User Tag List

Page 221 of 351 FirstFirst ... 211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230231 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 7005

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

I'm a $rick so I go with the C type even though it was inferior to the D and E types. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a VW Alltrak. I was a VW parts dude for six years so I'm well aware of the marque's "eccentricities" but does anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny thing was the bird was overhead, the lure was out and the car owner walked up with an unleashed dog. The falconer asked him to move along and the car owner said he'd grab the dog if something happened. The falconer replied he'd get a bill and it'd be for more than the Jag is worth. They race falcons in the Arab countries, they sprint over 600 meters, the falconer pays for his operation breeding birds. The one overhead was worth about a quarter million pounds... and that's a cheap one. People pay ten times that much. Say what you will, but he is keeping species like the Himalayan Eagle Owl in existence until we clean the DDT out of their habitat, his figuring is that in 10 years there will be no more in the wild...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    The funny thing was the bird was overhead, the lure was out and the car owner walked up with an unleashed dog. The falconer asked him to move along and the car owner said he'd grab the dog if something happened. The falconer replied he'd get a bill and it'd be for more than the Jag is worth. They race falcons in the Arab countries, they sprint over 600 meters, the falconer pays for his operation breeding birds. The one overhead was worth about a quarter million pounds... and that's a cheap one. People pay ten times that much. Say what you will, but he is keeping species like the Himalayan Eagle Owl in existence until we clean the DDT out of their habitat, his figuring is that in 10 years there will be no more in the wild...
    The Egg Thief | Outside Online

unfortunately, the falconer and his arab clients are going to wipe out the birds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Continuation of the cars of Elizabeth street, although this one parks on Eaton Square which intersects Elizabeth.

Aston Zagato Z

The car is a miss because the rearend is totally whack.

(BTW, the same guy has a FF and GT Superfast 812. Pretty sick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    The Egg Thief | Outside Online

unfortunately, the falconer and his arab clients are going to wipe out the birds
    Not this one. All his birds are bred in captivity, scrupulously documented. The bird he was demonstrating was still in the UK because of a clerical error and cannot be exported even when the band number and paperwork were corrected. The ones working within the system work under tight scrutiny and if you talk to them rehab and species protection are a large motivation.

It's like saying there will be no more flowers after reading The Orchid Thief.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not this one. All his birds are bred in captivity, scrupulously documented. The bird he was demonstrating was still in the UK because of a clerical error and cannot be exported even when the band number and paperwork were corrected. The ones working within the system work under tight scrutiny and if you talk to them rehab and species protection are a large motivation.

It's like saying there will be no more flowers after reading The Orchid Thief.
    Tom, I hear you. For more common raptors, not an issue. I think the issue is for those endangered raptors which are already under pressure from habitat loss. All you need is for the bird to be a trophy animal for some rich collectors to covet and you can put amazing pressure on the species.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Trade you a lifetime supply of NFS for a chance to hoon that suckah
    Don't do it, that's only like three bottles.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOOFUS View Post
    ever since I was a teenager, I have had the conviction that the series 1 e-type is the most beautiful car ever made.
    I agree, eye-achingly so. Reliability however....not so much. Mine spent more days in the garage than it did on the road. I bought it new and sold it with less than 10,000 miles, even though it served me well as a young single guy in Hawaii.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually slightly more interested in the construction of that trailer than I am with the car...
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    I'm actually slightly more interested in the construction of that trailer than I am with the car...
    That is not the factory issue trailer, they have a battery box & winch installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Thompson View Post
    I agree, eye-achingly so. Reliability however....not so much. Mine spent more days in the garage than it did on the road. I bought it new and sold it with less than 10,000 miles, even though it served me well as a young single guy in Hawaii.
    I had a teammate whose dad owned an E-type. He fought with it for 30 years until finally dropping in a chevy small block. then he was very happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm headed across the bridge over to Walnut Street this evening and I promise to post a few drool worthy photos, as this is the night where the cars on display are by invitation only.

Walnut Street Invitational Car Show -
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking my new car search is dead. After reading up and talking to my mechanic (former race driver in europe, runs the best local place), the oil dilution issues in the Honda 1.5 and Hyundai 1.6 sound like they make the investment a non-starter -- my average drive is 3-6 miles in this small city, so lots of short trips in di turbo four-bangers that aren't getting enough time to warm up sounds like I"m going to have some blown-up shit in about 5-6 years, even with frequent oil changes.

Either that or find new hatch with a normally aspirated engine and a sport-tuned suspension for 25G. Does not exist....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screw all of this talk about Honda’s and Hyundai’s...Ford accompanied Shelby as the marquis brand for a large section of Walnut Street this evening and I took care of you guys in terms of the photos, drool and gelato. I wish that could link the video of #54 firing up the engine.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm weak at the knees. Thanks as always R.W.
    Yah know? Americans have produced some of the most visceral race cars on earth. Yeah yeah Italian this German that but man o man the American road cars are nuts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anytime TT...I’ve got some pics of the cooler Porsche’s, Vette’s, English cars and exotics that I’ll post later...even a restored Indian, Norton and a BSA for good measure.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either that or find new hatch with a normally aspirated engine and a sport-tuned suspension for 25G. Does not exist....
    Without going all the way back through have you driven a recent Mazda3? NA all day long, and while not particularly fast, Mazda does a nice job of making something pretty fun to drive. The huge rear C-pillars on the new 5-door are unfortunate, but otherwise those and the 3rd? gen they stopped making last year are worth a try. They can even be found with manuals and Mazda makes a nice one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't dig that you have to pay for the top trim to get a manual.

I'm going to try a civic with the 2.0 and 6MT -- giving up some performance, but a lot less shit to go wrong over ten years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't dig that you have to pay for the top trim to get a manual.

I'm going to try a civic with the 2.0 and 6MT -- giving up some performance, but a lot less shit to go wrong over ten years.
    Doofus:

That's insane. You're taking a principled stand over an upcharge for stick shift over a slush box at Mazda? That's literally the funniest thing I have heard all day. You're right they shouldn't do it- or maybe everyone else SHOULD....i mean they don't make a lot of manuals.... chances are it might cost them more per unit to build'em-- especially given the packaging on fwd cars that are really mid engined cars . still funny.

but for you and Musgrave- you looking for a car that gets 900 mpg, will never break down, can't look too nice, and needs to function as both a box van and a rally cross car- oh and will be paid for in cash you've had hidden in your mattress for the last twenty five years after your surprise christmas gift of free breast augmentation didn't get the response you expected taht christmas morning. "BOOBS? YOU BOUGHT ME BOOBS? I JUST WANTED A NICE VACATION TO S. BAARTHES YOU CHEAP PERVERTED PRICK!!!" and Musgrave asking around for what is the highest performance 80 horsepower thing available with four wheels- and he's not taking my idea of a pair of clapped out Husky super motored bike for an answer -

BEHOLD YOUR NEW CARS: YOU GUYS BOTH NEED THIS: The K-Swapped Honda Fit Is a Brilliant Sleeper

these idiots will build you a street sleeper like this for 20grand. 18 grand if you each buy one.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Type R Fit w/a K24 from the factory would be awesome if they didn't put a bunch of BS wings and fake vents on it. I'd totally buy that car.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?