User Tag List

Page 269 of 350 FirstFirst ... 259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 6992

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Ohh that's lovely.

LOL I've always had a thing for the Austin however I'd drop a 6 cyl. chevy engine and four speed because the orig. guts are just awful ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our garage mates at Lightning Lap last week were not messing around:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toe warmers!

...and I'd like to think that if I'd designed the XKE, I would've simply thought, "Perfection. No one will ever top this.'
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    you guys are my safe people, so i feel comfortable saying this here/ ranting.

i'm 11mos into my 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro. i absolutely LOVE almost all of it. the part i don't like is killing me, though. the sound system (JBL system). i can't handle it. i can't get the equalizer right, despite 8 months of tweaking every single thing. i swear it messes with my tinnitus. it's something i noticed immediately, but chalked up to coincidence. i'm especially bummed, because it's the first time i've ever had the upgraded audio system in a vehicle.

the bigger problem is that the JBL system in Tacomas is kind of like a proprietary setup; the tweeters, door speakers, amp, and sub are all unique to the system such that no single component can be easily replaced. in reality, the easiest solution is to gut and replace everything. it'd be like trying to mate a Campy disc caliper onto a Shimano lever. i'd be fine gutting it, but i don't like messing with audio systems. especially on a truck less than 2 years old. double especially when that money could better go towards the camper shell i want.

so one thing i'm highly considering doing is trading in the truck towards an Outback (Wilderness). I've got a decent chunk of equity built up. so trade it in and sit on the Outback for 3 or 4 years till (hopefully) Toyota fixes the god-awful audio system.

i also considered trading in for a 2021 or 2022 Tacoma, but JBL system remains part of a larger option package that's got all the other creature comforts i insist on.

first world problems, i know.
    welp. Traded in Tacoma for an Outback Wilderness. Got more than expected for trade, and there was no market price adjustment with the dealer that had the Outback. So chopped a year off my financing and dropped the monthly payments.

Really digging the Outback so far. The 2.4 turbo has a hell of a lot more punch than the 2.5 did in my 2012 Outback.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drove behind a Tacoma today. Looked brand new except that the bed was skewed. That's gotta suck. Also the rear bumper was about the height of my windshield wipers.

Anyway, welcome lower elevation driving.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you believe the Wilderness has .1” more ground clearance than a 4x4 Tacoma? Sure doesn’t feel like it when sitting in the drivers seat, though.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the VIPs brought this sweet little thing with them to VIR (they are trying to sell) and tossed me the keys to do a few parking lot hot laps after I introduced myself.

Oh man, I wanted one before, but now I REALLY want one! This one is super clean and $8k

Bed is 6'4" long - fairly usable!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    One of the VIPs brought this sweet little thing with them to VIR (they are trying to sell) and tossed me the keys to do a few parking lot hot laps after I introduced myself.

Oh man, I wanted one before, but now I REALLY want one! This one is super clean and $8k
    I bought the Mini when I couldn't find one of these. So So Sweet. And 8k for a clean one strikes me as a great price given what I was looking at.
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by 72gmc; 10-27-2021 at 05:05 PM.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Toe warmers!

...and I'd like to think that if I'd designed the XKE, I would've simply thought, "Perfection. No one will ever top this.'
    If you would have designed the XKE, I would have gotten you drunk and insist that you put a reliable power train in it. I bought a new E-type in 63 and it spent near as much time in the shop as it did on the road. Beautiful car though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Exige looks beautifully used and appreciated. Love it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    Who wouldn't want that fire truck?
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone who's house was on fire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    i just put down a deposit on a Rivian R1S...wanted the truck but i was vetoed by my better half

been doing a lot more driving lately and i'm sick of having to pump gas
    I put deposits down on both just to get in line. If we actually pull the trigger I think we will go with the R1T. I contacted customer service to confirm it but the S won't fit a sheet of plywood. Since this will replace our minivan I want to be able to haul junk when needed. I could still make it work with the S but I hate putting sheets on the roof and a trailer would be a huge pain for what I do.

I'm not even a car guy (2008 Honda Fit and 2019 Chrysler Pacifica) but the Rivians really got me wanting a super fancy car. They are supposed to be opening a showroom or whatever they call it in Chicago and I'm eager to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rec head View Post
    What if it's a tiny house?

Nice to find a picture of my alternate universe Acty, although I'd prefer a bright jelly bean color.

https://petrolicious.com/articles/th...ner-in-detroit
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put deposits down on both just to get in line. If we actually pull the trigger I think we will go with the R1T. I contacted customer service to confirm it but the S won't fit a sheet of plywood. Since this will replace our minivan I want to be able to haul junk when needed. I could still make it work with the S but I hate putting sheets on the roof and a trailer would be a huge pain for what I do.

I'm not even a car guy (2008 Honda Fit and 2019 Chrysler Pacifica) but the Rivians really got me wanting a super fancy car. They are supposed to be opening a showroom or whatever they call it in Chicago and I'm eager to check it out.
    I saw a Rivian truck in the city. The bed looked really short and narrow. Like the length of a Honda Ridgeline bed but maybe narrower. So yeah, definitely not big enough for a sheet of plywood.

Also has wide wheels but the body gets narrower towards the top - meaning the cab is not as wide as the wheels. I was riding right behind it in traffic, so could see the vertically tapered sides. Reminded me of those old Jeep Cherokee pickups.

It was a nice looking vehicle though. And I guess most pickup trucks drive around empty all day. I could see fitting say a job box in the back but not much else. Not sure bikes would fit in the back without lowering the tailgate, but I haven't done the math.
    Last edited by j44ke; 11-04-2021 at 07:22 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw one in Naperville recently, parked downtown and with manufacturer plates and did a double take. Presumably part of their test fleet.

A couple weeks ago I test drove a Tesla Model 3 LR and Y LR and liked the 3 way more but the Y is so much more practical. The acceleration of these is disorienting. It’s hard to imagine what a Model S Plaid must be like.

Seems I’ll have to get a 718 GTS 4.0 instead and be completely impractical.
    Last edited by Saab2000; 11-04-2021 at 07:14 PM.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people are buying them! https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/30/u...rs-trucks.html
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    That Exige looks beautifully used and appreciated. Love it!
    Taking a knee for all the bugs.

A few years ago I was driving by the Hilton in DC when a bunch of One Lap of America cars were parked overnight. D@mn if you aren't right, supercars well used look just right.

Sometime I'll have to tell about a local who fitted a BB Ford into a Volvo Wagon for One Lap. He's kind of an oddball.