User Tag List

Page 229 of 351 FirstFirst ... 219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 7005

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    I wonder how this will sell in the US. Great car. Heavy but great.
    If it is only the RS6 Avant it will likely be brought to the US only in quantities of a few hundred. As pictured above, I'll bet it is pushing $100K. The regular A6 Avant would certainly sell in more significant numbers, competing with the MB E-Class wagon and Volvo. The market for wagons is small in the US, but it's not nothing either.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    If it is only the RS6 Avant it will likely be brought to the US only in quantities of a few hundred. As pictured above, I'll bet it is pushing $100K. The regular A6 Avant would certainly sell in more significant numbers, competing with the MB E-Class wagon and Volvo. The market for wagons is small in the US, but it's not nothing either.
    the best comp is the e63 amg wagon...when i bot one in 2016, i was told that only 1200 made it to the states in that year...maybe more fanboys of the rs6, but probably not that much higher

also, the new generation e63 with the right options is pushing $130k...but make no mistake, these are both supercars dressed up as grocery getters

and no chance a lease will make any financial sense unless you just don't care...the residuals on these things is ridiculous cuz drivers tend to drive the snot out of them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how this will sell in the US. Great car. Heavy but great.
    It won't. People in Internet forums will get hards-on for it, but when it comes time to actually buy, they won't. And then it will be 15 years before Audi tries again.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A buddy of mine told me this morning he is getting one. So there, one sold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    It won't. People in Internet forums will get hards-on for it, but when it comes time to actually buy, they won't. And then it will be 15 years before Audi tries again.
    A six figure price tag cuts a lot folks out of the running.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A buddy of mine told me this morning he is getting one. So there, one sold.
    here or in europe?

remember us 'mericans do not like/buy small premium/luxury cars and we especially do not like wagons even if you make them to high standards that are coveted my europeans with class/taste.

we like trucks that guzzle gas and are stupid for everyday use which is why the Ford 150 is the best selling automobile in the US of A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    here or in europe?

remember us 'mericans do not like/buy small premium/luxury cars and we especially do not like wagons even if you make them to high standards that are coveted my europeans with class/taste.

we like trucks that guzzle gas and are stupid for everyday use which is why the Ford 150 is the best selling automobile in the US of A.
    Here in CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here in CA
    So not in the US of A, then?
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Looking forward to driving this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was funny.

Americans don't buy wagons. We buy trucks, and tall cars that marketing fools us into thinking are trucks. SUVs, that is.

Me, I'm planning to hold onto my TSX Wagon for a few more years, and then to replace it with an even better wagon. Not an E63 or RS6 Avant, but a V60, V90, E450, A4 or A6 AllRoad.

The rest of you wagon lovers, ante up!
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    I'm doing my part! I even converted my wife to a wagon lover.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one can say you didn’t try!

I like manuals and knobs and mechanical stuff. But I love eTap.
    i leased a 2008 VW R32 and on paper it was the best car in the world for me. it had a great interior- a wonderful engine- the best brakes in any car i've ever owned- and the engine management system was great. it had weird stuff i'd never heard of like launch control and the like. i've always been a GTI guy and this was the ultimate GTI.

i owned it for six months. i'd get in the car and instantly get annoyed trying to shift without a clutch and i'd just stick it in automatic mode. for me- automatics just don't take to being manually shifted- and i missed rowing my own gears so much. it was weird because everything about the car was perfect in every way- except for one small thing that made me hate the car and not like driving it at all- so i got sold it and got a 2008 Mustang Bullitt which was my first muscle car and started me on my love for big dumb american v8s.

i still love little european cars- and my base level cayman is super slow and unengaging with its tiptronic transmission- but i still love a manual transmission and i miss having one. my (now ex) partner Kate can't drive a manual so i got my Tacoma with a slush box too-

i don't know. i love fun cars and fun cars to me have a stick...although i'm a different guy than the one who couldn't handle owning an automatic ten years ago.

anyway-
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    i'd get in the car and instantly get annoyed trying to shift without a clutch and i'd just stick it in automatic mode. for me- automatics just don't take to being manually shifted-

i don't know. i love fun cars and fun cars to me have a stick...
    It really depends if you are in grand touring spirited driving mode or full attack mode.

While a proper stick is much more engaging on the former, an efficient DSG-like transmission with paddles is really great when doing track days or in full attack mode in a deserted mountain road. But yeah, this doesn't really apply that much to normal road car use.
    Last edited by sk_tle; 08-23-2019 at 04:32 AM.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    That was funny.

Americans don't buy wagons. We buy trucks, and tall cars that marketing fools us into thinking are trucks. SUVs, that is.

Me, I'm planning to hold onto my TSX Wagon for a few more years, and then to replace it with an even better wagon. Not an E63 or RS6 Avant, but a V60, V90, E450, A4 or A6 AllRoad.

david...you need a wagon mafia sticker on your TSX.

#wagonlife join the Wagon Mafia!
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

Not until they've got the right silhouette!

My TSX Wagon 01.JPG

...plus I'd never join any club that would have me as a member. Present company excepted of course.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

currently looking for a wagon. always looking for a wagon.
    a nice looking 2003 W8 passat wagon here. the forums scared me away...and it's an auto...

trolling the dealership sites and VW is discounting the Golf Alltrac right now. found a few 2019 S models with 6 speed manual trans but I don't want to pay close to sticker.
    might be a now or wait a few years for them to show up used type deal, no VW wagons in the US for 2020.

there was a 2003 Audi Allroad with 6spd but I missed that one.

SO sad that even with VW the SUV's sell wayyyy better than their wagons in the US.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, manuals.

CVT or paddle-shift automatic is, yes, faster. It's just not as much fun. Like Craig, I like both feet involved and getting that right hand off the wheel to snick-snick through gears. I know that an auto can rev match better and shift faster than I can. But that's the challenge, and the joy.

I ended up saving the money and just getting a Civic Sport hatchback with a 6sp manual. It's the "Cannondale with 105" choice, granted. And it's also a hoot. This car will always be more capable than my autox skills (or lack thereof).

(after driving a few SIs and a couple of Sport Hatches, I went with the hatch utility and the deeper discount. The SI was more fun, but I didn't think it was 3 grand more fun)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cookietruck View Post
    currently looking for a wagon. always looking for a wagon.
    a nice looking 2003 W8 passat wagon here. the forums scared me away...and it's an auto...

trolling the dealership sites and VW is discounting the Golf Alltrac right now. found a few 2019 S models with 6 speed manual trans but I don't want to pay close to sticker.
    might be a now or wait a few years for them to show up used type deal, no VW wagons in the US for 2020.

there was a 2003 Audi Allroad with 6spd but I missed that one.

SO sad that even with VW the SUV's sell wayyyy better than their wagons in the US.
    Keep looking. I picked my 2019 VW Alltrack 6sp for 4.5k off; the deals are definitely out there. Plus 2019 is the last year for VW's really good warranty as I think it drops at least 1 or 2 years off the end of it next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Proper stick:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    Keep looking. I picked my 2019 VW Alltrack 6sp for 4.5k off; the deals are definitely out there. Plus 2019 is the last year for VW's really good warranty as I think it drops at least 1 or 2 years off the end of it next year.
    yeah, there is a local dealer with a blue one with a 6spd, we are going to go look at it and VW is doing 4.5k off right now. it's unlikely to happen though, we are going to go in with our fresh 3month old and see how it plays out.
    a few variables, have a 2017 jetta to trade in, still want more than 4.5k off and it's going to be quick. i think it will end up we drive it, talk a bit about price then walk out after 20 mins coz the kiddo starts making the process unbearable.
    maybe we luck out and they really want to get the thing off the lot. i think they have two alltrack with 6 spd manual trans...