User Tag List

Page 355 of 361 FirstFirst ... 345346347348349350351352353354355356357358359360361 LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,100 of 7208

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Yeah, that's quite a tagline for 1975. Too bad he couldn't get Exxon to buy in.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scanning Jalopnik during work hours pays off? Wagonfest coming to the PNW this summer and fall.

https://www.wagonfestofficial.com/
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take some pictures tomorrow but My Honda Store took an 05 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S AWD in on trade. Guards red , 3 pedals and just under $40k with 73K miles. I don't know anything else about the car but htmup and I'll find out as much as I can about it. As usual Mods delete if not allowed. Thanks
    Frank Beshears

The gentlest thing in the world
    overcomes the hardest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fender mounted spare tire carrier … I like it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These things are the stuff. Spent most of the layover in Brussels airport pricing them on BAT after three weeks riding around in one in Uganda. Heart.

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    These things are the stuff. Spent most of the layover in Brussels airport pricing them on BAT after three weeks riding around in one in Uganda. Heart.

Not gettin' any cheaper either...unless you're content with a recently imported RHD from the late 90's.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    Not gettin' any cheaper either...unless you're content with a recently imported RHD from the late 90's.
    Pretty sure these are 1986 models that Toyota continues to make and ship to Africa for the safari operators. But there are evidently hella regulations that prevent them from ever reaching the US. Importing a South African "Troopy" model is as close as we get.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a classic car rally up in Hakuba. All of these cars were on the open roads from all over Japan.

Maserati A6GCS from early 1950's race type

Chapal from late 1920's. This would have been coach built in France. The original owner probably brought it over to the UK. Pretty rare car.

Bugatti Type 40 from 1926-1930

Maserati Mistral

I think this is a Ferrari 166 Inter.
    First time I have seen one, only about 20 were built. This is probably circa 1948-1949 and coach built by Vignale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beetles have such happy faces. The red and the drop too make it even moreso.

I should’ve taken pics last weekend when I was up there but my dad recently got a robins egg blue 1965 (hardtop) that had had a frame off restoration. It is really rad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jorn, there is quite a Range Rover culture in the DC/Metro. Don't ask me to explain why, I have no clue. It is not unusual to see fully restored Rovers putt putt'ing their way along busy DC roads. Most have retained their patina which adds even more to their glow.

Doc Brooks has one that absolutely kills and iirc has Rhino horn punctures in the driver side!

You moan the import regs. for those babies as do I for the Toyota pickup truck variants unavailable in the USA.

Doug, the fact those priceless cars are driven for fun on open roads gives me hope for humanity. There I said it.
    Last edited by Too Tall; 07-15-2024 at 06:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htwoopup View Post
    In cherry condition…
    I love the Lancia Fulvia! Here's a story I posted on my Instagram account a couple years ago about that car:

When I lived in Iowa and South Dakota as a kid, my sister and I flew back to Massachusetts to be with my father for the summers (winter break, too). I really didn’t bring any toys with me so would have to get a few things during my stay to make my time living with my grandparents more enjoyable. I’d often get plastic model cars and build them in my grandfather’s basement wood shop. This metal pre-built Lancia Fulvia model really caught my eye and I just had to have it. I think I got it over the summer of 1974 when I was 9 years old. It was just so cool with the snow paint and all of the removable parts. It was more a collectable than a toy and I put it on my shelf and admired it for many years. I still have that model (see pic 5) and it’s in pretty great shape, save for some missing parts and random replacement decals. Recently, I thought it would be fun to pick up one that was all original and I was lucky enough to find one in Germany that was never played with (NOS) and in excellent condition. It was really fun to open the box and have that same feeling I had back when I was a kid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Jorn, there is quite a Range Rover culture in the DC/Metro. Don't ask me to explain why, I have no clue. It is not unusual to see fully restored Rovers putt putt'ing their way along busy DC roads. Most have retained their patina which adds even more to their glow.

Doc Brooks has one that absolutely kills and iirc has Rhino horn punctures in the driver side!

You moan the import regs. for those babies as do I for the Toyota pickup truck variants unavailable in the USA.

Doug, the fact those priceless cars are driven for fun on open roads gives me hope for humanity. There I said it.
    I think Land Rovers/Range Rovers are cult objects and over-rated. I did not see a single Land Rover in Uganda.

Toyota Land Cruisers are what they drive in Uganda, in various forms. All the national park rangers in Uganda drive these, usually single cab but occasionally double:

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get it Jorn. Same in Costa Rica where Range Rovers go to get reborn with diesel engines and double range gear boxes. Coffee gonna get picked by elephant or Range Rover and the Rover eats less.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toyota Land Cruiser HJ47 in Bianchi green. 6 cylinder diesel.

Anyone know where I can get some door-sized Bianchi Reparto Corse artwork?
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    I think Land Rovers/Range Rovers are cult objects and over-rated. I did not see a single Land Rover in Uganda.

Toyota Land Cruisers are what they drive in Uganda, in various forms. All the national park rangers in Uganda drive these, usually single cab but occasionally double:
    Land/Range Rovers are luxury cars, it is normal that you will only see them in the hand of wealthy people only.

Toyota as a huge network also because they supply, indirectly, all armies and militias in Africa. It is no wonder the Chad/Libya war in late 80's was called the Toyota War.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    I was lucky enough to see one of these on the street today, I would have taken my eyes out if I had silverware in my hands. They are uglier than the photos suggest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they could have figured out how to make the wheels square they would have.
    Tom Ambros