User Tag List

Page 249 of 351 FirstFirst ... 239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 7002

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

1938 Alpha 8C-308 on display at IND airport...only 4 of these were ever made and this particular car competed at the Indy 500 in 1940, 1946-48.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parked outside of Scholar’s East at THE Ohio State University...gotta love it.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up a Tacoma this weekend and am extraordinarily stoked on it. Has a few mods; couple inch lift, flowmaster exhaust, a big fuck you bumper, floods/fogs. Last night I spent a few hours putting in a new headunit and speakers, as the ones that came with it were worse than garbage. All in all a huge upgrade from my POS Subaru I'd been driving for the last decade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdp211 View Post
    Picked up a Tacoma this weekend and am extraordinarily stoked on it. Has a few mods; couple inch lift, flowmaster exhaust, a big fuck you bumper, floods/fogs. Last night I spent a few hours putting in a new headunit and speakers, as the ones that came with it were worse than garbage. All in all a huge upgrade from my POS Subaru I'd been driving for the last decade.
    nice looking rig. how would you characterize it's on-road manners with all that suspension work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty good, surprisingly. The previous owner was incredibly meticulous with his choices and care of the vehicle, and it really shows. All the suspension bits are really high quality, and it also has airbags in the rear (more for adjusting height while using his rooftop tent, but they add to the ride a bit). It definitely rides like a truck, but there's a lot less roll than I expected. First drive was a few hours back across PA to Westchester, and it was rather comfy for all those highway miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did you do for a head unit? I haven't shopped in a while but it feels like a super simple unit with good sound would work for me. Even on local trips, a lot of my audio is device + Bluetooth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.velocipedesalon.com/foru...2&d=1499034983
    Tacoma’s really hold their value well.
    Sold my 2017 Limited this month and picked up a Model Y(wife’s new car). I’m either waiting on the Rivian pickup or we’ll get another Tesla next year(not the Cyber Truck).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    What did you do for a head unit? I haven't shopped in a while but it feels like a super simple unit with good sound would work for me. Even on local trips, a lot of my audio is device + Bluetooth.
    I wanted something with both CarPlay (I don't really care about it being wireless) as well as a physical volume knob, which definitely limited my options. Ultimately I went with the Sony XAV-AX1000. The screen isn't very big, but I kind of prefer it that way, particularly with the aesthetics of the truck. A giant screen would look out of place, I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That 1940 Alfa 8C is beautiful.
    That was back when the tires
    were skinny and the drivers
    were fat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted something with both CarPlay (I don't really care about it being wireless) as well as a physical volume knob, which definitely limited my options. Ultimately I went with the Sony XAV-AX1000. The screen isn't very big, but I kind of prefer it that way, particularly with the aesthetics of the truck. A giant screen would look out of place, I think.
    Looks good. Are you going to install a backup camera? I don't really love the screen in my wife's CX-9 except when I shift into reverse--I'm pretty much hooked on the backup camera now.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    Looks good. Are you going to install a backup camera? I don't really love the screen in my wife's CX-9 except when I shift into reverse--I'm pretty much hooked on the backup camera now.
    Thanks! I'm not sure when Toyota introduced it, but the truck has a backup cam integrated into the tailgate handle, which pops up on a rather small screen in the rearview mirror. Resolution is pretty garbage, but it gives a solid view of whats right behind the bumper. The headunit could be connected to the backup camera, but I didn't really want to play with more wiring than I had to.

Here's how it looks installed. Crutchfield kit was pretty clean/extremely easy to install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! I'm not sure when Toyota introduced it, but the truck has a backup cam integrated into the tailgate handle, which pops up on a rather small screen in the rearview mirror. Resolution is pretty garbage, but it gives a solid view of whats right behind the bumper. The headunit could be connected to the backup camera, but I didn't really want to play with more wiring than I had to.

Here's how it looks installed. Crutchfield kit was pretty clean/extremely easy to install.
    My FJ had that little camera (I guess it technically still does, I just don't have the FJ anymore). Anyway, I'd take it over the giant camera in my wife's Volvo any day. It's actually kinda great to put the camera on the mirror where you should be looking anyway.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    My FJ had that little camera (I guess it technically still does, I just don't have the FJ anymore). Anyway, I'd take it over the giant camera in my wife's Volvo any day. It's actually kinda great to put the camera on the mirror where you should be looking anyway.
    Ya, I'm right there with you. I guess people like giant screens, but from the perspective of actually being helpful while parallel parking or whatever, being able to see what's in the mirror and the camera at the same time makes a whole lot more sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Safari this morning in the Lawrenceville section of Pittsburgh...
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

One of these rolls around Falls Church with the logo of a whiskey company on it (Lost), which appears to be a marketing-first distillery complete with a retreat in the Shenandoahs, founded by an architecture firm (who appear to do really nice stuff) all of which is to say the whole thing feels peak “2019” and I can’t decide whether to buy one of their bourbons or not.

Their LR is amazing, irregardless.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    One of these rolls around Falls Church with the logo of a whiskey company on it (Lost), which appears to be a marketing-first distillery complete with a retreat in the Shenandoahs, founded by an architecture firm (who appear to do really nice stuff) all of which is to say the whole thing feels peak “2019” and I can’t decide whether to buy one of their bourbons or not.

Their LR is amazing, irregardless.
    It has Virginia plates on it.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has Virginia plates on it.
    Saw that. Not the same one though.

There’s another one in town that is RHD and has had some decals taken off it that reference the name of a safari company. Clearly straight out of Africa.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    Saw that. Not the same one though.

There’s another one in town that is RHD and has had some decals taken off it that reference the name of a safari company. Clearly straight out of Africa.
    Gotta love it...I like the jack too.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta love it...I like the jack too.
    The faded Union Jack does it for me. But I’m married to a Brit so don’t mind me.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems slightly more sensible than the Unimog I saw in Brooklyn a few years ago.