User Tag List

Page 228 of 351 FirstFirst ... 218219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 7005

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age.
    In many, many ways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    I'm with you on the Golf R. The manual is long and ropey with no feel. We've had a handful of these in over the past few years and in this case, gimme the DSG.

RP
    No short throw option or anything? The short throw on my STI is so much better than the stock shifter. Then again, I never minded the long sloppy throw on any of my manual offroad vehicles. If I'm not going to shift it myself, I want it to be because there's nothing to shift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like wagons. Audi wagons.

So the new RS6, confirmed for the US, was the best automotive news I've come by in a while.

I'm not a candidate to buy right away, but I'll be following to see what happens next.

Perfectly happy with a new S4 Avant, if they choose to bring one over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/\/\/\

Audi RS6 Avant is stunningly beautiful and is absolutely drool-worthy.
    Fingers crossed they bring some versions with real-world tire sidewalls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That one wisely appears to have no sunroof. Sign me up.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    "...That one wisely appears to have no sunroof. Sign me up..."
    No wonder that car is so attractive to me. That's it! No absurd, loud, rigidity-robbing, silly sunroof. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    In many, many ways.
    Where's the Heart Emoji when I need it?

p.s. I know you're borrowing that V90 every chance you get. These will be on my shopping list too:

2020-audi-a6-allroad-quattro.jpg e400w.jpg
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Where's the Heart Emoji when I need it?

p.s. I know you're borrowing that V90 every chance you get. These will be on my shopping list too:

2020-audi-a6-allroad-quattro.jpg e400w.jpg
    The V90CC infotainment/climate system has fewer knobs than I prefer (it only has one), but other than that it is an awesome car. We love it, even without a manual.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    No wonder that car is so attractive to me. That's it! No absurd, loud, rigidity-robbing, silly sunroof. :-)
    You forgot complexity adding, headroom robbing and one-more-thing-that-will-eventually-fail, costing-thousands-to-fix-in-the-future while you were at it.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    No short throw option or anything? The short throw on my STI is so much better than the stock shifter. Then again, I never minded the long sloppy throw on any of my manual offroad vehicles. If I'm not going to shift it myself, I want it to be because there's nothing to shift.
    I put in a short shift, pulled out a spring, removed the clutch delay orifice, and had a set of pedals made that oriented the throttle and brake pedals better for heel and toe shifting. The box still sucked. When I lemoned the car (because of recurrent CELs), VW gave me the option to pick any R I wanted so I took one in blue with a dsg. Its a much better car, stone reliable, the transmission is really excellent, and its got a 5 or 6 yr warranty (can't remember which), and a digital dash that's quite slick.

I drove sticks forever but this car is far better with the dual clutch. If I still had a Porsche, it would have a manual.

I also just got a bike with di2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
    I put in a short shift, pulled out a spring, removed the clutch delay orifice, and had a set of pedals made that oriented the throttle and brake pedals better for heel and toe shifting. The box still sucked. When I lemoned the car (because of recurrent CELs), VW gave me the option to pick any R I wanted so I took one in blue with a dsg. Its a much better car, stone reliable, the transmission is really excellent, and its got a 5 or 6 yr warranty (can't remember which), and a digital dash that's quite slick.

I drove sticks forever but this car is far better with the dual clutch. If I still had a Porsche, it would have a manual.

I also just got a bike with di2.
    No one can say you didn’t try!

I like manuals and knobs and mechanical stuff. But I love eTap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    "...You forgot complexity-adding, headroom-robbing and one-more-thing-that-will-eventually-fail, costing-thousands-to-fix-in-the-future while you were at it..."
    You are absolutely correct!

I was perhaps too lost in thought thinking about:
    Realistically-only-used-in-car-brochures or maybe usually-too-hot/cold/humid/rainy/icy/sunny/windy/noisy when posting.

Seriously though, maybe it takes a remarkable vehicle like this to illustrate the ridiculousness of sunroofs?

We probably sound like two broken records on this automotive thread, yet I cannot think of a better instant way to simultaneously improve performance, save money, save headaches, save weight, and improve fuel mileage when seeking a new car...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask me Jon. I used to carry a single rowing scull on the roof of our Volvo. Just don't turn sharp corners without first checking for "stuff" in the way ;)

Actually, in a straight line you can't tell it's there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the RS6 actually confirmed to be imported in the US ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/\/\/\

Audi keeps posting on their FB page that the RS6 Avant will be available for purchase in North America.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TTX1 View Post
    I like wagons. Audi wagons.

So the new RS6, confirmed for the US, was the best automotive news I've come by in a while.

I'm not a candidate to buy right away, but I'll be following to see what happens next.

Perfectly happy with a new S4 Avant, if they choose to bring one over.

Very nice, but That car is six figures. While I could afford it, that's pretty significant money to spend on a car.
    As I've griped in the past, it's unfortunate Audi doesn't bring the excellent, but more reasonably priced RS3 Sportback or the S4 Avant to NA.
    Geoff used to race around on a Brodie Sovereign
    Geoff Morgan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are highly depreciative cars that should only leased, not owned. Add to that the really high maintenance costs and the so so reliability outside of the warranty periods they can be money pits if owned for too long. Definitely a luxury. As someone mentionned previously, they are pretty much supercars with a wagon body, not something you might want as an only car or use if your local roads are badly maintained.

It could be fun to build some kind of lifted rally raid wagon with an S6 though. An S6 is already a lot of car.
    Last edited by sk_tle; 08-22-2019 at 04:55 AM.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    These are highly depreciative cars that should only leased, not owned.
    Depends where Audi financial sets the residual. That makes all the difference in the world for whether leasing is worth it. Anyway, whoever gets this car probably doesn't care much about depreciation. Otherwise they'd get a mid-size sedan.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    These are highly depreciative cars that should only leased, not owned. Add to that the really high maintenance costs and the so so reliability outside of the warranty periods they can be money pits if owned for too long.
    Sounds like you've owned an Audi or two like me as I purchased two A6 Avants, the last one from Audi's certified plan (lease returns) at 0.0% for 5 years...gave a dealer $50 down over the phone, traveled to Hartford on business to drive and buy the car and drove it home to Pittsburgh...had the last one for 14 years. The car stickered at $42K in 2001 and sold for $24K in 2004 with 25K miles on the odometer. The certified warranty covered more than the factory warranty and it was needed and at some point with these cars. You need to befriend Jurgen the mechanic and join his inner circle and locate a parts/salvage yard such as Shokan Coachworks in upstate NY for rare parts such as $83 cupholders, $500 rear view mirrors and $125 antennae. I liked the way that the Avant performed as well as the comfort features, but I should have sold it about 4 years earlier than I did. However, 3 kids learned to drive in that car, it was awesome in the rain and the snow and we always felt safe with 4,400# of German steel between us and the world. Highlights, paint, fit, finish, AC, seating, sound system, cargo capability. Lowlights, random quirky electronics, cooling system, cost of repairs.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how this will sell in the US. Great car. Heavy but great.