User Tag List

Page 236 of 351 FirstFirst ... 226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 7005

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

I actually think this looks pretty rad, like something out of a movie from the 80s.

Tesla Cybertruck

Although, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a collision with it (on a bike or in a car).

"ULTRA-HARD 30X COLD-ROLLED STAINLESS STEEL

If there was something better, we’d use it. Help eliminate dents, damage and long-term corrosion with a smooth monochrome exoskeleton that puts the shell on the outside of the car and provides you and your passengers maximum protection."

Don't know how that would pass modern safety standards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given some of the longest in-use Teslas are pushing 1/2 million miles with very reasonable maintenance costs I think this is a winner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see a video clip with that truck in the night and some music from Kavinksy.

The bed seems a bit small for a worker's truck but the execution seems interesting for other usages.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno Thomas, that's the same 6.5' bed I have in my Tundra. Payload is very impressive. I'd like to see the "on the ball" ratings as well as see some schematics of the tow bar structure. Suppose this is purchased by folks who tow boats and trailers who do not "overland". It's looking like a long term investment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    I dunno Thomas, that's the same 6.5' bed I have in my Tundra. Payload is very impressive. I'd like to see the "on the ball" ratings as well as see some schematics of the tow bar structure. Suppose this is purchased by folks who tow boats and trailers who do not "overland". It's looking like a long term investment.
    I do about half of my bed access over the side, rather than in the back, so I can see that being an impediment to easy daily use. All the same, I am here for this truck, I can't wait to see how it looks on the other side of regulatory-compliance driven redesign.
    This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmgorman View Post
    I do about half of my bed access over the side, rather than in the back, so I can see that being an impediment to easy daily use. All the same, I am here for this truck, I can't wait to see how it looks on the other side of regulatory-compliance driven redesign.
    Ouch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Re: Automobiles

Was just playing with the "build your own" configurator for the new Land Rover Defender.
    If you wish to see a dizzying choice of options visit: Land Rover - Vehicle Configurator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmgorman View Post
    Without any experience of living with a pickup truck that's the kind of issues I wouldn't have think about before purchasing.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    Was just playing with the "build your own" configurator for the new Land Rover Defender.
    If you wish to see a dizzying choice of options visit: Land Rover - Vehicle Configurator
    What's funny about that is that if you actually go to a dealer to buy a Land/Range Rover, they'll have like 3 to choose from and they're all loaded. So the website is dizzying and actually finding what you want is a chore.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    "...So the website is dizzying and actually finding what you want is a chore..."
    You are not kidding! One selects options in the build menu only to see the same options reappear later.
    It is not like they are "grayed-out" or with a checkbox already filled to indicate the option has been satisfied.
    For a luxury-tier vehicle at a premium pricepoint they need to get their web designers to get that tool honed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, that truck looks great. Can't reach the bed to put anything in it and where the hell do you store the solar panels? That piece cannot be lightweight, can it? And magic window glass mumbo jumbo torpedoed by mere mortals.

I'll take one of these with a Prius drive train.

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ there was a putty-colored, steelie-wheeled, manual transmission Toyota like that in the neighborhood when I was a teenager. For sale. I wanted it but decided to keep my '81 Accord, fill it up with ski and bike gear, and drive it like a rally car.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Lionel...2020 Porsche 911 Speedster

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a really nice Porsche like Lionel's this morning on my ride home. The teenager driving it seemed happy, too.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    For Lionel...2020 Porsche 911 Speedster

Not a convertible guy but this is nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just got off the phone with my old man- i think he's going to buy a new 2019 Mustang Bullitt.

i had the 2008 and it's the only car i ever regret getting rid of. i loved that thing. the new one to my eye is by far the best looking of the current mustang line-up. i'm not a fan of the transmission they're putting in the current GTs- but other than that the car is pretty close to a perfect pony car.

i'm also the only person in the world who test drove a gt350 and was underwhelmed- my GT500 with all the work I did to it was a far better handling car and had twice as much horsepower- and honestly the performance of the Bullitt is so close I couldn't tell much of a difference on public roads and the engine and exhaust sound better on the non flat plane ford v8s.

i think Dad will like his Bullitt- although knowing him he'll bail at the last minute since this time last year he was $400 away from getting himself a Boss 302- but if he can get a Bullitt out the door for less than 40k- he'll buy it.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--- 2020 bullitt with the dark green -- racaro seat option is my awesomeness..
    tweeking air filter and a few low$ minors.., 500+ hp ----- sooo much over the C8 corvette...
    ronnie with a SMc smile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    D110 base price is $49k
    D90 base price is $65k

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justin. View Post
    D110 base price is $49k
    D90 base price is $65k

That’s a little off... the D110 base price is indeed around $49k but the D90 isn’t available to be configured online yet. It’s possible that price you saw for a D90 was the First Edition msrp. The base D90 will cost less than the base 110 when it becomes available in Spring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun times in Vegas with Porsche GT3RS and Ferrari 488. My fav was the Porsche by quite a long shot.