User Tag List

Page 303 of 350 FirstFirst ... 293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,060 of 6992

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Does that car have exhaust pipes?
    It's got the worst of styling cues: fake exhaust surrounds.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just popped up in my Inbox. Nice tie-in. Go for the LeMond, stay for the Polestar? I am tempted but pretty long drive for me.

Placement of that bike on the roof is going to seriously undermine the range on the Polestar

Still holding out hope that Polestar will make a wagon (and yeah, pigs might fly before that).

The Polestar 3 almost looks like a raised wagon if one were drunk enough. I'd need to be fully drunk before I'd want to buy one.

Also, shockingly, despite the presence of a front boot (really don't like the portmanteau "frunk"), the cargo volume on this thing is smaller than what my V60 has...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echappist View Post
    Placement of that bike on the roof is going to seriously undermine the range on the Polestar

Still holding out hope that Polestar will make a wagon (and yeah, pigs might fly before that).

The Polestar 3 almost looks like a raised wagon if one were drunk enough. I'd need to be fully drunk before I'd want to buy one.

Also, shockingly, despite the presence of a front boot (really don't like the portmanteau "frunk"), the cargo volume on this thing is smaller than what my V60 has...
    Front Boot = Froot. Pick your poison.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The V60 hybrid wagon is Polestar engineered. Which is why I guess it costs $72,000. Which is $23,000 more than the gas V60 Cross Country.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Front Boot = Froot. Pick your poison.
    Advertising portmanteaus are so effing cringe

What's wrong with fore-boot, fore-trunk, etc?

Then again, I don't mind words like spork; it just doesn't feel as contrived for whatever reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does that car have exhaust pipes?
    Fake. And those funky black lumps on the outer edges of the bumpers. It’s horrid, imo.

The car’s also a lift back (a big plus).

If it weren't for the styling, I’d place an order in a second. (Superficial of me, I know).

Battery and T free cyclist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lift back are a little better than sedans. Like sneaking a hatch into your driveway, but not quite.

That rear end is awful. Between that and the beaver teeth grill, BMW has lost its way.

I’m keeping an eye on older Z4 and Z3’s these days. They seem to be able to be had for low money with reasonable miles on them. Early Boxsters as well, but I’m wary of repair costs for those vs BMW.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to me they are trying to design a car without having to redesign parts in common with their gas models. Cost-management.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Front Boot = Froot.
    For your Fruggage!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan and Mike and the gang..don’t tell Jorn but I gave my VFD $25 this morning to hold this gem back from the jaws of life until I can gather some funds for Jorn’s new Festka team car. The green (with 44 years of patina) and woodie colorway immediately struck me, it even has a factory roof rack and all 4 hubcaps are original. Jorn’s been talking about an electrification project and this could be it. LMK as they’re only giving me 48 hours to come up with the other $25.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

Dan and Mike and the gang..don’t tell Jorn but I gave my VFD $25 this morning to hold this gem back from the jaws of life until I can gather some funds for Jorn’s new Festka team car. The green (with 44 years of patina) and woodie colorway immediately struck me, it even has a factory roof rack and all 4 hubcaps are original. Jorn’s been talking about an electrification project and this could be it. LMK as they’re only giving me 48 hours to come up with the other $25.
    In 1985-86, three friends and I got together and bought a Concord 4-door sedan. We were stationed at Great Lakes, just a few months out of boot camp, and looking for a way to escape the area. To get it base legal, we had to go wreck diving at a junkyard to find a horn. We only found part of one, so it kind of squealed instead of honking, but loud noise is all that was required. We were all electrical/electronics guys, so we wired up a home receiver for a stereo. If six people were in the car, the guy on the hump up front had the stereo in his lap. We took it to Lake Geneva, WI, Milwaukee, and Chicago. It looked like crap with primer and rust, but it was totally reliable. We got all our money back when we finished school in 86.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvinlungwitz View Post
    Fake. And those funky black lumps on the outer edges of the bumpers. It’s horrid, imo.

The car’s also a lift back (a big plus).

If it weren't for the styling, I’d place an order in a second. (Superficial of me, I know).

I'm more of a fan of the new mercedes. They still do some bonehead stuff, but the electrics are getting better.

I also think the interior with the full panel hyper front front display is the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

You let somebody lean that car against your bike?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I was thinking of something more like this Skoda 130 RS maybe.

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the comfort of the team manager and mechanic I would have chosen a Tatra 603.

Who would refuse a rear engine v8 configuration?
    Last edited by sk_tle; 10-17-2022 at 11:48 AM.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    For the comfort of the team manager and mechanic I would have chosen a Tatra 603.

Who would refuse a rear engine v8 configuration?
    That was the ominous black car of the Czech StB during communism. You didn't want it stopping at your house.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the ominous black car of the Czech StB during communism. You didn't want it stopping at your house.
    I looked at this picture before you commented and said "police state" out loud ... not so thrilled to see my gut feeling was right.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a good enough reason to reappropriate them and repaint them in flower power themes or something else really coloful like we do on old vw campers.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're probably going to need another car in the next six months or so, and the reasonable part of me thinks it should probably either be a used BMW i3 or a new VW ID4. But I just can't get excited about them at all.

What interests the lizard part of my brain?

I guess I'm just never going to outgrow the 90s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our local pickup truck guy is selling a nice looking 1989 Chevy currently. He gets his trucks from out west in dry environments, works on them as needed (his house is near ours so I see the trucks when they come in) and then puts them out in the lawn for sale. Sacrificed to the Goddess of Sodium!
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books