User Tag List

Page 230 of 351 FirstFirst ... 220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 7005

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by Cookietruck View Post
    yeah, there is a local dealer with a blue one with a 6spd, we are going to go look at it and VW is doing 4.5k off right now. it's unlikely to happen though, we are going to go in with our fresh 3month old and see how it plays out.
    a few variables, have a 2017 jetta to trade in, still want more than 4.5k off and it's going to be quick. i think it will end up we drive it, talk a bit about price then walk out after 20 mins coz the kiddo starts making the process unbearable.
    maybe we luck out and they really want to get the thing off the lot. i think they have two alltrack with 6 spd manual trans...
    Yeah my place had three manuals (one S, two SEs) and bumped up how much they gave me for my old car to sweeten the deal. The process was still unbearable because it took forever, but it was a good deal and I like the car; I put a hitch on it and a 1up rack shortly after.

Oh and if it is silk blue, that is what I got.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post

V60, V90, E450, A4 or A6 AllRoad.
    How about a Taycan?
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    Proper stick:

Here's my proper one. My '06 GTI back in '06. Still rolling strong but showing a bit of wear and tear now.

Gratuitous bike content: My old Serotta CIII, the bike that got me on the handmade bike bandwagon.

La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even with Porsches, sticks are a hard sell. GT4s and a few GT3s. The GT4 clubsport has PDK. Manual transmissions are like friction shifting. Even the new MINI GP3 only comes with an 8 sp auto.
    If you want a manual, better buy it now, because the manufacturers do not have much of an economic case for keeping them. Poor performance, for fuel economy, and more expensive per car sold to pass all the goverment testing. Just as an example, how much more does a GT3 than a 911? In reality same car with less stuff. Or how much more does a GT4 cost than a 718 cayman S?
    And the S is actually quicker. The market for these expensive Porsche "gt" cars is very small. And the market for the used versions for these cars has softened dramatically in CA. How many race cars have 3 pedals today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With emission regulation getting stricter and stricter, hybrid and electric drivetrains, driving assistance being the next selling point manual transmission are going the way of the dodo and there is no going back.

Collect oldtimers if you want to stick to shifts. Driving a collectible may soon be the only allowes way to drive a fossile powered car in our countries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're joking right? You can't get a naturally aspirated 500hp engine in a 911 without getting the gt3...similarly you can't get a naturally aspirated 400hp engine in a Cayman without getting the gt4/

Quote Originally Posted by dpcompt View Post
    Even with Porsches, sticks are a hard sell. GT4s and a few GT3s. The GT4 clubsport has PDK. Manual transmissions are like friction shifting. Even the new MINI GP3 only comes with an 8 sp auto.
    If you want a manual, better buy it now, because the manufacturers do not have much of an economic case for keeping them. Poor performance, for fuel economy, and more expensive per car sold to pass all the goverment testing. Just as an example, how much more does a GT3 than a 911? In reality same car with less stuff. Or how much more does a GT4 cost than a 718 cayman S?
    And the S is actually quicker. The market for these expensive Porsche "gt" cars is very small. And the market for the used versions for these cars has softened dramatically in CA. How many race cars have 3 pedals today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally missing the point from beginning to end.

Quote Originally Posted by dpcompt View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year Volvo and Freightliner built almost 95% of their sleeper trucks with a 12 speed Automatic and Peterbilt and Kenworth weren't far behind at 87%. That ratio should get closer since Paccar came out with a 12 speed collaboration with Eaton Fuller that should equal the performance of the DT12 and Ishift...Oh wait wrong Forum :>). Relevant in that more and more people have no Idea how to drive a Stick whether it has 6-7 speeds you have to clutch every time or 10-18 that you use the clutch once to get started and never use it again until you stop.
    Frank Beshears

The gentlest thing in the world
    overcomes the hardest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked this up recently. 1979 Cadillac Fleetwood. 47K miles. One owner car. I plan on using as a daily, it's a clean runner. I've been working my way through the little bits that needed the work, but it really isn't much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@BlackOakVelo View Post
    Picked this up recently. 1979 Cadillac Fleetwood. 47K miles. One owner car. I plan on using as a daily, it's a clean runner. I've been working my way through the little bits that needed the work, but it really isn't much.
    That car stood right out in the D2R2 parking lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How man dead bodies or bikes with wheels on fit in the trunk? It's a valid equivalency yah?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 bikes with front wheels off in the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    How man dead bodies or bikes with wheels on fit in the trunk? It's a valid equivalency yah?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Justin...you don’t seem old enough to know how to clean a vinyl roof...tip...stock up on 1980’s Turtle Wax vinyl top cleaner, as I bet that used a hundred cans of that stuff, cleaning my grandfather’s cars.

https://www.ebay.com/i/264287353641?...kaAuTIEALw_wcB
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Caddy is begging for stage II nitrous kit and a Strange Gears LSD so you don't spill your beer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get the official upscale Cadillac tires with white walls and the yellow stripe. Those engines are great if not amazingly inefficient. Keep an eye on the vacuum system under the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@BlackOakVelo View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    The rest of you wagon lovers, ante up!
    I bought a 2009 e91 a couple of years ago for the US equivalent of just over $13k. I think I'm pretty committed to buying out of warranty Euro wagons moving forward.

BMWe91.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had considered Vogues when I was shopping for new tires, but passed as they are pretty much a summer tire.

I get about 18mpg in it. I’m not terribly offended by that considering it’s almost 5000lbs and has a big block in it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    Get the official upscale Cadillac tires with white walls and the yellow stripe. Those engines are great if not amazingly inefficient. Keep an eye on the vacuum system under the hood.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that perhaps Her Royal Majesty was in town for an unofficial visit...
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I thought her majesty preferred black whether vintage or modern...