User Tag List

Page 329 of 351 FirstFirst ... 319320321322323324325326327328329330331332333334335336337338339 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 7005

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

I am the one at fault. Though all Avants 6 are RS6, so i conflated the two and set you up with a bad question.

Elsewhere they get an A6 Avant and RS6 Avant. Didn’t even realize the former still existed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMG_4081.jpg
    Early Barracuda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echappist View Post
    I am the one at fault. Though all Avants 6 are RS6, so i conflated the two and set you up with a bad question.

Elsewhere they get an A6 Avant and RS6 Avant. Didn’t even realize the former still existed.
    There’s a ton of Avant variants outside the US. The 4 series wagons include the A4 Avant, Allroad, S4 Avant, and RS4 Avant, and some have both diesel and gasoline options.

(Btw, the US may get the new generation RS4 Avant since the RS6 did so well here).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvinlungwitz View Post
    There’s a ton of Avant variants outside the US. The 4 series wagons include the A4 Avant, Allroad, S4 Avant, and RS4 Avant, and some have both diesel and gasoline options.

(Btw, the US may get the new generation RS4 Avant since the RS6 did so well here).
    I just want a decently powered wagon in the ~$50k new range, in a fun color, with AWD, and without claddings (i'll concede to painted-to-match claddings). It dawned on me the other day that only lifted wagons get the cladding treatment, whereas the actual SUVs (XC60 in my case and Audi Q series in yours) don't have claddings.

And your mentioning of all those wagon variants reminds me of the walks my wife and I took on the streets of Tokyo and Taipei. All sorts of wagons, from the practical to the exotic. Fav (both for me and my wife) is the CLA shooting brake; just really elegant lines. Apparently, even Subaru knows how to make decently attractive wagons today (Levorg), which is distinctly not the impression one gets when looking at its NA offerings.

But let's end this on an upper. How much longer is your wait?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echappist View Post
    I just want a decently powered wagon in the ~$50k new range, in a fun color, with AWD, and without claddings (i'll concede to painted-to-match claddings). It dawned on me the other day that only lifted wagons get the cladding treatment, whereas the actual SUVs (XC60 in my case and Audi Q series in yours) don't have claddings.

And your mentioning of all those wagon variants reminds me of the walks my wife and I took on the streets of Tokyo and Taipei. All sorts of wagons, from the practical to the exotic. Fav (both for me and my wife) is the CLA shooting brake; just really elegant lines. Apparently, even Subaru knows how to make decently attractive wagons today (Levorg), which is distinctly not the impression one gets when looking at its NA offerings.

But let's end this on an upper. How much longer is your wait?
    Oh, I have my Allroad now. It was an incoming car when I bought it, not a special order (Audi is about to switch over to the next generation Allroad, and they aren’t doing special orders on the outgoing generation). Mine is the Prestige trim, but you can get a Premium trim for 50k or less.

Its cladding is not body color ($1,000 option) and I had to take what I could get, but it’s pretty low key and is close to the color of the car. Subaru’s cladding is kinda garish.

Here’s mine at the dealer when we picked it up.

Untitled by Marvin Lungwitz, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fits a smallish size bike without having to take off a wheel. 😃

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvinlungwitz View Post

Fits a smallish size bike without having to take off a wheel. ��
    This little “piggy” went to market…
    Nice bike!

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you park a car like this on the streets of NYC and avoid the upcharge for a “luxury” vehicle…the issue is not one of theft necessarily…

But the inevitable dings and scratches from other cars parking…

BTW, the covered over custom plate was as expected…clever but arrogant.
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Street parking a soft top in NYC? How long until that thing has an extra opening?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    Street parking a soft top in NYC? How long until that thing has an extra opening?
    Not to worry, it moved due to alternate side parking for the street sweeper. And it was replaced by a Kia. But the spaces in front of where the Aston Martin was are now taken until Thursday morning by a Maserati Quattroporte and a Porsche family car.

Beginning to think I am a piker for paying to park my 2016 Volvo in a garage. I mean NYC is the safest large city in the US according to the numbers but I must be over-reacting to the denting issue.

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you know harrods, know the cars, this brings such a smile to my face.
    I am sure it took the doorman at Harrods, a milli-second to call the wardens.

The supercar douchbags really cause problems on that road behind Harrods going to the Ecuadorian Embassy
    You can't park on the double yellow where the Rolls Royce drop off their passengers . . . . geez... the gall of some people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never knew this existed, and now I want it?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4232360303161/

Facebook is the worst thing in the world right until it's okay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For years I saw a 3-door pickup parked on a Wallingford street. I should get over this summer cold and ride over there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    If you know harrods, know the cars, this brings such a smile to my face.
    I am sure it took the doorman at Harrods, a milli-second to call the wardens.

The supercar douchbags really cause problems on that road behind Harrods going to the Ecuadorian Embassy
    You can't park on the double yellow where the Rolls Royce drop off their passengers . . . . geez... the gall of some people.

Funny, but it also smells like a press event. Like why didn't the Harrods guy say don't park here? He's standing right there. And that's no regular repo truck. And how was the crowd already there?

And where is the windshield?
    Last edited by j44ke; 08-02-2023 at 05:21 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stopped for gas in Westport NY about 60 miles south of the border with Canada. There was an “antiques” store next to the service station. The only thing, ATMO, worth inquiring about was this. But I was politely informed that it was the only thing there not for sale.

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htwoopup View Post
    Stopped for gas in Westport NY about 60 miles south of the border with Canada. There was an “antiques” store next to the service station. The only thing, ATMO, worth inquiring about was this. But I was politely informed that it was the only thing there not for sale.

I understand their decision not to sell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve always preferred the look of the ranchero to the el Camino. Something about the dimensions … the ranchero looks less long and low.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Funny, but it also smells like a press event. Like why didn't the Harrods guy say don't park here? He's standing right there. And that's no regular repo truck. And how was the crowd already there?

The car is the 2020 Aston V12 Speedster
    I doubt it was a press junket, because that is a normal repo truck. Your idea of a tow truck doesn't work in London.

Regular Harrods employees are instructed to not interfere with patrons. That is left for security. If you ever want to shop lift, you know where to go now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    The last thing they want is rich people making a scene then leaving without buying anything. They'd rather let them enter and tow the car while they are busy spending money inside, unaware of it.

There are a lot of people around there because luxury stores are always a good spot for teenager looking for supercars. Same way some people spend their day filming planes landing and taking off near airports.

Never had, never will.
    Last edited by sk_tle; 08-03-2023 at 09:32 AM.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have similar “sky-crane” repo trucks in the NYC, but this one looks designed specifically for careful lifting of expensive cars. The ones in NYC make decidedly less effort to protect the finish. They want to get in and out without getting shot. Pull up, slide the “X” underneath, attach the hooks, hoist and away. Three streets over, they stop and tie everything down.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books