5s.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    Clearly they should all be exchanged for X5s.
    They'll only drive faster before they roll over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine drives quite well at all speeds. Magazine and web testers have generally considered it a peer with the Q5 and X3. Plenty of HP and Ft # after the Polestar reflash. I would consider brakes a modest weakness, although not as bad as the XC70. I'd be happy set up a race,a lough I would use my tame racing driver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Mine drives quite well at all speeds. Magazine and web testers have generally considered it a peer with the Q5 and X3. Plenty of HP and Ft # after the Polestar reflash. I would consider brakes a modest weakness, although not as bad as the XC70. I'd be happy set up a race,a lough I would use my tame racing driver.
    Guessing you are referring to your XC60? I drove it again and it wasn't as bad the 2nd time. Our XC90 (7 years older) handles highway speeds better and braking, I feel, is better. It just feels more stable. The XC60 is a champ around town though.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got to drive a Miata (2001 - NB) yesterday for the first time. Great car, liked it a lot actually. But I'd have to figure out how to get a seat in there that puts me 3" lower to make it work.
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    Finally got to drive a Miata (2001 - NB) yesterday for the first time. Great car, liked it a lot actually. But I'd have to figure out how to get a seat in there that puts me 3" lower to make it work.
    Before you do a foamectomy or rail removal try driving it with the visors to the side. I had to remove them entirely on my NA to get a good fov.

If it's a headroom issue check out miata.net.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a headroom issue, I was bumping the top of my head. I did move the visor to the side while I was driving and thought to myself it would have to come out entirely if I ended up with one.

Maybe it's a good excuse to get a nice Bride seat, lol. I'm still holding out for an ae86 mentally so I haven't really gone in depth looking for solutions.
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put 650 miles on the UZJ100 today. 1/2 of that towing a 3500lb. trailer. Got 15MPG while towing. I think I'm finally over my Volvo 945T. What an unbelievable vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after 2 months of chasing down an electrical gremlin, the battlewagon is back on the road. For two months I thought "i'm going to get ride of it" every time I worked on it.

Takes one highway drive with a big, hard pulling, angry burbly sounding V8 to change your mind.

10550930_10152976988657678_6560582689388763437_n.jpg
    Insubordinate. And Churlish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added this unit to the garage this past weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images