User Tag List

Page 262 of 351 FirstFirst ... 252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 7005

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by htwoopup View Post
    @rmplum, this ended differently than the Acty path I was on. It will not fit a bike. It can not have (to my knowledge) a bike carrier. There are potholes in NYC and in Quebec bigger than the wheels. I can only find two manufacturers of snow tires. And I paid way more than it is worth but I was on a mission egged on by my wife. I will have to figure out how to make it go better than it’s current state at some point…

That thing is just begging for a 4-bike rack with extra sets of wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So fun looking.

my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    The Brat was the one with rear facing seats in the bed, wasn't it? With handlebars for safety!

14 year old me wanted one.
    I owned a 1979 Brat for several years and I loved it. It was so light that it was pretty good off road despite the limited ground clearance. The rear seats had grips on each side as well as seat belts. It was FWD all the time and the rear was only engaged when in 4WD. The rear seats came in quite handy in the winter when pulling a car hood behind, one person could ride in them and keep an eye on the sled passenger.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh. Diesel. And orange.

Details.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I went to pick up my Rover Mini, this was parked next to it at the warehouse….

« If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jon, juar fold that and put it in your pocket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this YouTube series was recommended here somewhere? It has been highly entertaining. Thanks!

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Sunday we went to a concert at a brewery in an old industrial area. Most of the buildings were abandoned, except for this one:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caleb - what are you driving these days? Is that your allroad on the left of the photo?
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beatles cover band?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Beatles cover band?
    Not exactly: Bach and Brews. I think this must have been some sort of VW shop.

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    Caleb - what are you driving these days? Is that your allroad on the left of the photo?
    No, the Allroad's not mine.

Our grocery getter Toyota was totaled in March, and my wife and I decided to just share our Outback for the summer.

I'm thinking I'll want another grocery getter/trailhead shuttle this winter, and I'm tempted to do something really dumb, like buy a circa 2005 Land Rover LR3 and see how long it goes before the air suspension blows up. In the scheme of bad choices, I figure it's worse than party drugs, but not as bad as a variable rate jumbo mortgage. Talk me out of it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    ...circa 2005 Land Rover LR3 and see how long it goes before the air suspension blows up. In the scheme of bad choices, I figure it's worse than party drugs, but not as bad as a variable rate jumbo mortgage. Talk me out of it?
    Nope. I won't. Sounds like a great idea.

I have a 99 Lexus LX470 as the hauler, and the competence and reliability gets old after a while. Living vicariously through your LR3 purchase sounds like the perfect antidote.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Sunday we went to a concert at a brewery in an old industrial area. Most of the buildings were abandoned, except for this one:

This looks like somewhere near Ayd Mill Rd. Or am I completely off?
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. I won't. Sounds like a great idea.

I have a 99 Lexus LX470 as the hauler, and the competence and reliability gets old after a while. Living vicariously through your LR3 purchase sounds like the perfect antidote.
    I hope I’m bored of the reliability of my GX in 20+ years. An LR3 project car does sound like fun though. Not that it would be a project car to modify as much as a project to keep it running.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not exactly: Bach and Brews. I think this must have been some sort of VW shop.

No, the Allroad's not mine.

Our grocery getter Toyota was totaled in March, and my wife and I decided to just share our Outback for the summer.

I'm thinking I'll want another grocery getter/trailhead shuttle this winter, and I'm tempted to do something really dumb, like buy a circa 2005 Land Rover LR3 and see how long it goes before the air suspension blows up. In the scheme of bad choices, I figure it's worse than party drugs, but not as bad as a variable rate jumbo mortgage. Talk me out of it?
    If this were a Land Rover without tons of electronics, I think it would be fun. I don't think this is the case. "Death by 1000 paper cuts" is the best way to describe ownership of aging British cars in the electronic era. The day where everything is sorted and running perfectly never comes...in my experience.

If I had a very flexible schedule, alternative transportation, tons of discretionary income and the patience of the Pope, sure. In the meantime, I would see what kind of deal you can swing on some slightly-expired gas station sushi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    This looks like somewhere near Ayd Mill Rd. Or am I completely off?
    Other side of town. This is next to Utepils Brewery, which is between 394 and 55, west of downtown Minneapolis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I hope I’m bored of the reliability of my GX in 20+ years. An LR3 project car does sound like fun though. Not that it would be a project car to modify as much as a project to keep it running.
    Oh nice! If I ever get rid of it, it will be for a GX. I actually like the way they look and the size/handling is a little tidier.

What I really want is a 70 series Land Cruiser pickup. That will most likely happen before I need to think about changing out the LX for something newer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I hope I’m bored of the reliability of my GX in 20+ years.
    “This damn thing. It keeps delivering value for money.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh nice! If I ever get rid of it, it will be for a GX. I actually like the way they look and the size/handling is a little tidier.

What I really want is a 70 series Land Cruiser pickup. That will most likely happen before I need to think about changing out the LX for something newer.
    We love it. Got it for my wife, but I'm stealing it from her. We road trip to North Carolina with some regularity and it's both very comfortable cruising on the highway and very capable when we get there. No problem on any remote forest roads or moderate trails. I'll swap out the wheels/tires and make a couple other small changes in the next year or so and then it should be pretty dialed for our needs. Nice car for heading into town that doubles as a way to get to remote sites for some car camping.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry - I am clueless - but there is a Land Cruiser pickup? New one? Or is this just the one with mounts for an anti-aircraft gun in the bed?
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books