User Tag List

Page 243 of 351 FirstFirst ... 233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 7005

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    Is the 2021 a clean sheet design? For what they cost, the interiors seem pretty dated.

My cars were made in 1999 and 2003, so no screens, just lots of buttons. I'm happy with that. But if I'm buying something new, I want it to look new.
    My understanding is that it will be a complete redesign, but that may be my wishful thinking. I actually like the somewhat dated interior of my 2017. It has knobs and the screen is only for the radio and GPS, and even much of the radio can be managed with physical buttons. For a car that requires focus to drive well, it's nice to be able to control things without needing to look. By contrast, our Volvo has a super modern control system and it's hard to use when driving since everything is managed via the giant pseudo-iPad in the middle of the dash. I also really only care about a car being fun to drive and having 3 pedals and good seats. The WRX/STI platform, old as it is, does those three things very well. But updated styling and a 90 horsepower increase sounds very promising (assuming the rumors are accurate).
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My platonic ideal car interior right now is a Mazda 6. One screen, really nice buttons/knobs just where they should be for all the HVAC stuff, and ample steering wheel controls for the audio functions. Everyone should just do that.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Automobiles

/\/\/\

Agreed. Knobs and buttons on dash seem more intuitive for HVAC controls.
    There should be no reason to navigate any type of menu system whatsoever.
    I similarly enjoy audio controls on the steering wheel. It just makes sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I get many of you need to feed your Euro car fix, but some of us like things made here and I love both of these things. No I did not have the IF made for the car, just a happy coincidence. Both tick the boxes that make me...well me.

Attachment 114924
    Nice. They most definitely get the job done at Summit Point, I've seen it. On the street I'd love to see the exhaust note made less raspy, more thunder yah know? LOL again NO HATE but I can count on the Mustangs to be the only drivers who will always do a burn out after a day at Autocross...not that there is anything wrong with it ;)

BTW Nice bike sir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Dave, is your Mustang manual? A friend got one for his wife (because she is bada$$) and I was pleasantly surprised to see the third pedal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes all late model GT500's are manual except for the brand new 2020 ones, which are supposed to be a game changer for the mustang. I am not one who is a die hard manual or nothing person. It just is what it is, mostly fun with a few downsides. Just more fun things to upgrade. I am hitting up a dyno and tune next Tuesday. I am curious what is at the wheels with the mods I have and the tuner I am using. Never had one done before on a car, so kind of excited.
    Dave Bradley...not the grumpy old Hogwarts caretaker "Mr. Filch" or the star of American Ninja 3 and 4.

formerly "Mr.President"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just need to put this out there the plague not withstanding. I've always wanted to drive a GT40 full on at the track.
    Should the stars ever align, highly doubtful, for such a selfish pursuit I'd die a happier man.
    Quite honestly, there are many many wonderful automobiles I'd enjoy the he!! out of but this THIS represents the most visceral example of race car I could actually drive and have a heck of a good time. Of course, I'd put in a thousand hrs. of community service to balance the scales just cause ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right on. This would be fun. The same thing in a Carrera GT would be fun too, or an F40 for that matter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the exhaust note on that Ford GT40 with all the crackling and popping. So cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Just need to put this out there the plague not withstanding. I've always wanted to drive a GT40 full on at the track.
    Should the stars ever align, highly doubtful, for such a selfish pursuit I'd die a happier man.
    Quite honestly, there are many many wonderful automobiles I'd enjoy the he!! out of but this THIS represents the most visceral example of race car I could actually drive and have a heck of a good time. Of course, I'd put in a thousand hrs. of community service to balance the scales just cause ;)

-----------------------------------------------

Tall Man
    --- if our paths had crossed back in the early eighties.., i would have put you in one at Road Atlanta...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spotted on my ride this morning...Ya Mon!
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old Econolines are just fun to see. Needs a few kegs of ginger beer over the rear axle maybe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    Old Econolines are just fun to see. Needs a few kegs of ginger beer over the rear axle maybe?
    Ford added a counterweight under the rear of the bed as these were prone to lifting the rear wheels when applying the brakes in an emergency stop..wouldn’t that be fun?
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Ford added a counterweight under the rear of the bed as these were prone to lifting the rear wheels when applying the brakes in an emergency stop..wouldn’t that be fun?
    Alternative solution, think inside the box.

Econoline.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    +1,000

My first WRX was an early 2000s wagon. Loved, loved, loved that car. That body shape with the STI performance would be amazing.
    One of my COVID-19 time killers has been looking for good condition early 2000 WRX wagon shells. If I could get rid of my commuter car (working remotely more long-term) than it would be fun to have a slow burn project to build a sleeper-ish old WRX wagon. My wife has a hard limit of one project car and the FJC would need to be the daily if I want another project car.
    Nathan H

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamu8104 View Post
    One of my COVID-19 time killers has been looking for good condition early 2000 WRX wagon shells. If I could get rid of my commuter car (working remotely more long-term) than it would be fun to have a slow burn project to build a sleeper-ish old WRX wagon. My wife has a hard limit of one project car and the FJC would need to be the daily if I want another project car.
    May I suggest: The Impreza Casa Blanca Was The Ultimate In Rally-Going Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How not to use your Porsche in a pandemic.

The driver seems like a total idiot.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott G. View Post
    Alternative solution, think inside the box.
    Fire suit? Fuel tank somewhere other than in the cab? A safety machine!
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    How not to use your Porsche in a pandemic.

The driver seems like a total idiot.
    Yeah no kidding ! How to fuck up your CGT under influence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    Yeah no kidding ! How to fuck up your CGT under influence.
    This isn't his first wreck either. Other articles say he has made a hobby of destroying expensive cars.

I guess also while tickets are down, there has been an uptick in idiots taking their once in a lifetime chance for a record Lap of Manhattan or 8th Ave stoplight run.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books